Chapter Twelve

˚₊໒🌙꒱Sunwoo₊˚

She smells so good. Be nice to her, his wolf growled.

As if he wanted to be cruel to her. It took all of Sunwoo's strength not to press her against her apartment wall and ravish her the way he wanted. Seeing her shapely legs in that t-shirt had his inner teenager ready for any kind of action she'd give him.

Though she'd come willingly-sort of-he wasn't stupid enough to think she was going to ride to the pack house without a fight. He ushered her towards his Jeep, and opened the door, gesturing for her to get inside.

Jihyo curled her lip, but climbed inside, glancing around as he jogged around to the driver's side. He felt like a creep forcing his mate to come back with him, and the way he concerned her like a scared animal.

But he'd run out of options.

Once Jacob told him about her father, he understood her resistance more so, and he needed to reevaluate his plan.

Sunwoo started down the highway, locking her door, and making her glance over at him. Her phone vibrated and when she looked at the screen, she grimaced.

Sunwoo assumed it was her boyfriend, but when she answered, he heard her mother's voice on the other end. "Jihyo! Finally! I haven't heard from you in days. I didn't know if you made it back or not-"

"Oh, can it, Mother. You did too know I made it. You know your fiance's son is here hunting me like an animal. I know he told you, and thanks for the heads up about getting married. Seriously? Married to this random wolf from the Dark Moon Pack. I can't stand to even think about it."

"Jihyo-wait. Who told you about that? Have you talked to Sunwoo?"

Jihyo grumbled. "Once or twice. He's been breaking into my apartment and cornering me-"

"Mrs. Hajoon," Sunwoo said loudly, interrupting Jihyo.

"-excuse you," she snapped. "This is a private conversation."

Sunwoo's wolf loved the fight she gave them. Sunwoo, on the other hand, wanted to yank her hair backwards and show her who was the boss. Not that he would do it, but he wanted to.

"You're with him now?" Mrs. Hajoon asked.

Sunwoo could hear the smile in her voice.

"Did you think about accepting this man's marriage proposal at all? I mean, I'm mated to his son, which is going to make us step-siblings, and I don't like any of them! Now I'm forced to choose between my mother and this pack."

"Sweetie," she whispered. "You're overreacting."

Jihyo closed her eyes and pressed the phone to her forehead. "I'm being forced to come to the pack house. I'm assuming you're up and left your life back home, and moved in with this man?"

She sighed heavily on the other end. "I'll see you soon, I love you."

Jihyo hung up without another word.

"His name is Jeongho, not 'this man'," Sunwoo said. tightening his fingers around the steering wheel. "And you're being a complete asshole to your mother."

Jihyo glanced over at him. "So you're happy about this engagement, I assume."

"I want my dad to be happy, which is what you should want for your mother. My dad makes her happy."

Jihyo looked out the window and ignored him. The city buildings gave way to grassy fields, and they grew closer to the pack house. "Look," he said, clearing his throat, "we're going to go see the pack house first. I need to check in with my beta. They are going to ask you questions, you let me do the talking."

She chuckled and shook her head. "Let the big bad alpha do the talking, right? Go figure."

Sunwoo closed his eyes and attempted to keep himself together. "I'm being generous with you," he said softly. "I really want to show you what happens when you disrespect your alpha."

Jihyo glanced over and narrowed her eyes. "You're not my alpha. You're a random wolf trying to force me into a mate bond."

Sunwoo's fingers curled into firsts on the steerign wheel. and he fought his wold from showing dominance.

Pulling up to a stop sign, Sunwoo tried to gather his irritation-but when the lock of the passenger door crack and the door swung open. He reached over to grab Jihyo, only snagging her t-shirt which ripped in one solid tear.

"Dammit," he mumbled, killing the engine of his Jeep. He tossed the keys into the ditch nearby and raced after her.

She sprinted through a field, her human form faster than he imagined, as he stripped out of his clothes and followed her.

Jihyo glanced over her shoulder and squeaked, which only added fuel to her fire. She darted toward their left, into the woods, and shifted in midair.

His wolf chuckled forcing him to shift after her. Her scent was heavy; there was no way she could outrun him, or lose him. Jihyo's quickness, and smaller wolf, made it easier for her to dodge trees, where Sunwoo nearly ripped most of the smaller ones up from their roots.

His wolf howled behind Jihyo, making her run faster, and skirt underneath a giant upturned branch.

His wolf began to feel irritated and moved to the left, throwing Sunwoo off guard. He circled around and caught her.

She whimpered but fell to her back in submission.

The way her wolf acted towards him was completely different than Jihyo. She submitted, willingly, and Sunwoo watched Jihyo shift to her human form and snarled at him.

His wolf laughed as Sunwoo shifted on top of her.

Every place their bodies met melted his skin to lava. He listened to the rapid beat of her heart, and her panting. His being naked on top of her made her feel things whether she wanted them or not.

Against his better judgment-and against what he truly wanted-he stood up and offered her his hand.

She didn't take it obviously, but her caught her giving him a once-over. Her cheeks turned red, and he returned her embarrassment with a smile. "You don't have to be ashamed," he whispered. "I like what I'm looking at, too."

She covered her ample breasts with her arms. "I'm ready to go back now. It was worth a shot."

He grinned. "Of course it was, and I thank you. My wolf is very happy to have met yours now. He's spinning happy circles."

Jihyo turned away from him, giving him a good view of her ass, and marched toward Sunwoo's Jeep. "Come on, before I catch my second wind."

***

ALL IM SAYING IS IF I WAS JIHYO I WOULDN'T BE TAKING MY EYES OFF OF SUNWOO- kuhygtfgthjk