Chapter Twenty-Four

˚₊໒🌙꒱Sunwoo₊˚

The girl from Jihyo's job stared at them through the driver's side window of Sunwoo's jeep. Sunwoo was pissed she interrupted them, and his wolf had some choice of words.

But Jihyo's face turning as red as a tomato made it worth it.

Sunwoo loved it. He loved everything about their current situation, in fact. Jihyo straddling his lap, the way she greedily kissed him, and the taste of her mouth.

He'd never forget it. If she decided to leave the pack house and live in the city, no other shewolf would ever compare to this. He'd tasted his forever, and he'd do whatever it took to keep it. And he knew by Jihyo's tugs on his t-shirt and her moans that she enjoyed it, too.

"Iseul?," Jihyo said, irritation in her voice, "what are you doing here?"

Iseul snorted as Jihyo opened the door and got out. He could hear everything, so he didn't even pretend like he needed to get out to eavesdrop.

"My grandmother lives here. I was picking up her monthly groceries for her. i think the better question is what are you doing here, Ms. Lying To Our Boss, and Keeping Secrets."

Sunwoo's wolf laughed, while Sunwoo did his best not to join him. It was obvious that friends didn't make out in vehicles like that.

Iseul narrowed her eyes to slits. "That is the guy from the club. I may be in my thirties, but my memory is still sharp as a whip. I wouldn't forget that face anywhere. You lied and said you didn't go home with him. I don't care about Seojun. I think you can do better. Why did you lie to me?"

Jihyo ran her palms over her face in obvious distress. "I haven't broken up with Seojun, Iseul. I'm not announcing anything to the world yet."

Her mouth dropped. "You hussy," she laughed. "No judgment here. i don't know why you felt like you needed to lie to me. ANd now you're staying a month with him? I mean, that's the strangest part of all of this, not the getting it on with him."

Jihyo wiped at her hairline. Sunwoo could visibly see the sweat forming there. "I'm not staying with him, I'm staying with my mom. She is marrying his dad."

Iseul burst out laughing. "You are sleeping with your stepbrother-"

"We haven't slept together," Jihyo hsised. "This was out first kiss."

Iseul gave her a deadpan look. "You expect me to believe that?"

Sunwoo tugged at the handle of the door and stepped out to save Jihyo.

Iseul grinned ear-to-ear and offered Sunwoo her hand. "Nice to meet you ..."

"Sunwoo," he asnswered.

"Iseul," she said. "I was just checking up on Jihyo. I was surprised to see her here."

Sunwoo chuckled. "Well, I hate to cut this short, but dad just texted and said he needs us at the house. DO you have everything you need?"

Jihyo gave him a thankful look. "I'm all good."

Iseul reached forward and hugged her. "I'm glad you're doing this. You need a different scenery and time away from Seojun. You deserve better."

Jihyo didn't seem surprised. "I'll call you," she said.

Iseul winked at her. "It was nice to meet you, Sunwoo."

"You, too."

She walked towards the store. When Sunwoo turned to look down at Jihyo, she had already slipped around the Jeep and into the passenger's seat.

Sunwoo sensed her unease. He climbed into the driver's seat and glanced over at her. Her thumbnail was tucked into the corner of her mouth, and she stared out of the window. It seemed to be a nervous habit. It was adorable.

"What's the matter?" he finally asked.

Jihyo swiped her palm down her face. "I'm just ... confused."

"About what?" Sunwoo asked, starting his Jeep. "Because that put everything into perspective for me. That was ... amazing."

Jihyo's leg began to bounce.

"Do I need to drive you to your apartment so you can break up with your little boyfriend when he gets back? Or do you want to do that over the phone? You seem confused that you're feeling this way towards me when you're seeing someone. You can solve the problem easily. Break up with him."

Jihyo hissed under her breath. "I can feel myself being dragged down into the pack life, and into a submissive relationship with you. That kiss," she said, shaking her head. "If it goes any further, I would do anything you said."

Sunwoo's confusion grew. He pulled over to the side of the road and glared at her head. "I don't understand. You're afraid you'll submit to me, Jihyo? What do you think I'll ask you to do? Kill someone? Murder a baby? I'm an alpha, and I want a strong Luna. Not a pushover. i'd definitely say that you're strong and level-headed. Most of the time. Unless you're running through a field away from me."

Jihyo nibbled her bottom lip. "I don't know what you'll ask of me. I've seen alphas ask many things of their Lunas. I've seen some lose their way, the person they were before they were marked just vanished-"

"That's not me," Sunwoo, reached over to grab her hand. "You're my equal. Why don't you believe me?"

Jihyo's bottom lip trembled. "I don't trust alphas," she admitted. "They lie. They take what they want."

Sunwoo reached over and ran his thumb against her bottom lip. "Let me prove it to you. Let me show you the kind of alpha I truly am. This month, let me show you. If you don't believe me, or I prove otherwise, you can leave."

Jihyo's gaze lowered to his mouth. "Okay," she whispered.

Sunwoo felt a piece of the ice around her heart chip away. "Okay?" he asked, sitting back in his seat. "Let's get your stuff back to the house then."

Sunwoo knew being an alpha came with a lot of dominance, and traits that seemed domineering. But he wanted nothing but the best for his Luna. He wanted to make her feel special. To make her feel wanted and loved.

If that meant giving into her classes, or her need for independence, then so be it. He would meet her in the middle every time.

Sunwoo found himself making a mental list of things to do to make her feel his warmth. Ways for her to fall into place at the pack house without feeling trapped.

First, he would get her an office to work on her classes and internship. They had plenty of room in the pack house.

Then it was time to show her exactly how special he could make her feel as his Luna.