*ੈ✩‧₊˚CHAPTER 22.1||Filler Chapter-Chanwoo .ೃ࿐!

2nd person POV

You lay in bed, thinking about the whole thing. What thing? The date. The supposedly "Bullshit date", ended up being not such a bullshit date after all. In fact, you couldn't admit it to yourself but you actually enjoyed it.

You didn't know why. Was it the fact that it was something new? You've never been to that botanical garden although it was pretty popular around your neighborhood. It's always the mall, the movies, or a simple lunch date, which wasn't so bad. It was fun, but you've seen it so many times that sometimes it just didn't feel that good anymore.

No, you weren't trying to say that you preferred Gyun Beo over Jiwon. It was so far from it. You'd always stay loyal to Jiwon, you loved him to bits. He made you feel like nothing in the world could stop you.

But it was refreshing in a way. Taking him out of your mind you got up and checked your phone, only to see many messages. Again, it was from Chanwoo. You figured he'd be asking about the whole situation but it wasn't just that.

He was spamming you, at first, it was about the way you got dragged out of the cafe without warning, but then it went to Jiwon. Apparently, he saw him with Chae Won. Fucking. Chae Won. Oh god, you hated that girl's guts. Not just because he liked your boyfriend, but because of the way she treated you. Not to mention the fact that she just can't stop trying.

Chanwoo said it looked more like a date than a friendly encounter, because not only did Chae Won start clinging onto him like a fucking chihuahua, they even hung out after classes off campus. Alone.

"What the fuck...?" You let out as you opened Instagram and checked Jiwon's story, and surprise surprise, he posted a photo with him and Chae Won in it. They were having ice cream near the lonely parts of town, where all the stores were usually closed by the beachside.

You felt your heart sink. He took her somewhere more special than whatever date he's dragged you on. It's not that you didn't appreciate them, but how could he go so far near the ends of town just to hang out with her?

You called Chanwoo immediately, feeling a puncturing feeling on your cheeks as tears rolled down.

Within a few rings, he picked up and you went senile... For a while.

"Y/N, what's up?" He asked you, clearly still in the cafe by the background noise of chattering. 

"I need you here, right now." You said so seriously, he knew you weren't exactly alright. He let out a small sigh but still, even if you couldn't see it, without hesitation he removed his apron and his hat, getting ready to leave the place.

"I'll be there in 10. Don't fall asleep or I'll leave," He said, already stepping out of the cafe, and heading outside the campus.

"Thank you, I love you so fucking much..." You said as you laid back into your bed once more.

"I love you too idiot, cya." He ends the call in a hurry and you were left to bask in silence alone, once again. Chanwoo was your source of comfort. He's always been there. An ally to whatever bullshit you wanna do, unless it would harm you both.

You never had romantic feelings for the guy but you knew for a fact that he was your one and only wingman and best friend. You could feel your heart clench as you overthought everything. You were about to have a full-blown mental breakdown over a guy. But it wasn't just about that. It was also because of other components, just adding up to the pressure that was slowly crushing you.

In a short time, you heard knocking on your door. It was a very specific pattern, you knew who it was already. You rushed to the door and immediately after opening it, you pulled Chanwoo into a warm hug.

You didn't know why you were so emotional right now. But you just wanted to cry and cry, until you couldn't anymore.

Chanwoo wrapped his arm around you, using his free one to remove his coat and hang it on the coat hanger behind the door. "Alright, let's sit down first." He said, keeping your hand in his as you sat on the couch.

You were sniffling as you looked down at your hands, feeling pathetic for crying. Chanwoo let out a sigh, leaning back and resting a hand on your back. "Do you wanna tell me about it?" He asked. You looked up and saw pure concern on his face.

And you told him exactly how you were feeling.

Timeskip

"You know what, it's okay to cry. But don't let this... Guy be the reason you pull yourself down! We don't even know what actually happened yet," He tried to brighten up the mood. "I don't think Jiwon would be the type of guy to cheat on you, especially not with someone like Chae Won!"

"I-I know... Actually, I'm not even sure anymore! I think we rushed it, I really like him, I... I do but I can't help overthinking about it all." You told him, wallowing in your sadness as you buried your face in your pillow.

"Shush, give it time... If it doesn't work out, end it. But just so you know, I really don't think that whatever date Jiwon went on with Chae Won was friendly... Not for both sides anyway." He blew on his hot chocolate, crossing his legs and muting the TV. "If he does anything to you, Imma fuck him up."

You giggled at his last comment. He was good at comforting you, and he knew it. It was exactly why he was so easy to be with.

"Yeah, yeah... Thanks for coming over. I know you were busy," You said, standing up to get a glass of water from the fridge.

"It's no biggie, I wasn't busy anyway." He said, standing up and washing his cup in the sink as he had already finished his drink. After that, he dried his hands off and playfully dropped his hand on your head. "You still have to tell me about Gyun Beo~"

"Oh shit, he's another factor too..." You sighed as you both made your way back to the couch.