chapter 30

word count - 4539

The destination you were taken to was indeed a secluded cave, located deep in the woods. you became itchy from the atmosphere of it, and the breeze smelt like something was decomposing.

Bara and Sub let go of your arms, pushing you down onto the rocky ground. they gave you dirty looks before walking off

the men didn't bother to force restraints. The bomb would still go off either way. all you could do now was silently think of a way to deactivate it.

dusting off, you sat upon a decently sized rock in the far corner of the cave.

you thought about killing genthru first, then deactivating the bomb. however, you weren't sure if it would still work. what if his ability required him to be alive? how would you distract or fight off Bara and Sub in the meantime?

or maybe you could kill Bara and Sub, then deactivate the bomb from genthru. but then the question came back; how can I fight the three of them off at once?

think, think, thinkkk. it felt like your head was going to explode before the bomb got to it. every outcome you reconstructed failed. Fighting Genthru, Sub and Bara was like fighting three Hisokas.

you then thought of distracting one, and fighting off two while the third was away. Or maybe instead of distracting them, you could knock them out?

your success wasn't guaranteed, but there was a possibility. But how could you get one of them alone? and which one?

"Don't even think about trying to kill one of us." genthru said. he stood a fair distance away with his hands in his pockets, eyeing you down.

"I'm not," you lied.

genthru chuckled. "We've been watching you for quite a while now. we're not stupid." he shuffled closer. "we know how you kill, when you want to kill, who and what you've killed.. and most importantly what cards your friend has."

you gave the silent treatment. just because you were stuck here did not mean you had to entertain him.

the grin on his face disappeared when he realized you weren't reacting, but then it reappeared "AMLEO!" he called out to someone

you heard the settled footsteps of someone approaching. it was dark beyond the moonlight shining into the cave, so you couldn't see their face. finally the person stopped beside gentrhu.

confusion immediately crossed you. it was that boy you saved. the boy that these assholes were picking on. expect this time, he didn't look scared. he was perfectly calm.

gentrhu swung his arm around the boy. "recognize him?" he asked patting his back.

you had no words at the moment. all you could do was stand up as if that would help the feeling of shock rushing through your chest.

"Ah!" genthru held his arms out responding to your facial expression. "I knew you'd remember him! You see y/n, Leo here never needed your help." he fixed his glasses. "That whole 'ah please don't hurt me I'm begging you!'  was fake. the blood? fake too."

"I helped you." you mumbled "I helped you, YOU BASTARD!" the boy gave a displeased look, then stared at the ground. he didn't have a verbal reaction. but his body language said plenty. he didn't want to be there.

he then looked back up with a blank stare as if he switched personalities. you glanced between him and genthru. these mother fuckers are insane.

While Amleo stood there, genthru went on in a monologue.

"we've been watching you from the beginning. at first, it was you that we wanted. But now? it's your little boyfriend." he walked closer to you but continued.