chapter 7

Word count - 1981

The sun was just about set, forcing a ray to shine through your window. the rest of the room was dark. you wanted to turn on a light switch behind you, but your eyes didn't want to leave the illumis figure. you were scared.

what is it with men appearing in my apartment? and this time through the fucking patio.

Illumi was a stone. He stood stiff with no emotion, no body language, no nothing.

His demeanour was demanding. If he wanted something, he'd get it. No wasn't an answer.

That being said, what exactly did he come here for? Illumi didn't seem like the type to engage with others just because he wanted to. He wanted something.

His eyes were dark, which made it difficult to see through him. if you turned your back, how would you be certain he wouldn't try to kill you?

he took two steps toward you studying your facial expressions, then in a split second, he was gone.

"It's been a while" illumi spoke from behind you. how- ?! he's too fast. I didn't even see him move.

you quickly turned around to face illumi, who was inches away from you. the sunlight reflected off his pale skin, giving you a clear image of his face. his eyes were huge, and non-human-like.

waiting for his next move, you swallowed air standing completely still. you wanted to move, wanted to attack, but that would be stupid of you.

Illumi was an assassin, so he was far from stupid. Not only did he know what he wanted, he knew exactly how to get it.

He knew how to stalk his prey, track them down, and kill them in any way possible. So, thinking you could get away from him, was a long shot.

he tilted his head "Don't tell me you're scared of me" he looked down at you, voice uncertain.

you were. but you'd never admit that to him. "What do you want," you finally uttered, trying to sound confident

illumi looked you dead in the eyes "Well that's easy, you." he blankly said.

your breathing stopped. what?   "...Well I don't want you, so can you leave? please?" you wanted him out of sight, now. his presence was alarming, and you didn't like it one bit.

"We weren't able to finish our conversation at the hunter exam..." he stated

A cool breeze flew in, and you noticed he left the patio door open. You built up the courage to walk away from him to close it. to your surprise, he didn't attack you.

then you remembered, at the exam he asked you to join some kind of mission. but you declined. So that's what he wants.

Knowing he'd be persistent, you stood your ground anyway. "No, I'm not joining your mission"

"I don't understand...you're perfect for the job. all you need to do is distract someone for two hours. you won't get hurt. do this mission with me y/n, and I'll give you half of the money." his black eyes dug into you, not blinking once.

it was like he thought the money would persuade you, and he was mistaken. "No."

he sighed. "It's hisoka isn't it?"

"What??"

He took a step closer to you "That's why you don't want to, isn't it? he's got you wrapped around his waist. You want to stay with him?" illumi pointed next door, gesturing to hisoka