chapter 25

Word count - 4977

   When you awoke, the smell of pure cinnamon consumed your nostrils. finding the source, lying on the nightstand was a mug. It was tea. cinnamon and honey tea. smells so good.

Picking up the mug, you took a sip closing your eyes. It's still hot. You looked around to see if illumi was still present, but he wasn't.

illumi wanted to stay, but couldn't bring himself to do so. not because he didn't want to, but because he wasn't sure if he could form the right words when you placed eyes on him again.

While you slept, illumi stayed awake the entire night watching you sleep soundly. He couldn't stop thinking of the events that recently took place. He was so touch-deprived, that all he could do was lay with you and enjoy it while he could. It wasn't like he needed sleep anyway. he could stay awake for several straight days.

When the sun rose, he made you some tea from the kitchen and took off without a word. It was his way of saying "thank you." he needed time to recollect himself as it wasn't like him at all to present acts of kindness. he only hoped you didn't take his disappearance out of disrespect

You finished the tea in minutes then took a long shower, washing your hair as well. The weather was nice, and you felt like today would be a good day considering you were going to see kurapika again for the first time in three months.

You wore casual clothes and styled your hair how you liked it. Afterwards, you ordered an Uber and made breakfast while you waited for it to arrive.

Sitting at the kitchen island, you took in the view of the backyard and wondered about installing a hot tub or a pool one day. There are still many ideas you want to apply to the house, but you need to focus on the more important tasks at hand first. like finding out what kurapika needed. Although you were excited to see him, you knew something was up.

A car horn beeped outside the house indicating your ride was here, forcing you to scarf down the rest of breakfast and toss the dishes into the sink. Throwing on shoes and doing a check to make sure you had your necessities, you ran out of the house and to the uber

The Uber took you to a small motel centred in york new. Knocking on the door, you were quickly greeted by kurapika. You immediately embraced him in a hug

He hesitated but hugged you back anyway. behind him sitting on a couch, you spotted leorio slouched over. "Come in" kurapika gestured

It was no secret that there was tension in the room. Leorio looked a little shaken up as he half waved at you "Hey kid"

"I'm older than you dickhead." you corrected. He didn't even bother to bark back at you.  which was odd.

Kurapika chuckled and sat down next to leorio. You took a seat on the adjacent couch.

"Ok, this is awkward. What's going on?" you finally questioned

The two boys exchanged looks. You stretched your neck out forcing an answer from them. "A lot has happened over the past two days. We figured it was only fair to keep you in the loop in case something else happens" kurapika began

Leorio sat up, fixing his glasses. You awkwardly shifted on the couch waiting for kurapika to continue

This whole situation made you feel 12 years old again when your parents sat you down to tell you they were getting divorced.

"Just tell me already" your words took away some tension "You can trust me I promise."

kurapika and leorio exchanged worried looks again.