chapter 4

Word count - 2162

fuck

I should've known this mother fucker was gonna be here. what's this obsession he has with me??  You were frozen as hisoka stood before you, watching you in your thoughts.

"What's wrong? Not excited to see me ~" he teased

"You didn't tell me I'd be stuck here with you" you mumbled. it was partly your fault. you should've expected he would be here. After the exam, you thought you'd never see him again.

But then again, it was hisoka. why else would he suggest this place to you? to genuinely be helpful? no. Because he's bored.

"Well dear, if I did you wouldn't have shown, hm?" he smirked. true.

"Why do you wanna see me so bad? why can't you just fuck off" Even though you presented zero interest, hisoka seemed to be entertained by this.

"Hmm, but then this wouldn't be as interesting without a character such as yourself ~," he said

You cringed at his words thinking of all the ways you could attempt to beat him down right now. "Let's get one thing straight, I'm not here for you. I'm here to train and improve my nen. Just please," you asked politely "Don't get in my way."

"Or what? Hm?" he closes the space you had between each other, making you feel uncomfortable "You're mine. I can do whatever I want with you" he placed his hand on your chin to make eye contact, yet you still managed to look away.

the silence grew in the air for a minute. he observed every inch of you. His stare..his aura... it was like he wanted to kill you with a desire for something more. you didn't know what.

Hisoka suddenly pushed you against the wall between his door and yours. "what're y-"

"Did anyone ever tell you, how intense your aura is?" Hisoka had his hands placed on each side of your shoulders, trapping you. you were baffled but his actions. you began to break a sweat as you barely had room to breathe.

yes, hisoka was annoying. But something in you hesitated to push him away. He towered over you holding your eyes with his. To pull a move like this, you wondered if anyone had ever told him "no" before.

you hated yourself for allowing it. So why didn't you move sooner?

You tried your best not to show any reaction. "No..? Can you back up?" you said putting a hand on his chest and pushing.

he slowly backed away, leaving you confused. what the fuck was that for? he's got to be joking. "yOuRE mInE".

"I'll be next door if you need me, love, ~" he walked into his room closing the door behind him

not saying a word, you quickly went back into your room, slamming the door shut. "shit." you sighed in relief.

you dreaded the next time you had to see him and face-palmed remembering he was your neighbour. hisoka morrow was your neighbour for the next few months. great.

After unpacking your bags, showering, and making yourself a meal, you decide to go out for a bit to celebrate your achievements.

you couldn't believe you made it this far. Once upon a time, you were a 16-year-old trapped in your parents' house. Now, you could do whatever you wanted. You could build a new life.

honestly, you didn't even think you'd pass the hunter exam. But maybe that was anxiety talking.

You sighed now feeling worthy enough to get yourself a real job in the hunter's field. It would be a bonus if you met new people and made some more friends.