chapter 32

TW - GRAPHIC CONTENT

word count - 6916

hisoka wasn't mentally present after what happened. he wasn't cross with you, only scared. Not of you, but because of you.

For the first time, he was experiencing lust. perhaps love? he didn't know how to handle it, so he avoided it

that night, hisoka didn't return to the hotel and you didn't sleep a wink. the thought of where he might be kept you up.

However, he came back the next morning only to say that the two of you should leave, and allow someone else to finish the game.

"so you no longer want to stay?" you pushed. "all because we had sex?"

he was silent

at the moment, you couldn't think of any other reason why he was suddenly avoiding you. anger got the best of you. "you're fucking pathetic. This" you pointed between the two of you "is pathetic."

aggressively gathering your things, you stormed past him. you didn't know where you were going, but you needed to get away from him.

He didn't stop you. He didn't say anything. Hisoka just stood there with a blank look on his face.

When you left, he rubbed his face with a sigh, plopping down on the bed.

After you arrived home, days passed, and you hadn't spoken to anyone.

you only wanted to give yourself some peace, until it was interrupted.

a ring at the door led you downstairs to respond. not expecting anyone at the time, your guard was up.

the sun glared through the windows onto the stairs, announcing a new day. you rubbed your eyes, yawning on your way to the door.

opening it, chrollo was on the other side

seeing him made your body sink, and your heart left for a moment. his face returned vivid memories, uvo's voice, and every other detail about that night

he looked at you with desperate eyes, mouth partly open.

all you could do was stand there, waiting for him to speak. the normal thing to do at this moment would be to say hi, but you couldn't even muster that

chrollo looked as if he hadn't slept in weeks. his lips were visibly dry, and his hair messy.

after a few more seconds of staring at one another, you went to close the door in his face, but he stopped it

"wait." was the first thing he said, "may I come in?"

"what do you want, chrollo?" you said rejecting his offer

"Y/n, please?"

you swallowed guilt, then slightly moved aside, allowing him in.

"thank you," he said

he looked at war with himself while he stuttered to start a new sentence "Let me just start by saying I'm sorry"

You stood with your arms crossed listening. He continued. "I'm sorry for your friend-

"kurapika." you corrected

He nodded. "right, kurapika. I'm sorry I didn't stop it sooner. there is no excuse. I was fully capable of brewing a different outcome, and I didn't. I regret every movement of it. because it hurt you."

you stood there and listened to him. he was being honest. it wasn't a bullshit apology. it was a little shocking to see him take full accountability. at the same time, you knew it wasn't entirely his fault. Kurapika was also half responsible for the results. he knew the two possible outcomes, but he played through anyway.