chapter 29

disclaimer for people who have read chap 1 before Nov 3rd, 2023;

Hey readers! So, I edited chap 1 just a tiny bit. If you feel interested enough to check it out, go ahead! It only gives you a little more background about where y/n comes from. Anyway, that's it, enjoy! <3

word count - 4277

you woke up to the sound of pouring rain hitting the window. getting up to peek through your curtain, you noticed it was still dark outside. but it was too dark.  the power was out. it was like a ghost town. pitch black inside buildings and out.

what time is it? you scanned the room for the digital
clock, then realized it probably wasn't working if there was no power.

suddenly, a loud crash followed by a bang next door alarmed you, forcing you to break your neck in the direction of the noise. usually, you'd ignore something like that, especially at night. but, it came from hisokas room. you couldn't help but be slightly worried.

so, you threw on some slippers and headed over to his room.

you crept around the corner, and noticed that hisokas door was open slightly. "hisoka?" you whispered trying not to disturb the neighbours.

the atmosphere was odd. still being unaware of what time it was, it didn't matter. nighttime or daytime, it was still unsafe for hisoka to be sleeping with his door open. and also very unlikely.

you creaked the door open "hisoka!" you whispered again. you didn't sense him at all.

when you entered the room, he wasn't there. it was empty. his bed was ruffed up indicating someone was once here, but there was no hisoka. not even his belongings were present. what the hell...

you heard another noise, but this time it was further away. it sounded like it came from the end of the corridor.

exiting the empty room, you cautiously walked down the hallway.

You started to feel eerie looking a the decor. as if this place wasn't already creepy enough. there were picture frames of smiling clowns along the walls, red and white paint designs, and a few balloons instead of plants for display.

It was quiet. the only sound you could hear was the rain hitting the building. you began to feel creeped out. unless hisoka was trying to pull some sick prank to scare you, something felt wrong.

you looked behind you for a split second feeling uneasy, and when you tuned back around, you saw a figure quickly turn around the corner scurrying away. "Hey!" you shouted out hoping to grab their attention

you weren't sure what you wanted from this person. but you felt alone. maybe they knew something? maybe it was an employee and you could ask if they've seen hisoka. he wouldn't just disappear. he had to be here somewhere.

turning the same corner, there was no one there. only a bright red light, which was an emergency backup light for the power outage.

thunder and lightning outside made its appearance known by rumbling throughout the building.

you didn't feel comfortable walking any farther alone. this felt like a set-up.

So, you started to retreat and turn around, but you bumped into someone. "oh, sorry! Excuse...me.." you paused

The person you hit was chrollo. there was blood all over him, head to toe. you only recognized him because of his eyes. his pale skin was now red, and he wore a black tux with rips in it.