chapter 1

⚠️TW - talk of abusive/bullying.

word count - 2688

This is it. it was time to leave. you had no choice, or else you'd be stuck here forever. stuck here surrounded by people who don't love you. suffocated with their lies and malicious words.

as you stood between your luggage on the floor and your bedroom window,  tears fell down your cheek. but not because you were sad, but because you were scared.

you were only 16 years old. and yet, you were being forced to leave everything you've known behind. even though this place was awful, it's where you grew up.

this is the home you experienced your first Christmas, first Halloween, first birthday, first...everything. you wondered where things went wrong. when did you become the fuck up child? what did you do wrong? why did they hate you so much?

"y/n!" your father's voice shouted from downstairs. then you remembered; that's where it went wrong. none of this was your fault. It was his. His and your mothers.

he fed your mother lies with hate. drunken hate. and for some reason, your mom believed everything he told her. he spread rumours about you to your friends. telling them that you were insane, that you abused your mother. but you did no such thing.

He made it seem like you were the abusive one.

people you didn't even know started to send you death threats, and sometimes, you'd get jumped on your way home from school.

you heard your father's footsteps stomp up the stairs to your bedroom. By the sounds of it, he was drunk again. and you knew what happened every time he got drunk.

throwing a backpack on, you threw a suitcase out the window first. Your bedroom was two stories high, but you didn't care if you broke an ankle. it was better than staying here at this point.

Shortly after, you jumped out of the window.  hitting the grass stomach first, you heard something pop. You held in a large cry, staring up at the night sky.

realizing it was your knee, you quickly rode out the pain. Getting away was the only thing on your mind. you had to run. and so, you did.

you dragged your suitcase closely behind and caught the nearest bus. your destination? York New City.

before leaving, you already prepaid some rent for a place to stay. the place wasn't exactly nice, but it was the only one you could afford.

when you arrived at the small, run-down apartment building, you received many glares. but, only because of your age. none of these people here knew who you were. and that's all you wanted. a new start. a new life.

The more glares you received, the more you felt relieved. None of these people attacked you, called you slurs, bullied you or chased you to the police station. You were free.

obtaining the key to your new home, you limped into a shithole. the wallpaper was peeling, the floors were visibly dusty, furniture was old and half-broken. it looked like someone hadn't lived here in decades.

not to mention it was a studio apartment, so everything was in one room. but again, that was all you needed.

sucking it up, you cleaned the entire room. from top to bottom, corner to corner. you practically stayed up all night just cleaning. the last thing you did was make your bed with the sheets you stole from your old house.