chapter 22

Word count - 3913

When your thoughts calmed down, it was nearly 6 am, and you just decided to stay awake. there was no point in getting any sleep now.

you got out of bed and made yourself a protein shake in hopes to bring your energy back. the morning was quiet as you sat in your thoughts staring out a nearby window

kurapika and leorio still haven't called you back, and you haven't heard from gon or killua since they left.

the group chat the troupe added you to blew up now and then. but it was just simple texts like asking when's the next time they'd meet, and sometimes the boys just started shit, so you put the chat on DND.

you thought about going to visit them, but you knew chrollo would be there as well. and you didn't want to face him right now. not anyone.

the time came for you to focus on yourself, so that's exactly what you did.

you spent the next five, consecutive days proofing all of the training you've ever done. you felt confident, maybe even a bit overconfident.

finally, the day of your fight arrived. after dressing in appropriate clothes, you made your way to the rink.

arriving backstage, you heard a rowdy crowd on the other side. directors told you how and when to enter, but you instantly forgot. you could only focus on trying to keep your anxiety under control. Not only did you not know who or what you'd be up against, but you had to fight them before such a large amount of people.

you did your last warm-ups, and your name was announced for you to make an appearance. you tried your best to remember what the director said and walked out onto the runway

the crowd screamed. you didn't realize how popular you were. it didn't strike you to pay attention to the media that was presented here. but then again, you made it to the 200th floor in such little time. plus, you were probably one of the only female fighters who did.

but seriously, these people acted like you were a celebrity. maybe you were to them.

As you walked down the runway to the rink, you gave a few awkward smiles at people in the crowd as you scanned it for Phinks and Fei, who said they might show up. or anyone you knew at this point to provide a bit of comfort. however, you didn't.

now standing in the middle of the rink beside the referee, you listened as the commentator announced your competition. "And on the other side we have, Hisoka Morrow!"

you froze. no fucking way.

following everyone's eye view, you watched as hisoka gracefully walked onto the runway, which was on the other side of the rink. As he walked on it, he stretched his arms along the way. you now regretted not finding out who you'd be fighting. This means he must've known. He knew the whole time and didn't say anything?

is that why he brought you to heavens arena in the first place? all so he could fight you? bring you down? That sounds like something he'd do. that sneaky bastard

you were ready to fight anyone but him. Why him? I mean sure you were strong, but not "fight against hisoka morrow" strong. maybe if you gave it a little more than your all, you could beat him. but you've seen how he fights. you've seen how he plays. why would he go easy on you? In fact, he'd probably go 10 times harder than usual.

you became angry thinking of past events with him. The ways he's done you wrong. The way he acted like you were his and messed with you and chrollos relationship. you didn't even wanna see him right now. you were too angry. but at the same time, your anger only helped you gain your confidence back. now all you wanted to do was beat his ass.