Chapter 7 - Approach Me

----

It's been a month since I published Sinful yayyy! Thank you also for 3K reads already- WHAT!?

Sorry for not posting, but work had my ass running! So, in order to make it up to you, a freshly baked long chapter is waiting for you to read!

⚠️ This chapter contains scenes that might bring you discomfort. If you want to skip that part that starts with (!!!) this, you may read the rest where it starts with this (*)! ⚠️

----

The evening sky succumbs to nightfall at the base, having the members of the team dissolve for the day.

You, were alone in the operating room, adjusting to your new workplace. While tidying up, you can't help but think about how everything happened in the blink of an eye. A month ago, the most extreme thing that happened to your incredibly boring life-aside from being followed by a creep a few weeks back-was calling the police after getting robbed at the train station...under your notice. Who would have thought that today, you would now find yourself in a secret bunker beneath the B.S.A.A. building, engaged in a job you hate with your heart alongside a team that includes the man that piques your interest lately, in order to stop some crazy bastard from unleashing a dangerous parasite to the world?

It all felt incredibly surreal how things in your life took such a sudden turn in such a small amount of time, letting fear linger within you, not knowing what to expect from the future; mostly because the people you are after are extremely dangerous and you are not even able to protect yourself. Still, you decide to stay, even though you were determined to say no in the first place; but let's be real..you took that last-minute decision mostly because of Leon. You just- have that feeling since he was a part of the team, nothing bad would happen to you. Or at least, you wanted to hope that.

Taking a deep breath, you wipe away your thoughts and start walking towards the desk which is placed on the right side of the operating bed. You pull out your phone from your purse to give your father a quick call about the situation, but soon someone decided to check up on you.

"Knock, knock.." You turn around to see Claire leaning against the door frame. A small chuckle escapes your mouth as you drop your phone back into the purse.

"Claire." You greet her with a smile, as you watch her enter further.

"Just came in to tell you that work for us is over for today," She takes a small pause and places her palms against her waist. "Chris will stay a little longer with Piers though, so he won't be able to drive you back home. But I can take you instead. Is that good with you?" She asks.

"Uh, yeah, If it's good with you of course. Let me get my stuff and we are leaving." You reply to her, directing yourself towards the locker you have the rest of your belongings. While Claire decides to wait, she sits, settling with one leg resting on the edge of a table, and crosses her arms, glaring around the place.

"So, what do you think so far? Are you happy that we are now officially associates?" She teases you with a cheeky smile.

"Oh, you have no idea. Even though I expected our next reunion to happen under different circumstances." You joke, slipping on your black leather coat.

"Yeah, you're right." Claire laughs. "But at least...we reunited. Isn't that what matters?" She asks softly with words that pierced your heart, filling it with awe. She's right. The most important thing is that you have the opportunity to see her again after all these years, alive and well. You lift your head to meet your childhood friend's gaze, and a smile of appreciation spreads across your face.