Chapter 21 - Trust Issues

----

⚠️This chapter contains a graphic description of sexual themes. If you want to skip that part that starts with (!!!) this, you may read the rest where it starts with this (*)!⚠️

----

"That's a dangerous idea," he warns, lowering himself onto her couch. With an air of indifference, Ada follows, moving gracefully towards him. Both hands occupied with two glasses of vodka, handing one to him. "You are already in Wesker's crosshairs. He is suspicious of you, and If he finds out that Leon and (y/n) are actually alive, things will take a turn for the worse. For both of us."

Ada settles down beside him, looking at him. "I know," she murmurs, taking a subtle breath before delicately sipping her drink. "But you don't need to worry about yourself. He's in the dark about you."

"That doesn't matter. We started this together, and I'm not leaving you to deal with that asshole alone," he declares, offering a reassuring touch on her thigh. Ada arches an eyebrow, noticing the intimate gesture before he senses her reaction and withdraws. "Sorry."

"Accepted," Ada replies, taking another measured sip, her fingers playfully tracing the base of her glass. "As for Leon and (y/n)...I'm not sure if he's still interested in them anymore. He thinks they're dead, and Umbrella has already proceeded with the duplications."

His face drops at Ada's bold statement. Leaning forward, he tries to lock eyes with her. "You actually gave him the sample?"

"My life was on the line. Had no other choice," Ada pauses, meeting his gaze. "Now, are you going to help me? Or I'm doing this alone?"

"I helped you back in Cuba, and I will do it now," he assures Ada, and she smirks very lightly. "But there's something I don't get. Wesker was after the samples for obvious reasons, but why was he interested in Kennedy? And the nurse especially?" he inquires.

"They're a side quest," Ada hints. "The less you know, the better. Just trust me and do as I ask." She advises, maintaining her mysterious tone.

"And what about 'Ares'?"

"If the team doesn't suspect him, then we have nothing to worry about."

"This is not what I'm talking about. Why is he working for Umbrella too? How can we even trust him?"

"He's an old ally, don't worry about it," Ada assures him. "Are we done with the interrogation now?"

"I just need to know who I'm working for, Ada."

"You're working for me. That's all you need to know." He nods, reclining against the couch once again. "So, you saw Leon at her house."

His brows furrow at the abrupt shift in the conversation, taking a sip of his own vodka before responding. "Yeah. He seemed pretty wasted too."

"And when did he leave?"

"He uh, he didn't leave." Ada slowly looks back at his direction. "He stayed the night at her place, at least for as long as I was around." She scoffs, averting her gaze, facing straight ahead.

"Looks like Leon S. Kennedy has finally moved on." She says with a touch of mockery in her tone.

"What do you mean?" Her smirk fades at his question, recalling their last interaction.