Chapter 1 - Unexpected Guest

----

A pool of blood begins to cover the rusty metal ground as heavy breathing reverberates inside the now-ruined room. The fire is spreading, the temperature is rising, and the fog begins to make him dizzy. Giving in, he collapses amongst dead bodies, his eyelids grow heavier, his vision blurry, placing his bloody hand against one of the many wounds he is left with. He can smell the scent of death, counting down his last moments alive.

In all of a sudden, numerous steps begin to approach, voices from radios echo and metallic boots thudding, catching his hearing from the distance, yet he's unable to react. All too soon, and a low laugh resonates as a specific man approaches the almost lifeless figure. Standing now atop him, the man lifts his hand.

"Lower your weapons," he orders from his soldiers, a weary cough coming from the person's weak throat. The man then kneels down, and observes the situation before him for a few quiet seconds. Another chuckle of mockery escapes him. "A pleasant surprise. Completely at my mercy," his smile fades, turning into a look of hatred.

The person doesn't respond. His wheezing and heavy breathing is all he can do. The man then stands back on his feet, returning towards his soldiers.

"Call in for air support. Check if he's infected."

----

That was it...

Leon and Ashley were on the jet ski, right in the middle of the sea after escaping the island, where Ashley was captive in by the evil cult

Leon and Ashley were on the jet ski, right in the middle of the sea after escaping the island, where Ashley was captive in by the evil cult. They both watch the sunset slowly rise as they try to catch their breath. After the constant danger and the fear of death, they finally realize that she is free, and can finally return to her home safely.

Leon looks at his filthy reflection in the water, allowing the soothing sounds of the gentle waves to calm his senses. Meanwhile, Ashley, positioned behind him on the jet ski, looks at the sky, seconds before she observes him intently and offers a smile.

"Mission accomplished, right?" Ashley asks quietly. Leon stays quiet for seconds before shaking his head in response.

"Mission accomplished...when you're home safe." He finally replies, turning his head towards Ashley. Her smile widens the moment she met his gaze.

"Thank you for saving me." She murmurs appreciatively while Leon mirrors a tired grin.  He then turns his attention back to his current task, by starting the engine.

"Don't mention it."

"You know, I could put in a word with my dad," Leon frowns at her sudden suggestion. "Have you assigned to my detail, if you're interested?"