Chapter 4 - Meet Again

-

---

"You have grown so much, Chris. I almost did not recognize you." Vector says with a welcoming smile, shaking Chris's hand. "How is Claire? We lost contact so suddenly."

"She's good. And changed as well. Like me, apparently." Chris jokes. "But yeah...work occurred and we had to move. What about you? Your daughters?"

"They are both beautiful ladies now," Vector answers.

"It's been eleven years..how have you been holding up?" Vera steps into the conversation amazed to see him after so long, pressing her palm gently against Chris's strong shoulder.

"We heard you serve as a Captain at the B.S.A.A now." Chris nods.

"We are good, Vera. So far..we are good," He smiles back at her, before turning his glare at Vector. "And- yeah. I work at the B.S.A.A. Which means constant duty, and heavy responsibilities. But I'm not complaining...I like action." He grins slightly.

"I am glad to hear that. Please, take a seat." Vector requests, pointing at the chair across him with his hand. Chris takes off his black leather jacket, laying it on the back of it before he sits down.

"I should get going as well." Vera places her purse on her shoulder. "Chris, it was so nice to see you being well.-"

"Me too Vera, but actually," Chris glances at the couple

"Me too Vera, but actually," Chris glances at the couple. "I would like to talk to both of you about something. Unless you are busy." Vera looks in surprise.

"Oh, I am not. I was going home anyway." Vector frowns in confusion. He rests his brought-together hands against his desk, as his fingers hug. Vera takes a seat, next to Chris.

"Alright then. We are both here and listening. Tell us. What is the reason behind your visit?"

"Okay...I am here because-.. I require your services."

"For what?" Chris stays quiet for only a few seconds.

"We have a specific mission, that only a few people of trust can work," He explains. "I am given the order to create an undercover team...and we will be in need of a doctor or two. Someone that can take care of me and my men, just in case." He lowers his voice. "And I believe you or Vera...or even both of you would be the greatest for this. For the obvious reasons of course."

Vector smiles lightly, but he does not seem to agree with Chris. Vera, on the other hand, seems not to want to participate at all.

"Listen, Chris.." She starts, while Vector sits thoughtfully. "We think that's very beautiful of you to trust us so much to offer us a job like that, but..." She pauses, looking at her husband.