chaos has started

Percy POV 

Annabeth was about a month pregnant she was still getting morning sickness but not as bad. We had told everyone that we were expecting and to say they were overjoyed was an understatement my family and our friends were but some of the camp seemed to not be thrilled that the prophecy is coming true. Chiron's reaction we never figured out, Annabeth's family doesn't know and our godly parents are still not in contact which made this even more real.

 The camp seems to be split into two categories one that's happy and treating it like a normal pregnancy and not like the world depends on Annabeth and mine's unborn offspring and everyone else who gives us the looks and is unhappy about another war (but aren't we all, me especially). Annabeth and I were currently at the bottom of Camp-half Blood Lake just laying in each other's arms as I rub her stomach with my hand just getting a break from everyone and everything. It's overwhelming when you know you're destined to bring life into the world only for it to cause a war.  I know I've been to hard myself Annabeth tells me every day not to, but finding out my first and possibly only child is following my footsteps the same footsteps that broke me in ways that only Annabeth knows. I didn't want my own family to live in this world neither of us did but we didn't get that lucky.

It was peaceful in the water, it always was to me even before knowing I was Poseidon's son I'd love going in a pool or the sea. I kissed the side of Annabeth's head she mummed in satfiction not ever wanting to go back up and face the fact that were on the bridge of war. "We should head back up Wisegirl" I said as fiddled with a strand of her hair "Five more minutes she said snuggling into my chest before closing her eyes and I copied her.

So gods knows how long five minutes turned into but it was differently awhile when we came up everyone was running around some asking  where we are, others putting on armor and grabbing weapons. We stood there confused when a son of Apollo ran by and I stopped him "Hey what's going on?" he looked reviled for a moment but it quickly faded "Everyone been looking for you two camp under attack" then he ran of to the top of the hill I quickly turned to Annabeth "Go to the Poseidon cabin and lock the door and don't open it till I come get you okay?" putting my hands on her shoulders she immediately stepped back "What no-"She  started "Annabeth please I can't know your safe when your in the open and you know you can't fight I'll send Piper or someone okay then lock the door please" I said She looked into my eyes for a second "Fine but please be careful" I kissed her "I promise" I said  pulling away and taking off to the top of the hill I looked back once seeing her actually doing what she was told. When I made up to the hill I found the rest of the seven "Hey Pipes can you please head to the Poseidon Cabin and be with Annabeth she's not taking this very well" I asked "Of course" she took down the hill and went towards the cabin I looked at Jason you nodded at me indicating he was grateful that I got Piper out of this fight.

"You sure you won't to do this Percy you have a pregnant wife waiting for you?" Frank asked I looked towards a bunch of hellhounds and Echidna that crowed the bored "I'm their leader I have to" I uncapped Riptide "everyone on my mark" I yelled everyone stood at the ready I could feel my  DHD rising just ready to strike "HOLD! HOLD!" The first hellound enterd and my body knew what to do I lunged at it striking it down before it even had a chance everyone else followed as more and more flowed through. I did the same motion over and over that I've done for years but something felt weird to me the fact that Annabeth wasn't behind my back wasn't micking my moves, everyone always said we moved with grace when we fought, we knew each other like the back our hands and now she was no longer there after so many years but she was doing something even more important carrying our child and I knew she was safe and didn't have to worry about her. 

We were winning, We got the upper hand. I was to distracted thinking Annabeth  I wasn't watching my own back I failed to notice the Echidna that came up on me striking me in my old Achilles heel her poison seeping through me. I screamed in agonizing pain falling to the floor someone managed to get the Echidna killed before she took the finally blow I seen Jason hover over me then Frank and then Nico who seemed to be yelling imagined for Will or a stretcher I knew I was losing consciousness, I had zero clue if the fight was over if everyone was still fighting and just my friends stopped. I was getting delirious and couldn't keep my eyes open I didn't know I was on a stretcher till I was off the ground Jason and Frank where at my head looking down at me I could see their mouths moving but no idea what they were saying. I had been wounded a bunch of times before it was nothing new but now I wanted to live not that I didn't want to before but it's different then the other wars, I was a married man with a child on the way I wanted to wake up tomorrow with my wife at my side. Oh my gods Annabeth she was the only reason I ever fought through the pain and now her being my wife and the mother to my child. I couldn't leave this world without holding my child or not kissing Annabeth one more time but it was getting hard I could feeling the venom moving through my body faster and faster and for the first time since I was twelve I was scared.