Chapter 30: Punishment and Prevention

After the incident with the poisoned food, the Duke was furious. He could not believe that someone would go to such lengths to harm his wife and unborn child. He immediately took action to ensure that this would never happen again.The Duke ordered for the two perpetrators, his ex-girlfriend and Charlotte's servant, Emily, to be punished severely. He called for his guards and commanded them to beat each of them 200 times with a stick. The punishment was harsh, but the Duke felt that it was necessary to send a message to anyone who would dare to harm his family.Despite the physical abuse, the two women remained unrepentant. They continued to claim that they acted out of love for the Duke and that Charlotte was not good enough for him. The Duke knew that he could not trust them to keep his family safe.He then came up with a drastic solution. He found two of the ugliest, smelliest servants in his household and married them to his ex-girlfriend and Emily. He knew that these new spouses would not tolerate any more harm being done to his family and would keep a close eye on them.In the following days, Charlotte's health slowly improved, and she felt grateful to have such a caring and protective husband. The Duke made sure that she was well taken care of, and he continued to demonstrate his love and commitment to her.As they sat together one evening, the Duke put his hand on Charlotte's belly and whispered, "I promise to protect you and our child, always." Charlotte smiled and leaned into him, feeling safe and loved."Thank you, my love," she replied. "I know you will always keep us safe."

Despite the turmoil and chaos that had occurred, Charlotte and the duke's love for each other only grew stronger. They had been through so much together and had come out on the other side, stronger than ever. As they looked forward to the birth of their child, they knew that they could face any challenge together.

Blackwoodshire LoveOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara