Love Birds

After the mini fiasco with Crowama accidentally entering Demon World, Kurama took her home. He finally got to see how she lived.

And goodness, he was appalled.

Somehow, Crowama and her crows had transformed the bottom loft into a futuristic living space. It almost looked like a space ship. If it weren't for the feudalistic Japanese decorations, Kurama could've been fooled. "How did you—?" Kurama glanced down at Crowama who he still carried in his arms. She didn't ask to be put down so he didn't.

"Technology here on earth is severely lacking. I had to do what I can. Living in your apartment was agony without all my things." Crowama responds casually.

"Agony?" Kurama echoes. "You make it sound like you had a bad time. Did you?"

"Hmm..." Crowama was just about to answer when an old an appeared out of nowhere. He had a long scraggly beard and beady eyes.

"Princess!" the old man greeted, holding his arms out.

Kurama did his best to not look confused. "I'm sorry, who is this?"

"Oh, right." Crowama hopped out of his grasp, gently landing on her feet. She unclasped the necklace she wore that held the vial. When she did so, she changed back into alien form. Wings and all. The old man changed too. In his place stood a murder of crows, Crowama's servants.

Kurama wasn't informed that her necklace was also tied to the crow goblins. It was actually very smart. If she was in her human disguise, no matter where they were, they would be too. She wouldn't be caught if she was careful.

The elder crow stood out from the rest of the crowd. "Now that you're both here together, we can start the wedding plans!"

Crowama let out an awkward chuckle. "About that..." She turns her body towards Kurama while keeping her eyes on her crows. "We aren't getting married anytime soon. Give it another year or two, it's what he wants."

The crows began squawking.

"What?!"

"The tradition!"

The elder crow lifted his eyes towards his princess. "But what do you want?"

Crowama actually looked nervous for once. Something Kurama has never seen before. Her face didn't look right, scrunching up like that. She fiddled with her fingers as she contemplated her reply. "I uh, I don't know." It was a lie. It was a blatant lie and they all knew it. 

The crows and Kurama stared at her.

"Kurama," Kurama said. This time without feeling ashamed that they shared the same name. "Tell the truth. What do you really want? How do you really feel?"

"I wish to get married as soon as possible."

Kurama dipped his head in acknowledgment. "I see."

"B-but I'll wait!" Crowama nodded her head repeatedly. "Just like you said. Now... if you excuse me, I'm going to wash up." Without another word, she departs from the group. Immediately all the crows look at Kurama, as if he was in the wrong for making her wait.

"You have to fix this."

"I will," Kurama promised.

"You have to do the right thing and marry her right away!"

Kurama narrowed his eyes. his expression unchanging. The crows flinch and cower away, hiding behind their wings. Yes, thought Kurama, perhaps I should do the right thing. "Tell Princess Kurama that I went home and that I'll see her at school."

★★★

All week long Kurama was planning a surprise for Crowama. Since she was left in the dark, she didn't like this one bit. As they walked home from school, Kurama walked a little bit faster so that he was in front of her the whole time.

Catching up, Crowama craned her neck to look at him as they walked. "Why are you being so distant?" she asked in an accusing voice. "Are you mad at me for what I said? Because I told you already—"

Kurama held up a hand to silence her. "No, it's not that."

This caused Crowama's temper to spiral. She raised her voice, balling her hands into tight fists. "So WHAT is it? WHAT did I do to deserve this treatment?" Her face turned as red as the potion in her necklace-vial. "Hey! Stop walking!"

Kurama did as he was told, pocketing his hands. "But we're not even there yet."

"We'll go home once I'm through with you." Crowama huffed.

Kurama shrugged nonchalantly. "You've been too busy scowling and yelling at me to even notice that we haven't been walking home this whole time."

Crowama blinked. She calmed down a bit and looked at her surroundings. Indeed, they have not been on the path towards home at all. How did she not notice the turns they took? Crowama felt like a fool. Sheepishly she looks towards the ground. "I..."

"Come on now," Kurama walked a few steps to be by her side. "Would you like me to carry you again?"

"No."

"Suit yourself." Kurama reached out and grabbed her hand and kept leading her to the destination only he knew. They diverted off the side of the road to a secluded park. It seemed like the park wasn't very populated or very renovated for that matter.

"Why Suichi Dear," Crowama starts. "If I didn't know any better, you've brought me out here to kill me."

Kurama couldn't help but chuckle. "No, it's not that. You'll see."

He led her towards the middle where a defunct fountain stood. The statue of the fountain had broken off and was who knows where. The water was long since drained. However, peering into the fountain was a small little box.

Kurama fetches the box out of the fountain.

"I know it isn't much," Kurama kneeled down on one knee. "But at least until we have our actual wedding..." The fox demon clears his throat. It had seemed he thought long and hard about this. "I wasn't given the opportunity to say so, so I will say it now. Princess Kurama..."

He flicked the little box open revealing a ring, its stone cut to look like a rose. Crowama gasped, absolutely stunned. She covered her mouth with her hands.

"Will you marry me?"

"I..." Crowama's lip quivered, causing Kurama great distress.

"Say yes?"

"Yes, yes! I do!" Crowama jumped around with her hands in the air. "I mean, I will! Yes I will!" She  tackled Kurama into a hug, forcing him onto the ground. Luckily, the ring was still in his hands but he fumbled to put it on Crowama's finger. She was just moving around too much in excitement.

She was kissing all over his face, leaving stains of lip gloss.

"Let's start planning the bachelor parties!"

"What?"