Disguises

It was the beginning of a brand new month and Crowama couldn't stay any longer. Kurama or rather, Suichi's earthly mother and her husband were returning from their trip. Even under his human guise, it'd be too much to explain the random appearance of an alien. One he's going to marry.

And in their eyes, he would be much too young to marry. Not until he finishes school. Fortunately for him, he didn't have much schooling left.

"Why must I go?" Crowama asked glumly, packing her things or lack thereof. "What if I looked more human, like you?"

"Even then," Kurama responded. "It wouldn't be appropriate for a girl your age to stay at my place."

Crowama scowled. "Just how old are you anyway to be talking like that?"

"My memories are as old as this body." Which would be 17.

"I don't get it."

"It is not for you to worry about."  Kurama placed both his hands on her shoulders. "You'll have to find somewhere else to stay. Perhaps go back to your home planet for the time being?"

Crowama sighed and glanced downwards. "I want to be close to you... And if I go back, I don't have a way to  communicate with you. Well—" she rethought her statement. "I would but you wouldn't. Since you're so bent on keeping your human identity."

"I apologize."

It appeared that Kurama's apology fell on deaf ears as Crowama hadn't responded. Her mind was elsewhere. "I better be going now."

"Do stop by sometime," Kurama instructed her. Since from now indefinitely, he didn't know when he was going to see her again. This goodbye wasn't permanent but it felt like it was. So, Kurama did what any gentleman would do.

He puckered his lips and brought his face towards hers.

But Crowama had other plans. Her mind was elsewhere and she was going to follow it. Kurama's lips didn't connect with hers and had just barely brushed against her cheek much to his surprise.

"Oh."

It hurt him a bit.

They hadn't kissed since he woke her up from her sleep upon first meeting.

"Goodbye beloved!" Crowama shouted behind her as she went on her merry way, leaving Kurama wordlessly heartbroken.

"Goodbye—"

★★★

Crowama had went all the way to Tombiki Town on a mission. She had to find Sakura, a patron of the mystics. She knew she'd find the woman at Tombiki High as she doubled as the school nurse. She even brought her servants along.

It wasn't hard to break into the school, Crowama didn't even bother to sneak in. She just entered through the front door. Considering all the strange things that occurred at Tombiki High, it was no wonder.

Though, this time Crowama wasn't here to cause trouble. This doesn't mean that trouble wouldn't find her.

"Kurama?" A head poked out into the hall Crowama found herself in. The voice belonged to none other than Ataru Moroboshi. "Have you changed your mind and come back for me?"

"Or me?" Another head belonging to Shuutaro Mendou popped up as well.

Crowama scowled. But before she could get away, like annoying pests the two boys skittered right up to her. Shuutaro grasped one of her hands and his, kneeling on the floor.