Hey, Hiei

After school Crowama still refused to say what was bothering her, much to Kurama's chagrin. Despite his efforts to win her over, she stayed stubborn.

He tried being a gentleman, holding the door open for her and carrying her books.

"Thank you Suichi Dear." she had said, leaving him in the dust to carry her stuff.

He tried being nice by gently pleading with her.

"Nice try, my lips are sealed."

With that statement, he even tried being flirtatious.

"Mind if I pry those lips of yours open with a kiss?"

Crowama had stopped walking and turned around, giving him a look. All he could do was smile at her.

This led to where they were currently. Wordlessly, Crowama took off and crossed the street. She was quite quick on her feet.

"Hey!" Kurama called after her, his free hand around his mouth to project his voice. "Home is this way!"

Crowama didn't bother to turn around this time. "I know!"

Sighing, Kurama chased after her. Who knows what kind of trouble she'd get into on her own. She was fast, but he was faster. The familiar sight of her back disappeared into some trees, but Kurama caught up to her in a few bounds. He reached out his hand to grab her when she suddenly disappeared.

Skidding to a halt, Kurama recognized this place as the rift between the living world and Demon World. He wasn't allowed to go back. The best he could do was wait.

I hope she'll be okay.

Kurama sat down in the grass and crossed his legs.

I know she'll be back.

★★★

Crowama found herself in a dark place, her eyes hardly adjusting to the lack of light. She had fallen onto her knees. As she stood up, she winced, realizing they were scraped.

Dusting herself off, Crowama couldn't help but feel she was being watched.

Within moments, there was a presence behind her.

"Looks like we have another one."

"Wha—"

Her vision went completely dark. She couldn't speak, she couldn't move. It was like she was in comatose.

She didn't know how much time had passed but she was back in the clearing of trees. Her eyes fluttered open and the first thing she saw was Kurama sitting patiently in the grass with their things neatly placed into a pile next to him.

With a start, Crowama realized she was being carried.

Standing up, Kurama approach her with arms outstretched. "Thank you Hiei, I'll take it from here."

Crowama could feel herself being passed into Kurama's arms. Once safely nestled into his arms, Crowama caught a glimpse of her savior.

He was a lot shorter than she thought.

This must've been Hiei.

Most of his height was made up of his tall hair.

"I don't even want to ask." said Hiei. "I haven't seen you in months."

"It's nice seeing you too," Kurama replies. Regardless, he was going to explain whether or not Hiei wanted to hear it. "This is... Kurama."

Hiei's eyebrow shot up, disappearing underneath his headband.

"Princess Kurama." Crowama corrected. She was bruised, but her ego wasn't.

"Like that clears anything up. So try and keep your princess from accidentally entering Demon World again." Hiei responded briskly.

"She's my fiance."

Hiei lowered his raised brow for a deadpan expression. "I think I'm going to throw up."

Crowama looked offended. "Well hello to you too, Hiei. I'm so glad we've met."

"I wish I can share the same sentiment." Hiei glanced up at Kurama. "Are we done here?"

"Well... I suppose we are."

"Good."

With that, Hiei disappeared.

Still carrying Crowama, Kurama walked over and picked up their things.

She slung her arms around his neck to extra support and asked, "Who was that?"

"Another friend of mine who helped save the world on numerous occasions."

"Mm."

★★★

Kurama continued on the path towards home like they were supposed to be before Crowama's little... Excursion. He still carried her, her legs dangling over the side of his arm.

"So, are you going to tell me what bothered you so much?" he asked after a long silence.

Finally, Crowama gave in.

"You said that I could find another guy by going back to hypersleep."

"Really?" his eyes darted down to meet hers. "That was a joke. I don't actually want you to do that."

There was a long silence until Crowama spoke up again. "So does that mean you're happy being engaged to me?"

A lump formed in Kurama's throat. He had to choose his words carefully.

"I am."

The days of saving the world with Yusuke and friends were behind him and even further than that, life in Demon World or as Yoko Kurama. But life with Crowama was just as exhilarating.

In a word, she was spontaneous. He loved that about her.

He...

"I love you."

Crowama urged him to stop walking by reaching her hand up to squeeze his shoulder. "... What did you say?" she asked.

"I—"

Trying to respond was futile, Crowama grabbed his head in her hands and forcefully bent it down to deliver a kiss. One that she was actually conscious for.

In fairy tales, the sleeping princess would have to wait until the wedding to be kissed again.

But not this princess.

Their heads turned slightly as to not crush their noses between them. This kiss was the complete opposite of the first one.

The first one was quick, tender.

This one was long and rough. Courtesy of Crowama initiating. Kurama couldn't complain. It was quite nice.

Pulling away for air, Crowama nestled into the crook of his neck.

What does one say after a kiss like that? Perhaps saying nothing at all was answer enough. But no, that wouldn't do.

"I love you too."