Save the Date

At school, Crowama overheard some girls giggling down the hall.

"Who do you think is the cutest boy at school?"

"Suchi obviously."

"Well you can't pick him because he's probably dating the new girl. What about you Kaede, who do you pick?"

"I actually think Yuu Kaito is really cute..."

"Really? That boy? He's weird."

"So?"

"He'll probably take you on a boring date at the library."

"What's wrong with that?"

Crowama had heard enough. One, because she also thought Kaito was weird, and two, she had an idea. She rushes over to where she'll find Kurama in the classroom.

Skidding to a halt, she slams her hands down on his desk, disturbing him from studying.

He looked up from his book. "Yes...?"

"Take me out on a date." Crowama states.

Kurama glanced away briefly before looking back at her. "... Today?"

"Yes."

"This is all so sudden... I haven't a clue of—"

Crowama started walking away before he could finish. "You'll figure something out." she had said on her way to her desk.

As class commenced, Kurama could hardly focus. Exams were coming up and the pressure was on. But all he could think about was what kind of date he should take Crowama on.

What did she like? Where would she like to go?

The questions were endless.

Perhaps he should've done a better job at asking questions about her interests a while ago. Though, to be fair, Crowama hardly did anything else but spend time with him.

Did she even have other interests?

It dawned on Kurama that she had been focused on her mission to save her kind, that she probably wasn't given room for anything else. Maybe a sequence of events were in order, Kurama just had to plan them.

And quick too. She wanted the date to be today.

★★★

After school, Kurama took his fiance on a little detour to the shopping district.

"Is this where our date is going to take place?" Crowama asked, taking in her surroundings.

Kurama nodded slightly. "I'm going to let you pick out a gift for yourself."

Crowama's eyes went wide. "Really?"

He had his allowance in his pocket so he was prepared for whatever she wanted to get. Kurama made it a practice to save money and was an overall smart spender. He could splurge a little bit on her.

"How about that?" Crowama pointed to a shop window. As the princess of crows, she was of course attracted to shiny things.

Kurama squinted to see what she was referring to.

A pair of glass slippers.

It was far too expensive than what Kurama could afford. Especially if he had other plans for this date.

Together, they walk up the the window to get a better look.

He had to admit that the slippers would look wonderful on her dainty feet.

The window display had other elegant accessories that were equally expensive. No matter how many times Kurama had been down this street, he has never seen this store before.