Chit-Chat

Every weekend for about a month, both Kuramas would each take one of the time candies and travel to the future to meet with their daughter.

From where it stands, it appears they take the place of their future selves and that their daughter does not know the difference.

In order not to spoil themselves with learning their daughter's name or inadvertently changing the future by deciding what her name was in the future, they simply refer to her as pet names.

However, time with her was running out as Crowama dumped the last two pieces of candy on her table at home.

"That's it..." she announced. "The last time we'll ever see our daughter again."

"Until she is born, that is." Kurama reminded her.

His statement altered her attitude as she leaned across the table seductively, but before she could say anything Kurama raised up a hand to silence her. "No," he said. "Not now. We're supposed to be normal teenagers, remember?"

Crowama frowned and rolled her eyes. "Correction, you want to be a normal teenager. But no matter what, you're always going to be different. You're a demon for crying out loud!"

"I was supposed to be a normal child." Kurama murmured quietly, his gaze falling into his lap.

"But you weren't," Crowama pressed. "And you never will be. Neither will I. At least... Normal for this planet anyway." She placed a hand on his. "We're both not normal Suichi Dear."

Kurama's gaze flickered upwards. "Nothing is stopping you from not going to school with me, I know you hate it. Why try to be normal if you don't want to be?"

"Because that's what you want." Crowama countered, slightly offended.

"How do we go from here, to the future where we're living on your planet?" he continued. "We have to think, Kurama, you can't keep making brash decisions all the time."

Crowama retracted her hand. "I... Guess you're right." She's hardly been called out before for her behavior. It was humbling.

"Now, what do you suppose? Do you think in the future I will give up everything to move in with you?" Kurama asks genuinely. "If we're here on earth acting like normal teenagers and we both want different things..."

"You think I go home first without you?" Crowama supplies. There it goes. The root of his concern.

"Nothing's stopping you."

"Well..." Crowama tilts her head in thought. "I do hate homework."

"True enough."

"I don't like your classmates."

"They haven't done anything to you but yes, I can see that."

"And class is really boring—"

"Where are you going with this?" Kurama was extremely confused and was growing worried.

Crowama slapped her hands down on the table. "The point is, I like you. You're the only thing I like on this planet and so... I will stay for you."

Despite this revelation, Kurama still frowned. "I don't want you to be miserable."

"But I'm not!" Crowama promised, practically pleading with him. "You make all those things fun! Except for your... Classmates, I really don't like them." She added that last part quietly.

Disregarding her distaste for everyone else, Kurama looked at her, processing this. "I... Do?"

"As fun as timid little Suichi can make things anyway, I like being around you. That's why I do all those things."

Kurama slowly nodded, though he raised a brow. "Timid, hm?"

Crowama snorted. "Compared to me? Oh absolutely."

"You know..." Kurama lightened up, now leaning on the table. "You never did explain to me how you ended up with three exes, Miss Spontaneous. All of whom you were engaged to?"

In response, Crowama sank in her spot. "Ahaha... About that— long story..."

Kurama smirked. "We've got time, don't we?"

Crowama grew flustered as color drew away from her face. "Well um... Oh! I completely forgot the give Lum the eyeshadow I borrowed. Guess I have to go to that now..." She stood up.

"I know that's a lie, Kurama."

"No you don't!" Crowama affirmed, she was beginning to run away.

"You know I'm faster than you too, right?" Kurama warned, calling out after her.

Her voice sounded far away. "And what're you going to do if you catch..." Kurama appeared before her. "Me."

Kurama considered it for a moment. "I don't suppose you are ticklish?"

Crowama gasped in horror. "W-who told you that!?"

"Aha! So it's true!" Kurama snapped his fingers.

"Huh?? You didn't know...?"

"I was just guessing and you confirmed my suspicions." Kurama reached out his arms towards her. "Now let's see... The sides? The neck? Or... Ooh." He had his hands hovering around her wings.

At this point, all the color returned into Crowama's face, dangerously crossing into red territory. "Don't you dare!"

"I might."

"Ack!"

Kurama had safely tackled her into the ground, using his weight to keep her pinned. He made sure he wasn't actually hurting her though, as he meant no actual harm.

He began tickling the wings that were attached to her hair causing Crowama to cackle hysterically.

"I... Get you... Back—!' she exclaimed through laughter. She tried to wriggle out from beneath him but was laughing way too hard to get herself moving.

Her laugh was nowhere near elegant as one might expect from a princess, but it made Kurama smile. She sounded more like a crow which was adorable to him.

Eventually he relented and pulled his hands back, leaving Crowama a giggling mess.

"I stopped," he said. "Why are you still laughing?"

Crowama froze with a start. "Oh."

Kurama stood up from on top of her and offered a hand to help her up. "You are quite the lady."

Crowama rolled her eyes with a smile still on her face. "Oh stop it."