Of Cakes, Crows, and Kuwabaras

Crowama tasked her crows with getting the cake while she took care of the other items on their checklist. However, the only issue was that today of all days, she wasn't wearing her necklace.

Meaning that the crows were stuck in their original forms.

"You three are going to have to figure it out," Elder Crow said. "I'm going to keep an eye on things around here."

"No you're not!" Crow One protested. "You're gonna sit here and do nothing!"

"Do not question me!" Elder Crow spat, hitting One atop the head with a mallet. One spun around becoming dizzy and landed straight on his face.

Two and Three huddled together, holding each other in their wings.

"Take him and go." Elder Crow instructed, holding the mallet out towards them. "And don't come back without a cake!"

"Yes Elder!" they shout in unison, taking One upon their backs.

As they flew out of Crowama's apartment they pondered how they were going to get their feathers on a cake.

"We could go to a bakery." Three suggested.

"Idiot!" Two cawed. "We're crows! No human is going to let us inside! They'll chase us out like pests."

At this time, One came to. "Hey look! There's a human down there who can help us!" He spread his wings and dove down onto someone's head. "You there! Yankee!"

"Who're you callin' yankee?" Kuwabara reared his head, trying to see who was talking to him.

"Up here bozo!" One pecked Kuwabara's scalp to get his attention.

Becoming annoyed, Kuwabara grabbed Crow One in his fist and brought the little bird to his face. "Hey! You're one of er— Kurama's crows!"

Two and Three hovered nearby. "That's right!" Two said. "And since you know her soon-to-be husband, we need your help."

"Um, sure." Kuwabara glanced at his surroundings and pulled them aside into an alleyway. That way he wouldn't be seen as crazy for speaking to crows. Not that he wasn't already labeled as different due to his abilities. As he did so, he released his hold on One. "What can I help you with?"

"We need you to purchase a cake." Three replied.

"Cake?" Kuwabara scratched his head. "That's it?"

"Preferably a three tiered cake, marbled red velvet, white frosting and piping with pink roses, and two figurines that look like our Princess and Prince. Also, some edible glitter would be nice. "

Kuwabara blinked. "Gosh... Well— I'll see what I can do but that's gonna cost a lot of money."

Two dropped a little bag of yen into the palm of Kuwabara's hand. "We've got that covered."

"And take this photo for the figurines too." Three placed a picture of the Kuramas along with the yen.

Kuwabara nodded and pocketed the items. It was the least he can do for his friend. He was happy that Kurama was getting married. "Got it. Now let's go."

★★★

Once the group arrived at the bakery, Kuwabara went inside as the crows watched from the shop window.

Kuwabara did his best to recall what they wanted for the cake and recited it to the cashier. The girl wrote it down on the notepad.

"Can you make a three tiered cake that's uh... marbled with red velvet and...vanilla? Erm, white frosting with pink roses also made out of frosting? Uh..." Kuwabara stroked his chin.

One banged his wings against the glass. "Glitter! Don't forget the glitter!"

Kuwabara nearly snapped his neck looking at One through the window before turning his attention back to the cashier, grinning cheesily. "And glitter?"

The girl nodded in response, smiling. "Are you Kazuma Kuwabara?"

He tilted his head. "Yeah, why?"

"Oh nothing," the girl blushed slightly. "I'll get this to you right away." She ripped off the note she was writing and took it into the back. "Pa! We got a wedding cake!"

Kuwabara turns, leaning his back onto the counter. These days, he had more luck with women but his heart was set on Yukina. At least his popularity was helping him get this cake faster.

He pulled the photo of Kurama and Princess Kurama out of his pocket. When he did so, the girl returned. "Is this who's getting married?" she asked.

"Uh-huh." Kuwabara placed the photo down. "Could you somehow make them into figurines? Oh and..." Kuwabara also placed down the bag of yen. "Here's the money."

"Perfect!" The girl picked both items up in a swift motion. "I'll handle making the figurines. The whole thing should be done by tomorrow morning."

Once the transaction was made, Kuwabara went outside to relay the information.

"We heard." One interrupted. "It'll be ready by tomorrow."

"But how are we going to get it tomorrow?" Two asked.

"I'll come back with you guys," Kuwabara offered. "You don't have to do it yourselves." He doubted that the little bird could even carry a cake that size between them.

Three shook his head. "It's not that... Elder is expecting the cake today!"

Kuwabara mulled over this information. "Let me have a word with him then."

★★★

"What?!" Elder Crow was livid. "I told you to come back with it today! Not tomorrow, today." He had Kuwabara on his knees, begging for mercy.

"You gotta understand, these things take ti—"

BONK!

"Hey!" Kuwabara rubbed his head to full the pain. "It's not my fault, why're you hittin' me?!"

"You're right..." Elder Crow raised the mallet above his head to strike One, Two, and Three.

However, they were much faster. All three of them raised their own mallets. "Get him!" Together they knocked Elder Crow out.

Kuwabara was astonished. This was too weird, even for him.