Hiei Returns

Wedding plans were all coming together and everything was falling into place. Only one problem.

"I'm thinking of making Lum my maid of honor. Who is going to be your best man?"

Kurama pondered this. While Yusuke or Kuwabara would be good choices, it still didn't feel right to choose them. He wanted Hiei, except he wasn't allowed to go see him.

"Hiei is the closest I have to a best friend... So would you do me a favor?"

"Of course beloved," Crowama replies. "What is it?"

★★★

"You want me to return to Demon World?" Crowama stood with her arms crossed as they stood in the same clearing Crowama disappeared to weeks agom

"I can't go," Kurama reasoned. "So... could you?"

Crowama sighs inwardly, dropping her hands to her sides. "Alright. Here goes nothing." She walks up a few steps, approximating the spot where the rift would be. It took a few tries before she disappeared once more.

This time however, she was prepared.

She was able to see her surroundings. It almost looked like she was in the throat of something as she walked further into Demon World. It didn't take long for some demons to find her.

"Here comes another one," a bug-like one had said, reaching for her.

Another more human-like one with extra appendages grabbed for her other side.

"Hey!" Crowama protested. "Let go of me you heathens!" As she wriggled around in their tight grasps, her necklace came loose, revealing her true form.

"What the—?!" The bug demon let go of her in surprise. "How did you manage to escape? Demons aren't allowed out of here..."

"I'm not a demon!" she spat. "I'm an alien!"

Hiei soon appeared to settle this, emerging from the shadows. "Leave her be. Couldn't you sense the strange energy coming from her?"

Crowama's eyes widened. "You!"

"What're you doing back here, haven't you learned any better?" Hiei accused. "I told your fiance not to let this happen again."

"He sent me here." Crowama replies. "He wants you to be his best man."

Hiei narrowed his eyes. "What?"

"To our wedding?" she said matter-of-factly. "That's going to happen in a couple weeks by the way. You're officially invited."

Hiei had to stop himself from rolling his eyes. "Good grief. Let me talk to him. Come on." He walked past the two demons who had long since let Crowama free. She followed behind him and was returned back to the world of the living.

"Kurama!" Hiei spat. "How do you expect me to leave to attend your ridiculous wedding?"

The corners of Kurama's lips twitched into a smirk. "Ah, so you want to come?"

Hiei's ears turned red. "No."

"Well," Kurama continued. "If you ever want to come... You could always break the rules a bit... Never took you for a rule follower anyway."

Hiei looked at him with a blank expression. "Will Yukina be there?"

"Of course, she's invited."

Hiei pondered this. "Fine..." he said. "I will be there." Even if it was just for a day, seeing his sister again would relax his qualms about her. Like Kurama, she gave up the right to be in Demon World. He wanted to see how she was faring. If Kuwabara did anything to her, he'll...

He noticed that he was clenching his fist and relaxed it a bit.

"And the others would be there too, I assume." he was referring to Yusuke and Kuwabara.

Kurama nodded. "All of our friends will be attending, along with my bride's."

Hiei glanced at Crowama who waved idly towards him.

"Very well," Hiei turned to leave. "Now was that all?"

"I believe so, yes."

"Then goodbye."

The Kuramas watched as Hiei disappeared.

"Welp!" Crowama clasped her hands together. "That settles that!"

Kurama looked at her. "What about her necklace."

As if on cue, the necklace was tossed back and Kurama caught it with his swift reflexes. "Nevermind, here it is." He beckoned for Crowama to come towards him so he could fasten it around her neck, changing her back into a human.

As they walked back home together, they began chatting.

"That Hiei needs to take a load off." Crowama says, walking with her hands behind her head. "He's so high strung."

"He's always been that way."

Crowama scoffed slightly. "And I thought you were high strung."

Kurama shrugged. "I have you to keep me grounded."

"Maybe Hiei would meet someone to keep him grounded too."

Kurama chuckled a bit. "That'll be the day."

"It happened to you," Crowama said optimistically, skipping ahead. As she did so, she spun around happily. "So who's to say?"

Kurama picked up the pace to keep up with her, holding back from outrunning her. "I suppose you're right." He grinned. He was much happier now to have her in his life.

And he was more than welcome to include his friends in on his happiness.