Wedding Plans

Crowama paced around her apartment, listing off things she'd want for her wedding as her crows took notes.

It was rather hard for them since they didn't have opposable fingers.

"Hm, my flowers... Should they be red lilies... Or calla lilies?" She paused, stroking her chin. "Oh! They just have to be red roses. What do you think?" She turned towards the elder crow, looking down at him. "Lemme see what you have so far."

The elder crow turned his notepad around to reveal handwriting that more resembles chicken scratch.

Crowama face palmed. "Nevermind..."

The door opened as the other crows let Kurama inside. "I thought you'd wait to make the plans with me," he says as he walks further into the room.

"Sorry," Crowama apologized. "I got too excited and you're always studying for exams now."

Kurama nodded in understanding and took the bent down to take the list from the elder crow. Somehow he was able to make out some kanji. "Flowers? You know I can handle that, right? I don't want you trying to do all the work on your own."

"I know you well enough to try and take over and do it all yourself as well." Crowama retorted, fists on her hips.

Kurama promptly flipped up a new sheet of paper. "Then we'll just have to split it. I'll take flowers as I said. How about you... Handle the cake? Would you like for there to be cake?"

"Of course I do!" she responds, though she takes pause. "... Where am I supposed to get a cake?"

"I'm sure you'll figure it out. Now, we both have to make appointments to get fitted for suits and dresses with our friends." Kurama continued, bouncing a pen between his index and middle finger as he thought about it.

"I'll probably do that while you're taking your exams."

Kurama looked at her curiously. "So you're not coming to school those days?"

Crowama shrugged. "I'm not even studying, school has no purpose for me."

"Very well," Kurama wrote down what they had so far. "As for the wedding venue—"

"On my planet. I've already decided. I've had a venue ready for years waiting for this moment."

"So you have..." Kurama wrote this down as well. "Transportation?"

"I'm an alien and most of my friends are aliens, something can definitely be arranged." Crowama states. "We could all meet up at one spot and then take a ship back to my planet."

Kurama dipped his head. "Works for me... Gift table?"

Crowama looked at him like he was crazy, he was almost frightened.

"I'll take that as a yes." he added that to the list as well. "As for the food situation..."

"We'll take care of that!" The elder crow raised his wing. As their princess' servants, the crows felt a need to contribute.

"Okay. That about settles it then," Kurama hands the notepad back to the elder crow. "We should begin making invitations."

"Oh that's easy." Crowama strutted over to her computer and typed in a few words. Once she hit a button a large shute came down from the ceiling.

Kurama looked on with awe. "When and how did you get that installed?" he asked, but she didn't answer.

The shute hovered above Crowama as she outstretched her hands. Out came a bundle of letters already tucked into their envelopes. "All done!" She walked over to Kurama so he could see.

Kurama picked up an envelope and reached inside to pull out an invitation. It was printed on creamy white parchment paper with golden letters printed on it.

You're Invited to the Wedding of Kurama and Kurama!

"It's certainly recognizable."  Kurama noted with dull sarcasm. "Am I the first Kurama or the last?"

"Last." Crowama placed a hand on her chest. "As the princess and the bride, I must come first."

He considered asking her to change it but it was far too humourous and would've been a waste of paper.

Crowama took the stack in her arms and gave it to the crow second-in-command. The sheer weight of the papers made the little guy collapse but nobody noticed.

"Deliver those for me." the princess instructed.

"Right away princess!" The other crows each took a talon-ful of invitations and started going on their way.

★★★

Keiko was having a picnic with Yusuke, one of the many things he's doing for her to make up for lost time. He even put together the basket himself.

Granted, it was store bought things, but he put in effort nonetheless.

Keiko was just about to take a bite out of her sandwich before a shadow overhead, shrouded the sandwich in darkness.

"Argh, stupid birds!" Yusuke waved his hand around to scare it off. "They want our food!"

Much to their surprise, the bird dove down and spoke to them. "Greetings!"

Keiko screamed and Yusuke prepared to squash it.

"Wait!" The bird held up his wings. "I have an important message for you!" With a talon he held up two invitations. "Is from Kurama! Er... Your Kurama."

Warily, Yusuke took them and handed one to Keiko.

Once Keiko opened it up, she read it out loud. "Oh! It's their wedding! Seems that they're getting married in June... How nice. You know what they say about June weddings."

Yusuke had a blank expression on his face. "I do?"

Keiko rolled her eyes. "It means good luck and prosperity for a long lasting marriage."

"Ohh." Yusuke nodded. "So," he continued. "Obviously you're going as my date."

"Obviously?" Keiko echoed.

"Well, yeah." Yusuke rubs the back of his head nervously. "We are dating, aren't we?"

"Are we?"

"Keiko." Yusuke looked at her with his brows raised. "Just say yes."

Keiko upturned her nose in a playful manner. "I'm not sure I should. You haven't officially asked me to be your girlfriend and yet we're going to be married one day."

"Weren't we always together? Do I really—"

"Yes, Yusuke. You do."

Yusuke sighs. "Alright..." She turns towards him. "Keiko, will you be my... Girl."

She raises her eyebrows and prompts him to finish.

"Friend."

Keiko grinned. "See? Was that so hard? And yes, I will."

The crow before them started sobbing. "S-so beautiful..." He used one of the envelopes to blow his beak. Both Keiko and Yusuke glared at him. "Sorry, sorry." He began flapping his wings to head on to the next person.