Friends

Kurama's visit to Genkai's went smoothly. Yusuke even showed up after being MIA after all this time. Kurama watched his friend reunite with Keiko in a bittersweet meeting on the beach shore. It was nice.

Now that everyone was playing at the beach, Kurama decided that it was a good time to bring up his fiance.

"Everyone," he said. "I have an announcement."

All of his friends paused their activities to look at him. Either looks of interest or concern on their faces. Regardless of what he was going to say, it was going to be earth shattering. "I'm..." Eyebrows are being raised. "Getting married."

Rather than being happy for him, everyone was extremely confused.

"I'm going to be honest," Yusuke remarks, "I thought I was going to marry Keiko before anyone else gets married." His lack of tact causes his childhood friend's face to flush.

Attempting to understand the situation, Botan being the voice of reason spoke up. "How long ago did you meet this girl?"

"About a month ago." Kurama answers promptly.

Botan's jaw dropped. It was... Quite soon to marry someone but then again, bo stranger than Kuwabara's love at first sight with Yukina. Botan stuttered. "Um... Uh— what's her name?"

Embarrassed, Kurama tilts his head downwards. "... Kurama."

"You my friend, got a lot of explaining to do." Yusuke stood up from splashing water on Keiko and crossed his arms. "Now how did that happen?"

Kurama took a deep breath and explained his situation from the beginning. From meeting the crows to meeting their princess and kissing her awake. It was somehow even more bizarre coming out of him mouth. Not to mention that she's a tengu demon that's actually an alien. A match made in hell.

"And now I'm helping her singlehandedly restore her race." the fox demon concludes.

Scratching his head, it was now Kuwabara's turn to add his 2 cents. "So... Basically what you're saying is that... Eh—" the redheaded boy glanced at Yukina and blushed, wanting to preserve her innocence. And his for that matter. "There's going to be a planet of little Kurama's running around?"

"Fox and bird babies," Yukina cooed. "How cute!"

Or how horrific. Kurama thought to himself. He hadn't considered what his spawn would look like until now. He tried to imagine a child with Crowama's wings for hair and fox ears. His gene pool might change what Crowama's race might look like for a while. Oh the predicament he found himself in.

Genkai, after assessing the situation nodded in thought. "No one is asking the real question." She looked up at Kurama from where she stood. "From what you told us, do you really love her? Or are you doing this out of duty?"

★★★

"Eee! You're getting married?!" Lum flew up from sitting on the floor and circled above. Ataru and Crowama herself sitting below her.

Like Shuutaro, Ataru was heartbroken. He sobbed, though no tears actually came out. "Kurama, baby... How could you move on so soon!" He earned himself a zap from Lum causing him to keel over.

"Darling! Be happy for her!" Lum landed on her feet, glowering down at her fiance.

Ataru twitched from where he laid on the floor. "Kurama..." he mumbled. "Give me... One more chance—"

Crowama huffed and upturned her nose. "I'm going to be a married woman now. My soon-to-be husband is way more behaved than you, not to mention way more handsome."