Bad Dreams and Moonbeams

Both Kuramas were laid next to each other in Kurama's bed. Kurama being much too humble to make the first move, the most he was able to do was hold Crowama's hand. The two of them stared at the ceiling above them. It would seem that Crowama would have to take things into her own hands.

She gently pulled on the hand that held hers and flipped herself over onto him. Kurama had to force himself to not stiffen up. Instead, he smiled in the dark. The moonlight barely lit up his face.

"Comfortable?"

"Very."

★★★

What's this?

Crowama woke up and she was home again. Back on her home planet of the Tengu in her very own bed. She looked down at herself, she was wearing her silken pajamas. Not what she had gone to bed in. She looked to her right, the edge of the bed and then to her left— and there was Kurama! He was wearing...

Crowama's face turned red.

Nothing.

Only the sheets draped over his midsection.

Kurama laid on his side, propping his head up on his arm. He smiled at her. "Good morning beloved!"

"Ehh?" Crowama was taken aback. "Since when did you become so lovey dovey?" This was most definitely a dream.

Or was this... A premonition of the future?

Crowama dispelled the thought immediately. Nonsense. Of the very few abilities she possessed, seeing into the future was not one of them. It was nothing but wishful thinking.

However, dream Kurama answered her question. "I've always been this way, isn't that how a husband should act?"

Husband.

This was so unlike the real Kurama, she was almost certain it was a dream.

"You're scaring me."

Dream Kurama frowned, the corners of his mouth folding into a thin line. "I'm sorry beloved."

Somehow this made her feel even worse. Crow pressed the palms of her hands to her eyeballs, urging herself to wake up. Unfortunately, she lacked the willpower to do so.

Abruptly, she got out of her fake bed and headed towards her fake door. "I'm going to freshen up." Crowama excused and walked into the fake hall. Much to her surprise, there were many unfamiliar doors. All of them with name plates.

Crowama approached one of them and read it out loud. "Kurama Jr.?"

Quickly she went to another door. "Chibi Kurama?"

And another.

And another.

All of which were derived from the name Kurama. This dream was now a nightmare! Crowama's head was spinning as she fell onto her knees.

The feeling of falling was able to wake up up. Her chest was heaving as she realized she was in the real world now. Crowama glanced at the sleeping form of Kurama next to her.

Funnily enough, he hardly budged from how they fell asleep. In fact, he slept a lot like a corpse. The only part of him that moved was his neck and his head, contorting as if he was having a bad dream himself.

★★★

Kurama's dream was very different and a lot more violent in comparison.

A large shadowy monster in the shape of a bird had clutched up Crowama in its talons. Crowama was unconscious, her head lolling about as the creature played keep away with Kurama.

The fox demon used his vine whip to strike at the beast, urging it to let his lady go. The beast would block with its wings of darkness, foiling Kurama's attempts. This angered Kurama as at the time, he was unaware it was a dream.

He threw everything he had at the beast, literally. He tossed his roses with precision, able to wound the beast. However, Kurama received the same attack in the form of razor sharp feathers.

With his fox-like agility, Kurama was able to dodge with ease. Unfortunately he didn't act fast enough to save Crowama from being tossed into the air and down the beast's gullet.

Kurama woke with a start. "Crowama!"

Just like a corpse, he had risen like an undead one, the sheets that covered him slowly sinking down to his waist. His eyes were wide, ready to kill someone.

"What did you just call me?" asked his fiance who had woken up mere moments before. She had her eyebrow raised in question.

Sheepishly, Kurama's eyes softened. "... Crowama." he admitted. "I call you that... In my head."

"How would you even spell that with kanji?"

"I—"

"Nevermind, I don't care." Crowama turned so that her back was facing him and stole all the sheets for herself. "Goodnight."

Left with nothing, Kurama inches towards her with his body. The urgency of his nightmare has subdly subsided but not forgotten. Without hesitation, he put an arm around her to ensure that she was not going anywhere.

"Goodnight beloved."

Crowama pretended not to be shocked by this gesture or the statement, the only thing that gave away her thoughts were her yellow eyes, widening in the dark.