Rei on a Rampage

Kurama took his party to Genkai's place as he also wanted a nice, calm party. Plus, they were a long way from the city in a large secluded area. He couldn't imagine having his bachelor party anywhere else.

Genkai did the boys a favor and gave them some privacy despite Kurama saying she's allowed to stay. Her reasonings was that she was too old and left them be. They all gathered in her dojo with the slide doors open so they could get a nice view.

Between Kurama's own friends and Crowama's... 'friends,' it was very difficult to find common ground. The boys were much more interested talking about girls, except for Rei who didn't do a lot of talking. Though, Kurama had to ask about Rei's appearance. The horns and fangs told him that he wasn't human.

"I must ask, are you a demon too?" Kurama didn't sense any demon energy from Rei, unless he was really good at masking it.

Rei looked like he wanted to respond, but couldn't. He frowned with his fangs poking out from his upper lip.

Ataru looked over and answered from him. "He's an oni from outer space. The same species as Lum." he said casually.

It would have been confusing for Kurama since oni were demons as well, but since Crowama was a tengu from outer space it somehow made sense. "Is Lum one of Princess Kurama's friends?"

"Yes."

Rei's frown had grown deeper as he physically sagged. "Lum..."

Not sure if that was worth prying into, Kurama changed the subject. He leaned back on his hands from where he sat on the floor. "So, who is Princess Kurama to you three?"

Ataru scoffed haughtily. "We were totally a thing."

Kurama tried to hide his shock. "You were?"

"We almost got married," added Shuutaro who joined in at the mere mention of Lum.

Kurama glanced at Rei. "I imagine it was the same for you too?"

Rei nodded.

"Hm." Kurama mulled over this information. Crowama had mentioned having to try again before. "Now that I think about it, the name Moroboshi comes to mind."

"That's me!" Ataru pointed to himself and smiled cheekily. "Just think about it, I kissed your fiance."

"Moroboshi, have you no shame?!" Shuutaro smacked him upside the head.

"You're just mad you didn't get to kiss her."

"Shut up!"

The two continue to bicker and smack each other around.

At this moment, Yusuke slinks up behind Kurama and takes a seat next to his old friend. Even though Yusuke has been gone, it was like he never left.

Yusuke cups his hand around his mouth and whispers to Kurama. "No offense but... Your fiance's friends are a couple of asses."

"Apparently they were her exes." Kurama remarks quietly.

Yusuke's eyes widen slightly. "How does that make you feel?"

Kurama wasn't sure. Of course Crowama was going to have exes, she's mentioned before how her previous "wake up kisses" failed. He just hadn't expect her exes to be this incompetent. No wonder she called it off. He can see why with Ataru and Shuutaro, but Rei was a bit of a mystery.

However, Crowama did like to talk, so that was maybe why. The oni seemed more interested in Lum anyway.

Seeing as Kurama wasn't going to response, Yusuke asks another question. "Well, are you going to let them talk about her like that?"

Kurama looked back over at Ataru and Shuutaro who were now pulling at each other extremities. Hair, jaw, whatever. Kurama was rather passive and he didn't want to fight them. He just crossed his arms and bowed his head. He would have to play their game.

"I think you're both forgetting who is actually marrying her."

Both of them snap their attention to Kurama.

"I invite you here out of kindness but I don't take kindly to your intentions." Lifting his gaze a bit, Kurama met their eyes. "If I were mistaken, it sounds like you're still in love with her."

Immediately Shuutaro let's go of Ataru and sits correctly with his hands on his knees. "Not me. I for one am glad that Princess Kurama is marrying someone capable to cater to her needs."

"Oh you're so full of it—" Ataru got cut off my Shuutaro flashing his sword around.

"Don't talk, Moroboshi. Your own fiance is at Princess Kurama's right now. Yet you sit here pining for another who is also to be married."

Shuutaro was also full of it, but he'd sooner die than let anyone know that.

"You can have Lum for all I care, hypocrite!" Ataru shouted.

At the sound of her name, Rei's interest was piqued. "Lum!" His body distorted as he began changing.

"What the hell is he doing?" Yusuke asked, not sure if he should be grossed out or now. Kurama stayed silent.

Even the others' conversations subsided as they turned their attention.

Rei continued to get bigger and bigger until he was a hulking beast of a tiger of some sort. "Lum!" he yells again, swinging his arms. In doing so he smacked Ataru into the floor.

Shuutaro wielded his katana but he was too scared to use it, his grip on it was quivering.

"Kurama old friend, I hope you know what you're doing marrying this chick if she has friends like these." Yusuke stood up and made a finger gun with his dominant hand, holding it with his other. "I'll try not to hurt him for both of your sakes... Spirit Gun!"

Yusuke shot out a low energy Spirit Gun to subdue the monsterized Rei with no avail. Rei opened his large jaws and swallowed the little blast.

Yusuke was perplexed to say the least. "Did he just... Eat that? Who the hell is this exactly?"

Rei was angered at being attacked, lowering to all fours and booking it.

Kurama was ready to go after him, pausing at the entrance to inform the others. "We can't let him leave, who knows what he'll do."

Ataru came to his senses and begabe crawling deeper into the room, bumping into Kuwabara's ankles. "Oh no ya don't." Kuwabara picked up the frightened boy by his shirt. "You're telling us how to defeat that thing."

"And without hurting him," Kurama added. "I don't want to get on Satsuki's bad side."

Ataru furrowed his brows. "Who's Satsuki?"

Kurama shook his head. "Nevermind, we don't have much time. Tell us."

"Well... You'd either have to coax him with some food or bring Lum here." Ataru informs them.

Kurama would much rather stay and fight but the best course of action would be to go back to his apartment and disturb Crowama's party. "From what I heard, Lum is your fiance so you're coming with me "

Kuwabara tosses Ataru towards Kurama.

"I could go in his place." Shuutaro offers. He was putting on a noble act when he really wanted to be around Lum while Ataru wasn't around.

Kurama glanced down at Shuutaro's katana. "You have a weapon," the fox demon said. "You can fight. You'd be much suited here in my place." While Kurama was very powerful, if things got worse, Yusuke was here with Kuwabara and Koenma as backup.

Kurama then turned to Ataru who was collecting himself. "Come on then, let's go."