🩷/🩵The Train Ride| Gabriel

Fluff, relationship dynamic, no specific gender, hurt/comfort, venting, 420 words.

It was a Friday evening. Gabriel and I were on the train together. We usually rode the train home after we both worked despite our separate jobs.

I sat down next to him on the blue seats. "Hi Angel.." He smiled a little when he saw me. "Hey Gabe." I replied with an equally big smile.

I let out a small sigh. Work was rough. "What's wrong, y/n?" Gabriel tilted his head while looking at me.

"It's just.. it's rough." I said. Working in customer service wasn't the easiest, especially in the billing department. Everyone hated us. They knew they could get away with it too simply because we were a call center for all over the world.

"Well, tell me about it?" He politely asked while grabbing my hand. "People think they can yell at us." I shrugged, not giving him much more information.

He slowly rubbed circles on my hand with his thumb. "Angel, you know you can trust me." He looked at me sympathetically.

"I know, I know. There was this one customer in particular today. He lied about being sick in hopes of having more time to pay. It's just.. difficult ever since my mother. The fact that someone would lie about it.. it's disgusting." I'd continue on about how it wasn't fair.

"I won't lie. That is messed up. But you can't let it get to you." He leaned his head back on the seat. "How about this? We go home and I make you dinner. Maybe it'll help you get your mind off of some things."

I hesitated before replying. "That would be nice, but.." I'd look down at my knees and squeeze his hand. "You don't have to do all of that for me."

"I know I don't. But I love you. So I will do whatever I please to make you feel loved." He would look at me while saying those words. He truly meant it.

"I guess I'm just not used to it." I didn't have great relationships in the past. It felt weird knowing someone loved me. They weren't using me to pass time or for sex.

He kissed the top of my head. "It's gonna be okay. I get too angel." Both of our souls were learning how to love together. We had both been hurt before. It was nice to finally get someone who understood me. Not someone who just listened to everything I say.