Blood and Cheese

(Please click the link above)

Blood and cheese crept through the halls of the palace, their blades at the ready. They had been hired to eliminate one of Prince Aemond's son's, but they had not expected to find them awake.

As they entered the room, they saw Daenera sitting up in bed, her two sons beside her.

"Scream, and you will die." Blood told her.

Her eyes immediately landed on the two men, and she held her son's tightly. "Who are you?" She asked.

"We are the debt collectors. An eye for an eye a son for a son. We only want the one to square thing. Won't hurt the rest of you, fine folks." Blood said.

Blood and cheese moved quickly, each grabbing one of the children and holding their blades to their throats. Daenera took a deep breath and tried to summoned the powers within her but nothing happened.

"Which one do you want to lose your grace?" Cheese asked.

"Mommy." Daeron and Aenys cried.

Daenera's heart sank.

"Choose, my lady," Blood said, his voice cold and menacing. "Which one shall live?"

Daenera looked from one child to the other, her eyes filled with horror. "I can't choose," she whispered. "Please, let them go."

Blood's grip on the child in his arms tightened. "You must choose, my lady," he said. "Or we will choose for you."

She shook her head, tears streaming down her face. "I cannot," she said. "I can not choose between my own children. Please, I'm begging you to kill me instead, please."

"Pick or we will kill them both." He said.

"No." Daenera cried. That's when she lifted her head and looked at her two children. She loved them both and couldn't bring herself to choose. "I can't. Please kill me."

Blood exchanged a glance with cheese. "Very well," he said. "Since you can not choose, we will choose for you."

"No, please kill me." She begged.

Aenys began to cry in Blood's arms, Daenera reached out to him, but Blood pushed her away. "This is the punishment for what your husband did to Prince Lucerys," he said.

"Mommy, please don't let me die." Aenys cried.

She tried to use her witch abilities but nothing. She was powerless.

"Pick or they both die."

Daenera cried, but she knew she had to save atleast one son.

"The younger!" She said finally. "I choose the younger.."

Daerons eyes widened. He couldn't believe his mother chose to save Aenys. Truth is, she didn't know why she chose Aenys. Mabye, she was holding out hope that if Daeron died again, he would come back to her.

"You hear that little boy." Cheese whispered to Daeron, who was in tears. "Your mama wants you dead."

"That's not true." Daenera whispered. "Please don't kill my boys."

"No, Mommy, please!" Daeron cried.

"Momma, help us, please." Aenys cried. "I don't want to die."

The cheese gave blood a grin, and with that, Blood slew Aenys' head, striking off the boy's head with a single blow.

Daenera screamed, the sound echoing through the palace. Daeron cried out, clinging to his mother, as Blood and Cheese disappeared into the night with the head of Prince Aenys.

She held her son's lifeless body in her arms, tears streaming down her face as she cried uncontrollably. Blood and cheese had left her alone in the room with her son, and she couldn't believe what had just happened. She rocked back and forth, holding her child's body tightly as she mourned his loss.

Suddenly, the door burst open, and Aemond rushed in, concern etched on his face. "Daenera, what's happened? What's wrong?" he asked, trying to reach out and comfort her, but that's when he saw his son's body.

Daenera pushed him away, anger and grief overwhelming her. "Get away from me!" she screamed, her voice hoarse from crying. "This is all your fault! You did this!"

Aemond recoiled, hurt and confused by her words. "What happened?" He asked, filled with rage and sadness.

"A son for a son." She whispered.

She continued to cry uncontrollably, her heart shattered into a million pieces. As Aemond tried to comfort her, she pushed him away, still consumed by anger and grief.

"You did this," she sobbed, her voice barely audible. "My boy... my sweet boy...."

Aemond's heart sank as he heard her words. He knew that she was in pain and that her emotions were raw.

He knelt beside her, his eyes filled with tears. "Danny, please listen to me," he said softly. "I will make them pay for what they did. Do you hear me?"

"Pay? You started this!" She yelled

"And I plan to finish it." Aemond said and wrapped his arms around her as she cried.

But Daenera was inconsolable. She continued to push him away, unable to see beyond her pain and anger. Aemond felt helpless, unsure of what he could say or do to ease her suffering.

As the minutes ticked by, she began to calm down. Her sobs became quieter, and she leaned into Aemond's embrace, her head resting against his shoulder.

______________

Daenera lay in her bed, staring blankly at the ceiling. Her eyes were red and swollen from crying, but now she seemed to have no tears left. She had witnessed the murder of her eldest son, right before her eyes, and the shock and trauma of it all had left her numb.

Aemond sat by her side, his hand holding hers tightly. He had been trying to console her since the incident, but she remained unresponsive, lost in her own thoughts and grief.

"Danny, please talk to me," Aemond pleaded softly. "I know it's hard, but you can't just shut yourself off like this. We need to face this together."

She remained silent, her eyes still fixed on the ceiling. Aemond sighed, feeling helpless and lost.

Daeron came into the room, a worried expression on his face. He had seen his mother like this since the incident, and it scared him. Even though he was hurt about her choosing Aenys over him, he still loved her unconditionally.

"Mommy, are you okay?" Daeron asked, his voice barely above a whisper.

She didn't respond, and Daeron looked to his father for help. Aemond shook his head, signaling that he didn't know what to do either.

He approached the bed and crawled onto it, snuggling close to his mother. He wrapped his small arms around her, but she pulled away and turned her back to him. She couldn't bare to look at his face, knowing she chose Aenys over him and he had to live with that for the rest of his life.

She was wracked with guilt and grief. In the process of all this, Daenera even lost Shira. They found her body at the end of the hallway covered in blood.

"Go away." She whispered to both Aemond and Daeron.