Family Dinner

Daenera sat at the dinner table with her husband and their children, enjoying a meal together as a family along with Alicent, Otto, Aegon, Helaena, Saera, and Tyland

"Come on, Daeron, you need to eat your vegetables," Daenera said, trying to coax him into taking a bite.

But Daeron shook his head and crossed his arms. "No, I don't want to," he protested.

She sighed, realizing that it was going to be a long night. She glanced over at her husband, who shrugged in response.

But , she was growing increasingly concerned about her youngest son. He sat there at her side, picking at his food and refusing to eat anything.

"Brother, maybe you should try spanking on your children." Saera said bitterly.

Before he could answer her, Daenera spoke up. "Mabye, you should focus on the affairs of your own marriage first before sharing your unwanted opinion."

Aemond snorted and continued eating. "What she said."

"Come now, my sweet boy," she coaxed. "You must eat something to grow big and strong like your father."

But Daeron simply shook his head and pouted, crossing his arms stubbornly.

Without a moment's hesitation, she scooped him up into her arms and grabbed some cloth to put over herself. She then pulled her dress down enough, only exposing one breast to her son. Daeron eagerly latched on, suckling contentedly as Daenera continued to converse with her Helaena.

The room went silent, and Saera's mouth flung open. "Can she do that?" Saera asked her mother angrily.

"I think it's hot." Aegon said.

"I don't see why, not sister. I still breastfeed Maelor, and he's three as well." Helaena said to her.

Aenys watched with a smirk as his younger brother suckled at their mother's breast during the family dinner. He couldn't resist the opportunity to tease him.

"Look at you, Daeron," Aenys said, grinning. "Still breastfeeding like a baby. When will you learn to eat like a grown-up?"

Daeron scowled and pushed Aenys away. "Shut up," he said, his voice muffled by his mother's breast and kicked his brother's leg.

Daenera shot Aenys a warning look, but he ignored it. "You're going to be the laughingstock of the kingdom if you keep this up," he continued. "What will the other lords and ladies think of you?"

Daeron's face turned red with anger. "I don't care what they think," he said, his voice rising. "I'll stop when I'm ready."

Aenys rolled his eyes. "Suit yourself, little brother," he said. "But don't come crying to me when everyone's laughing at you."

Daenera sighed and pulled Daeron closer to her, shielding him from Aenys' taunts. "Ignore him, my sweet," she said, stroking his hair. "You will stop when you're ready, and not a moment sooner."

Daeron nodded, still nursing at her breast. Aenys snickered and turned his attention back to his meal, but Daenera could see the hurt in her younger son's eyes.

She knew that breastfeeding a three-year-old was unconventional, but she also knew that every child was different. Daeron was still a baby in many ways, and she would not force him to grow up before he was ready.

Later that night, Aemond sat on the edge of the bed in his chambers, his head in his hands. He knew he had messed up, and he wanted to make things right with Daeron. He got up from the bed and walked over to Daeron, who was sitting on the floor, playing with a set of wooden blocks.

"Hey," Aemond said, kneeling down beside his son. "I'm sorry I yelled at you earlier. That wasn't right. Can we be friends again?"

Daeron looked up at his father. He hesitated for a moment before nodding his head.

Aemond smiled and picked up a block, trying to engage Daeron in conversation. "What are you building there, son?"

Daeron didn't answer, still too scared to speak to his father.

Aemond tried again. "Do you want to build something together? We can make a castle or a fort. What do you think?"

He looked up at his father, his eyes wide with fear. He shook his head, and a fresh wave of tears rolled down his cheeks.

Aemond felt his heart sink. He reached out to touch Daeron's shoulder, but the boy recoiled, crawling away from his father and hiding behind a pile of blocks.

"What's going on?" Daenera asked as she picked Daeron up.

"He hates me." Aemond mumbled.

She wiped his tears and placed him on his feet. "Go, I need to speak to your father." She told him.

"No, I want to stay," he whined, his lower lip trembling.

She sighed, kneeling down to his level. "I have to talk to your father, sweetie. It won't take long, I promise."

But Daeron refused to let go, clinging tightly to her skirts as tears streamed down his face.

The Handmaiden, who had been standing nearby, stepped forward. "Shall I take Daeron, your grace?"

Daenera nodded. "Please. He won't let go."

The Handmaiden gently lifted Daeron into her arms, but the boy continued to cry, his arms reaching out towards his mother.

She forced herself to turn away, her heart breaking as she heard her son's cries echo down the hallway.

Daenera handed a scroll to Aemond with a small smile.

"What is this?" he asked, his voice low.

"It's a letter from my brother," she replied, trying to keep her voice steady.

Aemond raised an eyebrow. "The same brother who disowned you?"

Daenera nodded. "Yes, that one. He's invited us to Winterfell."

He leaned back in his chair, his expression unreadable. "And what does he want?"

"He wants to make amends," she said, her eyes meeting his. "He knows there's been bad blood between our families, but he's willing to put that aside for the good of the realm."

"He hurt you, and you forgave him?"

"May I remind you Saera kidnapped our child, and she's still breathing only because she is your sister."

Aemond studied her for a moment, then sighed. "Very well. We'll go to Winterfell."

Daenera felt a weight lift off her shoulders. She had been dreading this conversation, fearing that Aemond would refuse to go. But now, it seemed, there was hope for peace between the Starks and the Targaryens.

"Thank you," she said, a small smile spreading across her face.

As she turned to leave, she heard a faint sound behind her. Looking back, she saw Daeron peeking around the doorframe, his eyes red from crying.

"Mama," he whimpered, holding out his arms.

She hurried over to him, scooping him up into her arms. "It's okay, sweetie. Mama's here."

Aemond watched them for a moment, a hint of sadness in his eyes. "Go. Take care of him. It's fine. And... good luck with your brother."

With that, he turned away, leaving Daenera and Daeron alone.