Oh brother

The next morning, Daenera had snuck back into her chambers after spending the night with Prince Aemond, her heart still racing with the thrill of their forbidden passion. She had barely managed to slip into bed when she heard a sound that made her blood run cold.

Footsteps.

She froze, barely daring to breathe as the footsteps drew closer. She knew that she had been careless, that she should have been more careful, but it was too late now.

The door to her chambers burst open, and in strode her brother, Cregan Stark. His eyes blazed with fury as he took in the sight of Daenera in bed.

"What is the meaning of this?" he demanded, his voice cold and hard.

Daenera scrambled to her feet, her heart pounding with fear. "I-I don't know what you mean," she stammered.

"Don't play games with me, Daenera," Cregan snapped. "I saw you sneaking back into your chambers just now, and I know who you were with."

Daenera's eyes widened, realizing that she had been caught. She knew that he would disapprove of her relationship with Aemond, seeing as they weren't married, but she had never expected him to confront her like this.

"I-I'm sorry," she said, her voice trembling. "It won't happen again."

Cregan's eyes narrowed, and he took a step closer to her. "You think that you can behave like a common whore and get away with it?" he spat. "You are a lady, Daenera, and you will act like one."

She felt a surge of anger at his words, but she knew better than to voice it. Instead, she lowered her head and muttered an apology.

Cregan glared at her for a moment longer, then turned on his heel and strode out of the room, slamming the door behind him.

She sank back onto the bed, tears streaming down her face. She couldn't stand when her family yelled at her. She was good at standing up for herself but not when it came to her family.

Daenera sat alone in her chambers, tears streaming down her face.

As she sat there, she heard a gentle scratching at the door. She wiped her tears and called out, "Come in."

The door creaked open, and in walked Shira. The wolf padded over to her side and nuzzled her gently, sensing her distress.

Daenera leaned into Shira's soft fur, burying her face in the wolf's neck. She let out a deep sigh and began to cry once more, her body shaking with the intensity of her emotions.

Shira didn't move, didn't flinch, didn't judge. She simply stayed by Daenera's side, offering her presence and comfort. She licked the tears from her friend's face, and the two of them sat in silence for a while, lost in their own thoughts.

Eventually, Daenera began to calm down. She sat up and looked at Shira, grateful for the wolf's unwavering support. She scratched behind Shira's ears, and the wolf let out a contented sigh.

"Thank you, Shira," Daenerys whispered. "You always know just what I need."

Shira licked her hand and pressed her head against her thigh as if to say, "I'll always be here for you." Daenera smiled through her tears, feeling a renewed sense of strength and determination. With Shira at her side, she knew she could face anything. She needed to tell Maegor what happened with Aemond. She was still confused about the feelings she shared for both of them, but if it were her, she'd want to know.

____________

Meanwhile, Saera entered Prince Maegors chambers.

"Princess." He said stunned but annoyed. "What do I owe the pleasure?"