Seeds of War

______________

SEVERAL WEEKS LATER
______________

Daenera was still in Winterfell due to her having to take over responsibilities because of her brother's neglect. He was taking their fathers death the hardest. She had a million things on her plate, and all she wanted was to see Aemond again. The only reason he was not there was because of the tension between their two houses. Cregan was still angry at Daenera for choosing Aemond over the family and spent his time avoiding her as much as possible.

She sat in her chambers, her thoughts racing as she stared out the window at the snow falling softly outside. She couldn't shake the feeling that something was different, that something had changed inside her.

It had been several weeks since she last saw Aemond, and she couldn't help but wonder if she was pregnant with his child. After all, they were very careless.

She stood up and walked over to her vanity, looking at herself in the mirror. She placed her hand over her stomach, trying to feel any sign of life within her. Daenera couldn't shake the feeling that something was different. She felt tired all the time, and her stomach had started to growl at odd times throughout the day. She knew she couldn't ignore the signs any longer, and she decided to seek out the help of a maester.

As she made her way to the maester's chambers, her heart was pounding in her chest. She didn't know what to expect, but she knew that whatever the maester told her, it would change her life forever.

When she arrived at the maester's chambers, she was greeted by a kind old man with a gentle smile. She explained her symptoms to him, and he immediately knew what was wrong.

"You're pregnant, my lady," he said softly.

Daenera's heart skipped a beat. She had been right all along. She was carrying Aemond's child.

Tears filled her eyes as she realized the magnitude of what this meant. She was a Stark, and he was a Targaryen. Their families aren't exactly on the best of terms, and if Cregan was mad at her before, he'd definitely be furious now, and now she was carrying his child.

But as she placed her hand over her stomach, she knew that none of that mattered. She had a life growing inside her, a life that was a part of her and Aemond. She knew that no matter what, she would do everything in her power to protect her child and give it the best life possible. She still feared what their families would do once they found out.

One thing she did know is that it was time for her and Shira to go back to King's landing. For good this time.

Daenera made arrangements with the few lords she trusted to ensure that Winterfell would be taken care of. The only thing she couldn't do was tell Cregan. He'd probably lock here to make sure that her "problem" could be dealt with in private, so instead, she left him a goodbye note and invited him to her wedding as well.

_________________

As Daenera made her way back to King's Landing, her heart raced with anticipation. She had missed Aemond terribly while she was gone, and she couldn't wait to surprise him with her return.

As she entered the city gates, Daenera could feel her pulse quicken with excitement. She searched for him desperately, and finally, she spotted him Aemond, standing near the steps of the Red Keep. His back was turned to her, but she knew it was him by the way he stood, tall and proud, even from a distance.

Daenera took a deep breath and called out his name. Aemond turned at the sound of her voice, and his eye widened in shock and joy as he saw her standing there before him.

Without a word, Aemond ran towards her, his arms outstretched. She met him halfway, and they embraced each other tightly, holding on as if afraid to let go.