The Lies You Tell

Daenera sat her desk, her eyes fixed on the letter in front of her. It was from her brother. She hesitated for a moment before breaking the seal and beginning to read.

"Dear Daenera," the letter began, "I hope this letter finds you well. I write to you today to apologize for my past actions and to make amends for the pain that I have caused you."

Her heart quickened as she read on, her hands trembling slightly. She had never expected to receive an apology from Cregan.

"I know that I have been a terrible brother to you," the letter continued. "I regret deeply the way that I treated you and the pain that I caused you. I was blinded by my own ambitions and my desire for power, and I failed to see the value in the love that you had found."

She felt a lump form in her throat as she read those words. She had always known that Cregan had been ambitious, but she had never realized the extent of his blindness.

"I hope that you can find it in your heart to forgive me," the letter concluded. "I know that I cannot undo the past, but I promise to do everything in my power to make things right between us. I hope that one day we can be the family that we were meant to be."

Tears filled her eyes as she folded the letter and placed it back on the desk. She had not expected to hear from Cregan, let alone receive an apology from him. But now that she had, she felt a glimmer of hope that perhaps their relationship could be mended.

She took a deep breath and picked up a quill, determined to respond to her brother's letter. It was time to begin the process of healing the wounds of the past, and she was ready to do whatever it took to make that happen.

After she wrote the letter, she realized there wasn't any wax to seal it with, so she got up and headed to Aemond's room. Just as she was about to enter, she heard Aemond speaking to his brother.

"Oh you're fucked." Aegon joked.

"It's not funny. I'm torn between my sister and my wife."

"Honestly, brother, you should've told her when you found out." Aegon told him.

"Thank you, brother, for once again, you have proven to be completely useless."

Daenera stood there secretly listening she was confused about what they were talking about. She took a deep breath and pushed open the door. Aemond immediately tensed up as she talked in.

"Sorry to disturb you, husband, but I need some wax to seal this." She said with a small smile.

Aemond cleared his throat and grabbed the wax on his table, and handed it to her. "Who are you writing to?"

"My brother, but we can talk about that later." She said to him.

"Yes, we should talk about something later."

Daenera glanced at Aegon, who looked extremely uncomfortable and walked out. What was Aemond keeping from her?

Later that night Daenera sat on the edge of her bed reading a book in high Valyrian, she knew how important high Valyrian is to the Targaryen dynasty and she wanted to one day teach her and understand her children.

She heard a knock on the door and turned to see Aemond standing in the doorway. His face was tense, and she could tell that something was bothering him.

"What's wrong?" she asked.

He hesitated for a moment before speaking. "There's something I need to tell you," he said. "Something about the kidnapping."

Daenera felt a sense of dread wash over her. "What is it?" she asked.

"Before the Aenys was returned, I confronted Saera because I knew she had something to do with it, and the next day, the baby was returned." He explained.