Chapter Seventy

Iris’s P.O.V
After everything went away, I noticed I was back to reality when I heard Bellatrix helping someone get up and I decided to keep my eyes closed and stayed still before someone walked up to Harry and I, “the twins, are they dead?” I heard Bellatrix ask before hearing Draco’s mother speak up after feeling her lean over us, “is he alive? Draco, is he alive?” she asked and I slightly nodded before hearing her stand up before she spoke up, “dead.” She told them and I was surprised that she covered for us and lied to Voldemort about us being dead and soon enough, I felt myself being lifted up and floated to wherever we were going. After a while, I began to hear things move and fall before thinking that we might be back at Hogwarts before slightly hearing Ginny speak up confirming where we were before Voldemort spoke up, “Harry and Iris Potter is dead'' he said to everyone before hearing Ginny scream out, “Silence, stupid girl. Harry and Iris Potter are dead. From this day forth you put your faith in me.” he said to them and there was a moment of silence before he spoke up again, “Harry and Iris Potter are dead.” he said again and his followers laughed, “and now is the time to declare yourself. Come forward and join us or die.” he said to them and no one did anything before hearing Draco's parents speak up, “Draco. Draco.” his father said as he called out to him, “Draco, come.” his mother said and there was a moment before he spoke up to them, “no. I’m done doing what you want. I’d rather die than live without her. She was the only one who was there for me through everything you’ve put me through and she saw past what everyone said about me. I’m sorry but I can’t keep living like this anymore.” he said to them and I felt proud that he stood up to them, “then you are out of this family.” his father said to him before hearing someone else walk up, “well I must say I hoped for better.” Voldemort said as his followers laughed, “and who might you be, young man?” Voldemort asked them, “Neville Longbottom.” he said, “well Neville I’m sure we can find a place for you in our ranks” Voldemort said before Neville spoke up, “I’d like to say something.” he said, “well, Neville I’m sure we’d all be fascinated to hear what you have to say.” Voldemort said to him, “it doesn’t matter that Harry and Iris are gone.” Neville began before Seamus said something, “stand down Neville.” he said to him before Neville continued, “people die every day. Friends, Family yeah. We lost Harry and Iris tonight but they’re still with us, in here. So is Fred, Remus, Tonks, all of them. They didn’t die in vain but you will because you’re wrong. Harry and Iris’s hearts did beat for us, for all of us and it’s not over.” Neville said and I gasped before I eventually fell to the ground before getting up, “surprise bitches.” I said to them, “Cafringo.” Harry and I said as the spell hit the snake before hitting the other’s behind it before Harry and I ran as Voldemort fired spells at us before we eventually saw most of his Followers leave while some stayed as we eventually made it back into the Castle, “we’ll lure him into the Castle. We have to kill the snake” Harry told them, “you’ll need this.” we heard Hermione say before Neville got in the way before he was sent flying before Harry and I separated from the other’s.

After a few moments, everything was quiet as we kept an eye out of Voldemort before we heard something, causing Harry to cast something as it ended up hitting the wall before we ran again before hiding at the stairs before I took a glimpse to see Voldemort walking up the stairs before I looked at Harry and nodded at him before he ran into Voldemort’s view and I had done the same before the both of us started fighting him as we blocked his attacks before he Apparated before he appeared behind us before he continued and we managed to hold his attack before the Snake came from behind us before we managed to use the attack to hit the stairs from above us causing it to fall before Harry had the Basilisk fang in his hand and before we could do anything, we managed to get away just as Voldemort continued to attack us, “we can’t get to the snake with him on our asses.” I said to him, “I figured as much.” he said to me before the both of us ended up at the Astronomy Tower before Voldemort appeared and continued to fight us before the bridge below us fell and the both of us landed on the ground and as we tried to get away, something took ahold of us as it soon wrapped around our necks and I struggled to breath before he eventually let us go before hitting us both in the face before he began to physically beat us, “you were right-” Harry began to say before Voldmort hit him again, “when you told Professor Snape that Wand was failing you, it will always fail you.” Harry said to him as he continued to fight us, “I killed Snape.” he said to us, “it never belonged to him. He didn’t disarm Dumbledore the night he killed him.” I told him, “she’s right, what if its allegiance is with someone else?” Harry asked him, “Come on Tom, let’s finish this the way we started it.” I said to him “together” Harry said before the both of us grabbed onto him before we fell off the ledge before we started flying around the Castle before the three of us eventually landed on the ground and I struggled to get up as I tried to get to my wand along with Harry and as soon as we did before Harry and I started fighting Voldemort together and held it out for a while before something happened and Harry and I looked at each other, “the Snake.” I told him before we looked back at Voldemort before we continued and it didn’t last long before we stopped what we were doing before something began to happen to Voldemort before Harry caught the Elder Wand before we saw Voldemort slowly turn to ash before Harry and I stood up before looking at each other before we hugged each other, “we did it.” I said to him, “we won.” he said to me before we went into the Castle and I saw Draco standing there and I smiled a little before I ran up to him and hugged him, “I thought I lost you.” he said to me, “you’ll never lose me.” I said to me before I looked at him and kissed him before the both of us got something to drink before we sat with the others for a while and I talked with Ginny before we saw Harry walk by and I smiled at him, “never do something like that again.” he said to me, “I promise.” I said to him before he kissed the top of my head and we spent time together and the others for a while, “you know, I think my family still has that Summer home that we haven’t used in a while. If you want, would you want to live with me there?” he said to me and I looked at him, “what about Harry?” I asked him, “he can stay of course if he wants to. That is if he doesn’t have plans to stay with the Weasley’s for a while.” he said to me, “I’ll talk to him about it.” I told him and I walked up to Harry and talked to him about everything and he decided to stay with the Weasley’s for a while.

It has been a few days since everything happened and both Draco and I managed to settle into the house

the both of us spent a lot of time together before he spoke up about something, “hey, I just realized we never had a first date

the both of us spent a lot of time together before he spoke up about something, “hey, I just realized we never had a first date. Would you want to go on a date with me?” he said to me and I smiled a little, “yeah, that would be night.” I said to him, “ok, where would you want to go or do?” He asked me, “how about something simple.” I said to him, “alright, anything you have in mind?” he asked, “how about we go for a strole or something.” I said to him, “Sounds good to me.” He said to me before he kissed me before I got changed before he walked into the room and I smiled a little before he spoke up, “are you ready to go?” he asked me and I nodded, “yeah, let’s go.” I said to him before the both of us Apparated to an Alleyway in London and once we walked out, the both of us walked around for a while as we held hands and the both of us ended up at a Coffee Shop before we walked in and sat down together, “I’ve never been to one of these before. Are they any good?” he asked me, “yeah, they’re pretty good. Have you ever had coffee before?” I said to him and he shook his head, “seriously?” I asked him, “surprisingly enough, yeah, I never had any.” he said to me, “well, there’s many options to choose from, there’s just regular coffee and you can put a certain about of what you want in it and there’s also cappuccinos, espresso and many others.” I said to him, “bloody hell.” he said to me before someone walked up to us, “are you guys ready to order?” She asked us, “I’ll get a Cappuccino please.” I told her as she wrote it down before looking at Draco, “I’ll have the same please.” he said to her, “alright, I’ll be back with your drinks.” she said before walking away and the both of us continued to talk and hang out and the woman came back with our drinks, “is there anything else that I could get for you guys?” she asked us, “I’m good thank you.” I said to her, “no thanks.” Draco said to her before she walked away before he took a sip and it looked like he was thinking about it, “so, how is it?” I asked him, “I rather enjoy this.” he said and I smiled a little as we continued to talk for a while and after a while, we noticed someone standing and when I looked to see who it was, I was surprised to see Aunt Petunia.