Chapater Thirty Eight

Iris’s P.O.V
After finding out about Barty Crouch Jr, Dumbledore had taken Harry and I to the Hospital Wing and the both of us just sat on the beds and I just thought about everything that had happened within the last few hours before I heard someone call my name as the nurses checked on Harry and I before I looked up to see that it was Draco just as the nurses were finished and I stood up and walked over to him, “are you alright?” he asked me before I pushed him, “what was that for?” he asked me, “your father is a bloody Death Eater. He’s sided with Voldemort, that’s what that was for.” I told him, “what are you talking about? Voldemort’s dead.” he said to me, “well not anymore. The bloody git is back. No thanks to them.” I said to him before I felt someone grabbing my arm before I yanked it away, “I trusted you.” I said to him, “I loved you.” I whispered to him, “Iris, let it go.” Harry said to me, “stay out of this Potter.” Draco said to him, “he has every right to be in this. Besides, this conversation is over.” I said before walking out of the Hospital Wing and after a few moments, I heard Harry speak up, “are you alright?” he asked me, “I will be when this is over. I want Voldemort dead.” I said to him, “agreed but that will take time.” he said to me, “I don’t care how long it takes.” I said to him before we stopped in front of the Slytherin Common Room, “then we do it together.” he said to me as I nodded, “then let’s make sure we do it right.” I said to him before I made it into the Common Room before I went straight to my dorm and got some clothes to change into along with a towel and robe before I went to the bathrooms to get cleaned up and before I made it there, Draco stopped me, “I have nothing to say to you.” I said to him, “I know. I know you hate me but I swear I didn’t know.” he told me and I really wanted to believe him but at the same time I couldn’t, “can we talk about this later? I just want to forget about it for the time being.” I told him before he let go of me and sighed, “alright, I’ll be in the Common Room alright.” he said to me and I nodded before I walked away and made it to the bathrooms and just sat in the tub after getting undressed and tried forgetting about everything before I broke down in tears and once I managed to calm down, I got myself cleaned up before I got out and dried myself off before getting dressed and once I was done, I made my way back to the Common Room for the night and as soon as I walked into the Common Room, I noticed Draco sitting on the couch as I froze in my tracks before he noticed me, “can we talk now?” he asked me, “let me put my stuff away first.” I said before doing so before I went back down to the Common Room before sitting down next to him, “are you alright?” he asked me, “could be better.” I told him, “I swear to you that I didn’t know about any of this. Now I know why he’s been leaving the house without an explanation.” he said to me, “that’s probably why he had us leave before everything happened at the World Cup last summer.” I mentioned to him, “I forgot about that.” he said to me, “you know, now that he’s back, this is the first time that I’m genuinely scared for my life. Harry and I were just lucky the first time because our mother protected us from it before. But now that she’s not, I’m scared that it won’t be enough this time.” I told him before he hugged me before I started crying again, “I know, you’ll have me to help you alright.” he said to me, “it’s going to take time for me to see past what your father is before trusting you again.” I said to him, “I understand. So for that, why don’t we take a break alright.” he said to me and I nodded, “maybe take a few months before anything serious happens between the both of us alright.” I told him before he kissed my forehead, “I will always love no matter what.” he said to me, “and I you.” I said to him before we shared a kiss before the both of us just talked for a while as I told him everything that had happened before getting back before the both of us had gone to bed for the night.

It was the next day and Dumbledore had everyone meet in the Great Hall and once everyone made it there and I sat next to Harry and held his hand the entire time we were there as there was a moment of silence before Dumbledore finally spoke up to everyone, “today we acknowledge a really terrible loss. Cedric Diggory was, as you all know, exceptionally hard working, infinitely fair minded and most importantly a fierce, fierce friend. Now I think therefore you have the right to know exactly how he died. You see, Cedric Diggory was Murdered by Lord Voldemort. The Ministry of Magic does not wish me to tell you this but not to do so, I think, would be an insult to his memory. Now the pain that we all feel at this dreadful loss reminds me, reminds us that while we may come from different places and speak in different tongues, our hearts beat as one. In light of recent events, the bonds of friendships we made this year are more important than ever, remember that and Cedric Diggory would not have died in vain. You remember that and we’ll celebrate a boy who was kind and honest, brave and True right to the very end.” he said to everyone and after a while, he dismissed everyone before most of them had gone outside and say goodbye to the other two schools and I gone straight to my dorm to pack my things before I just sat there and thought to myself before I heard someone speak up, “Hey Iris, Draco wants to speak to you.” Pansy said to me before he sat down next to me, “how are you holding up?” he asked me and I shrugged a little, “I don’t know, still trying to grasp it all I guess. It’s going to take some time for me to do so anyways.” I told him, “I know. If you need anything though, you could always write to me over the summer alright.” he said to me and I nodded, “alright, I appreciate that. It would be nice to talk to someone other than Harry all summer. Although it is better than talking to our cousin Dudley.” I told him and we both chuckled a little, “is he that bad? Your cousin I mean.” he asked me and I sighed, “his parents spoiled him growing up. Made him think the way they do about Harry and I so thy treated us differently because of what we are. They think we’re freaks to be honest.” I said to him, “well, you’re no freak to me. I think you’re more than that.” he told me and I smiled a little, “thanks. I know you’re not like your father even though most people think otherwise. They just haven’t seen the real you.” I told him, “now that I’ve met you, I don’t want to think like them anymore. I see that Halfbloods and Mudbloods aren’t so different from us in certain ways if you think about it.” he told me, “I’m glad you think that. Although I understand what they're saying, I just don’t like the way they’re portraying it.” I told him, “that’s understandable.” he said to me and the both of us continued to talk as I continued to pack my things.

After talking with Draco, the both of us left the Common Room and eventually made it outside and I soon noticed Harry before I walked over to him, “how are you holding up?” I asked him, “alright I guess.” he said to me as we watched everyone say goodbye to each other before Ron and Hermione came over to us, “do you think we’ll ever just have a quiet year at Hogwarts?” Ron asked us, “Doubt it?” I told him, “no” Harry and Hermione said, “no? Didn’t think so. Oh well, what’s life without a few dragons?” Ron said to us and just as we started walking away, we noticed Hermione wasn’t following before we turned to face her before she spoke up, “everything is going to change now isn’t it?” she asked us before Harry walked up to her, “yes” he said to her, “Promise you’ll write this summer. All three of you?” she said to us, “I won’t. You know I won’t.” Ron told her, “why don’t I find that surprising.” I said to them and we chuckled a little, “Harry and Iris will, won’t you?” she said to us, “yeah, every week” he said to her, “I’ll see that he does.” I said to her and we laughed a little before we made it to a balcony as we watched the two schools leave and we stayed there for a while before we all had just done our own thing before we all had gone to the Great Hall for dinner that night and once we made it there, I sat with Draco and the others throughout dinner as we all talked and at as it made me forget about everything for a while before we left the Great Hall after dinner was over and made it back to the Common Room for the night and once everyone had gone to bed for the night, it was just me in the Common Room as I sat on the couch and thought to myself about everything before I noticed Draco sit down next to me and I smiled a little, “what made you come down here?” I asked him, “I noticed you didn't go to bed and it was bothering me that something might be wrong.” He told me, “don’t worry, nothing is wrong. I was just thinking about everything, that’s all.” I told him, “alright then. What are you thinking about then?” he asked me and I thought about it as I let out a sigh, “a lot of things. One of them being Voldemort.” I told him, “I doubt he would win a second time.” he told me, “how do you know that? What if he does succeed this time? Then what?” I asked him, “I won’t let that happen and I’m sure I’m not the only one either.” He said to me, “I hope so because I‘m not ready to die and I don’t think I ever will be.” I said to him, “Are any of us really ready to die?” he asked me, “that depends who you’re talking about” I said to him and we continued to talk for a while longer before going to bed for the night.