Chapter Twenty Eight

Iris’s P.O.V
I finally started waking up to see that I was in the Hospital Wing and looked around to see that Harry was still knocked out, “how is he?” I asked Hermione as I noticed her sitting next to him, “he’s fine. He should be waking up soon.” she told me as I sat up just before Harry started waking up as well, “I saw our dad.” Harry said to us, “what are you talking about? That’s impossible.” I said to him, “he sent the Dementors away. We saw him across the lake.” Harry told us, “Harry, that could have been anyone.” I told him before Hermione spoke up, “listen you two, they’ve captured Sirius. Any minute the Dementor’s are going to perform the Kiss.” she told us, “what?” I questioned her, “you mean they're going to kill him?” Harry said to her as he quickly got up, “no, it’s worse. Much worse. They’re going to suck out his soul.” Hermione told us, “that’s still killing him.” I said to her before Dumbledore walked into the Hospital Wing, “Headmaster, you’ve got to stop them, they’ve got the wrong man.” Hermione told him, “it’s true sir, Sirius is Innocent.” Harry told him and before I spoke up, Ron beat me to it, “it’s Scabbers who did it.” he said to Dumbldore, “Scabbers?” he questioned. “He’s my rat sir, he’s not really a rat, well he was a rat, he was my brother Percy’s rat but then they gave him an Owl.” he said to Dumbledore before Hermione spoke up, “which is we know the truth, please believe us.” Hermione said, “I do Miss. Granger, but I’m sorry to say that the words of four thirteen year old Wizards will convince few others. The child’s voice, however honest and true, is meaningless to those who have forgotten how to listen.” he said to us before the bell started ringing, “mysterious thing time. Powerful but when meddled with, dangerous. Sirius Black is in the top most cell of the Dark Tower. You know the Laws Miss. Granger, you must not be seen and you will do well I feel to return before this last chim. If not, the consequences are too ghastly to discuss. If you succeed tight, more than one innocent life can be spared. Three turns should do it.” Dumbledore said before he made his way to the door and before he closed it, he spoke up again, “by the way, when in doubt I find retracing my steps to be a wise place to begin.” he said before leaving, “what in the bloody hell was that all about?” Ron asked us, “sorry Ron but seeing as you can’t walk.” Hermione mentioned before she put a necklace around mine and Harry’s necks before she twisted something before something began to happen before seeing everyone around us change before it all stopped, “what just happened? Where’s Ron?” Harry asked, “I think we just went back in time.” I said to him, “7:30. Where were we at 7:30?” Hermione asked us, “I don’t know, going to Hagrid’s” Harry told her, “Come on and we can’t be seen.” she said to us before we ran out of the room and made it outside before we made it across the bridge, “Hermione, can you please tell us what it is we’re doing?” Harry asked her before we began to see what happened earlier today, “this is not normal” Harry said before Hermione moved him away, “when was anything we do normal?” I said to him, “this is a Time Turner Harry. McGonagall gave it to me first term, this is how I’ve been getting to my lessons all year.” Hermione said to us, “you mean, we’ve gone back in time?” Harry asked her, “yes. Dumbledore obviously wanted us to return to this moment.clearly something happened he wants us to change.” Hermione said to us, “You think it might be Buckbeak.” I said to her, “maybe.” she said as we continued to watch what was going on before seeing Hermione punch Draco in the face and I winced a little, “good punch.” Harry said to her, “thanks.” she said to him, “I will be surprised if he doesn’t tell his father about this.” I said to them before we noticed them running in our direction, “Malfoy’s coming.” Hermione said before we went to hide as they rushed past us before we watched ourselves make our way to Hagrid’s as Harry, Hermione and myself kept our distance as we followed, “look, Buckbeak still alive.” Harry mentioned, “of course, remember what Dumbldore said? If we succeed, more than one innocent life can be spared. Iris was right, it is Buckbeak.” she said to us before we continued to follow.