Chapter Thirty Nine

Iris’s P.O.V
It was the next day and I was making sure that I had everything packed and ready to go before I left the dorm and walked out of the Common Room with Draco and the others as we made our way to the train and once we made it there and got on and throughout the ride back to London, both Draco and I just talked the entire time before we made it to the platform in London and once everyone started getting off, Draco stopped me as he grabbed onto my arm, “what is it?” I asked him, “if anything happens, anything at all. Write to me and I’ll see what I can do. I wouldn’t bear not knowing whether or not you’re safe.” he said to me and I smiled a little, “I will, I promise.” I said to him before I kissed his cheek, “one more thing, I know we said we were going to take a break but I’m already losing it when I’m not with you, so what I’m saying is, can we get back together?” he said to me and I smiled a little, “alright, let’s give it another shot.” I said to him before he kissed me, “I love you.” he said to me, “I love you too.” I said to him before the both of us got off the train and both Harry and I eventually made it home and once we did, the both of us made it to our room and unpacked our things before the both of us were called downstairs and were told to do a few things before we did what we were told and once we were done, both Harry and I just spent most of our night in our room and just talked about everything for a while until it got late and both Harry and I got ready for bed that night after dinner and I was the only one awake and I just sat there looking out of the window thinking to myself before I started getting tired and eventually went to bed for the night.

Draco’s P.O.V
Once I made it home with mother and father, I had been thinking about wanting to talk to him about what Iris had told me before I finally had the courage to speak up to him about it, “Father, can I talk to you for a second?” I asked him, “Of course, son. Let’s talk in the study shall we.” he said to me before we walked into the room, “now what is it that you wanted to talk about?” he asked me, “Iris. She told me what happened the night he came back. Is it true?” I said to him and he just sat there at his desk staring at me before he finally spoke up, “yes it is true Draco but you mustn't say anything to anyone.” he said to me, “fine but if you do anything to her you’ll have to go through me first.” I said to him before he stood up and stood in front of me, “you are infatuated with the Potter girl aren’t you? Maybe it was a mistake having her here when we invited her to the World Cup then maybe your feelings would be different.” he said to me, “what makes you think my feelings for her started then?” I said to him, “you will do well to stay away from that filthy Half Blood. Do you understand me?” he said to me, “whatever you say.” I said to him before I walked out of the room and went to mine to see that my things were already there before I suddenly punched the wall as I thought about what father said to me earlier knowing I just got back with her, I can’t lose her now. Later that day, I had been in my room the entire time before I heard someone knock on the door before they walked in, “Draco dear, dinner is ready.” Mother said to me, “I’m not hungry.” I said to her as I looked out of the window, “what’s the matter darling.” She said to me, “I don’t want to talk about it.” I said to her before she sat next to me, “talk to me.” she said to me, “why should I? You would just take father’s side anyways.” I said to her, “well, that depends on what it’s about.” she said to me, “what would you say if it had something to do with Iris.” I said to her, “well, I don’t mind if the two of you are friends. Although, I do prefer you to end up with someone of Pureblood status.” she said to me, “that’s what I thought. So no, I’m not going to tell you what it’s about.” I said to her, “fine, but at least come down for dinner.” she said to me before she walked out of the room and I let out a sigh before doing the same and ended up in the dining room and had dinner as none of us said a word to each other and once dinner was over that night, I just spent the rest of the night in my room, thinking about her.