Chapter Forty One

Iris’s P.O.V
It was the next day and I eventually woke up and got changed before heading downstairs to see Mrs. Weasley finishing up with cooking breakfast before I sat down next to Harry and once we were done eating, both Harry and I left with Mr. Weasley as we made our way to the Ministry and we eventually made it to the Subway and Mr. Weasley tried walking through before Harry managed to show him how it works before we walked through ourselves before getting on the train and got to where we needed to be, “here we are. I’ve never used the visitors entrance before.” Mr. Weasley said to us before we managed to fit in the Telephone booth, “I’ll just got my Muggle Money.” he said before he put it in before something began to happen as we started going down before we made it to the Ministry of Magic before the three of us managed to get on the elevator, “good morning Arthur.” someone said, “good morning Bob.” Mr. Weasley said to him, “Interdepartmental Memos. We used to use Owls, the mess was unbelievable.” Mr. Weasley told Harry and I not long before Kingsley managed to make his way in, “Merlin's Beard. Thank you Kingsley.” Mr. Weasly said, “what is it?” I asked him wondering, “they've changed the time of your hearing” he told us, “when is it?” Harry asked him, “in Five Minutes.” he said to us and I sighed a little, “let's just hope this goes well then.” I said to Harry and we eventually made it to our stop and got off before we stopped as we noticed the Minister talking with Draco’s father as there was an awkward silence as they notice us standing there before we continued making our way to where we needed to be before we got there, “remember, during the Hearing, speak only when you're spoken to. Keep calm, neither of you have done anything wrong. As the Muggles say, truth will out. yes?” Mr. Weasley told us, “Sure, but that’s what you think. They think otherwise.” I told him, “I’m not allowed in, I'm afraid. Good luck to the both of you.” Mr. Weasley said to us, “thanks, I think we’re going to need it.” I said to him before we walked into the room before we were seated before they started the Hearing, “disciplinary Hearing of the 12th of August into offenses committed by Harry James Potter and Iris Lily Potter residences at Number 4 Privet Drive, Little Whinging Surrey. Interrogators, Cornelius Oswald Fudge, Minister for Magic-” he said before he was cut off by Dumbledore, “Witness for the Defence. Albus Percival Wolfric Brian Dumbledore.” Dumbledore said to them, “you got our message that the time and place of the Hearing had been changed did you?” the Minister asked, “I must have missed it, but by a happy mistake I arrived at the Ministry 3 hours early. Charges?” Dumbldore said to him, “The Charges against the accused are as follows that they did, knowingly and in full awareness of the legality of their actions, Produced a Patronus Charm in the presence of a Muggle. Do either of you deny producing said Patronus?” The Minister said, “no” I said, “no but-” Harry began to say before the Minister cut him off, “were you aware that you are forbidden to use Magic outside school while under the age of 17?” The Minister said to us, “yes but-” Harry tried to say before he was cut off again, “Witches and Wizards of the Wizardingmont-” the Minister said before Harry finally got to say what he needed to, “we were only doing it because of the Dementor’s.” Harry said to them, “Dementors? In little Whinging?” one of them questioned, “yeah, they came out of nowhere and attacked us so we did what we had to.” I said to them, “that’s quite clever. Muggles can’t see Dementors, can they? Highly convenient” the Minister said to us, “we’re not lying, there were three of them and if we hadn’t-” Harry said before the Minister stopped him, “enough. I’m sorry to interrupt what I’m sure was a very well rehearsed story but since neither of you can produce any witnesses of the event.” The Minister said before Dumbledore spoke up, “pardon me Minister but as it happens we can.” he said to him before Mrs. Fig walked into the room and both Harry and I sat off to the side before they started questioning her, “please describe the attack? What did they look like?” the woman asked, “well, one of them was very large, the other two rather skinny.” Mrs. Fig said, “not the children, the Dementors.” the Minister told her, “right, right, well big, cloaked. Then everything went cold as though all the happiness had gone from the world.” Mrs. Fig said to them, “Now look here Dementors don’t just wander into a Muggle superb and happen across a Witch and Wizard, the odds are astronomical.” The Minister said to everyone, “I don’t think anyone would believe the Dementors were there by coincidence, Minister.” Dumbledore mentioned to him before someone spoke up, “I’m sure I must misunderstood you Professor, Dementors are, after all, under the control of the Ministry of Magic, it’s so silly of me but it sounded, for a moment, as though you are suggesting that the Ministry had ordered the attack on the children.” The woman said, “that would be disturbing indeed madam undersecretary, which is why I’m sure the Ministry will be mounting a full scale inquiry into why the three Dementor’s were so very far from Azkaban and why they mounted undetected without authorization. Of course there is someone who might be behind the attack.” Dumbledore said before he walked up to the Minister and talked with him, “Cornelius, I employ you to see reason. The evidence that the Dark Lord has returned is incontrovertible.” Dumbledore told him, “he’s not back.” The Minister said to him, “In the matter of Harry and Iris Potter, the law clearly states that Magic may be used before Muggles in life threatening situations.” Dumbledore mentioned, “Laws can be changed if necessary Dumbledore.” the Minister said to him, “clearly it’s become practical to hold a full criminal trial to deal with a simple matter of underaged Magic.” Dumbledore told them, “those in favor of conviction?” the woman asked and a few of them, including the Minister, raised their hands, “those in favor of clearing the accused of all charges?” the woman said and the other’s who hadn’t raised their hands had done so, “cleared of all charges.” the Minister said and I smiled a little and Harry tried getting Dumbledore’s attention but he didn’t do anything but walk away.