Chapter Fourteen

Iris’s P.O.V
It was the next morning and after classes were over, I met in the girls' Lavatory with Harry, Ron and Hermione as she began to make the Polyjuice Potion as Harry and I told them what we had overheard the night before, “again? You mean, the Chamber of Secrets has been opened before?” Hermione asked us, “sounded like it.” I told her, “of course, didn’t you see? Lucius Malfoy must have opened it when he was at school here. And now he’s taught Draco how to do it.” Ron mentioned, “maybe, we’ll have to wait for the Polyjuice Potion to know for sure.” Hermione told him, “enlighten me, why are we brewing this Potion in broad daylight in the middle of the girls’ Lavatory. Don’t you think we’ll get caught?” Ron said to her, “no, no one ever comes in here.” she told him, “why?” Ron asked her, “Moaning Myrtle.” Hermione told him, “who?” Ron asked, “Moaning Myrtle.” Hermione and I said to him as she appeared behind Ron, “Who’s moaning Myrtle?” Ron asked before she spoke up, “I’m Moaning Myrtle. I wouldn’t expect you to know me. Who would ever talk about ugly, miserable, moping, moaning Myrtle.” she said before flying back into the toilet, “she’s a little sensitive.” Hermione told them, “I think she might be a little more than sensitive.” I said to her before the four of us had left the girls bathroom before we made it to the Great Hall where Professor Lockhart had managed to start this dueling club and I stood with Draco and the others as we talked before hearing Professor Lockhart speak up, “Gather around. Gather around. Can everybody see me? Can everybody hear me? In light of the dark events of recent weeks, Professor Dumbledore has granted me permission to start this little dueling club to train you all up in case you ever need to defend yourselves as I myself have done on countless occasions. For full details, see my published works.” he said to everyone, “he’s a bloody git I tell you.” I said to Draco and he chuckled a little before Professor Lockhart continued, “let me introduce my assistant, Professor Snape. He has sportingly agreed to help me with this short demonstration, now I don’t want any of you to worry you youngsters to worry, you’ll still have your Potions Master when I’m through with him, Never fear.” Professor Lockhart said before the both of them stood in front of each other before they started and eventually took a few steps away, “One… Two… Three-” and before he could do or say anything else, Snape spoke up, “Expelliarmus.” he said before he sent Professor Lockhart flying before he landed on his back and some of us laughed a little before he got up, “excellent Idea to show them that Professor Snape but if you don’t mind me saying, it was pretty obvious at what you were about to do and if I had wanted to stop you, it would have been nearly too easy.” Professor Lockhart said to him, “whatever.” I whispered to Draco and we laughed a little, “perhaps it would be too prudent to first teach the students to block unfriendly spells, Professor.” Snape told him before he spoke up about it, “excellent suggestion Professor Snape, let’s have a volunteer pair, Potter, Weasley, how about you.” Professor Lockhart said before Snape spoke up, “Weasley’s wand causes devastation even with the simplest spells, you would be sending Potter to the Hospital Wing in a match box. Might I suggest someone from my own house? His sister perhaps.” Snape said to him before he turned around and motioned for me to get up and I listened and got onto the platform and got my wand out and walked up to Harry and we copied what Snape and Professor Lockhart did, “sorry in advance.” I said to him, “no worries.” he said before we turned away and started taking a few steps away from each other, “on the count of three, cast your charm to disarm your opponent. Only to disarm, we don’t want any accidents here. One… Two… Three” Professor Lockhart said, “Expelliarmus.” I said and disarmed Harry as his wand flew out of his hand, “Rectumsempra.” Harry said, causing the spell to hit me and I eventually landed on my back before Snape helped me up before dragging Draco out and as soon as he stood in front of Harry, he spoke up, “Serpantsorcia.” He said before a snake came from his wand, “don’t move Potter, I’ll get rid of it for you.” Snape said as he walked past Draco, “allow me Professor Snape, Volatay Assendiay.” Professor Lockhart said but his spell didn’t do much as it jumped in the air before landing back on the ground before Harry started speaking in another language and realized that it was Parseltongue as it looked like he was trying to get the Snake to do something to one of the other Students before Snape decided to do something about it before the snake was gone, “what are you playing at?” the boy asked Harry but he said nothing before we were all dismissed from the Great Hall.