Chapter Fifty Five

Iris’s P.O.V
It was finally the night of Slughorn’s Christmas party and I was getting ready before I heard someone walk in and I looked through the mirror and saw that it was Draco before he walked up to me and helped me zip up my dress before I let him kiss my shoulder.

VIt was finally the night of Slughorn’s Christmas party and I was getting ready before I heard someone walk in and I looked through the mirror and saw that it was Draco before he walked up to me and helped me zip up my dress before I let him kiss ...

“you look beautiful.” he said to me and I smiled a little as he wrapped his arms around me, “now I wish I was able to come with you.” he said to me before I turned around in his arms to face him, “me to.” I said to him before he kissed me, “I shouldn’t keep you.” He said to me after he pulled away from the kiss, “I’ll see you later then.” I said to him and he nodded, “see you later.” he said before I kissed him one last time before I left the Common Room and both Blaise and I made it to Slughorn’s Christmas Party and throughout the entire time we were there, the both of us just talked before Mr. Filch dragged Draco into the room, “Professor Slughorn, I just discovered this boy lurking in an upstairs corridor. He claims to have been invited to your party.” Mr. Filch said, “ok, ok I was gate crashing. Happy?” Draco said to him before Snape walked up, “I’ll escort him out.” Snape said before Draco shoved Mr. Filch off before speaking up, “certainly” was all Draco said before the both of them walked out and Harry and I just looked at each other, “don’t do anything stupid.” I said to him before he walked out not long after and I eventually followed him before I eventually caught up with him just before we heard Snape and Draco, “I didn’t curse that Bell girl. They think I did it, what’s it to you?” Draco said, “I swore to Protect you. I made the Unbreakable Vow.” Snape said to him, “I don’t need protection. I was chosen for this, out of all the others, me. I won’t fail him.” Draco said to Snape, “you’re afraid Draco. You attempt to conceal it but it’s obvious, let me assist you.” Snape said, “no, I was chosen. This is my moment.” Draco said and I felt a tear slip down my cheek as we heard them walk away before hearing Harry speak up, “you knew about this didn’t you?” he asked me and I didn’t say anything, “Iris, what did he tell you?” he asked me before I looked at him, “he didn’t have a choice, I swear.” I told him as I started crying a little more, “he said otherwise.” he said to me, “he told me Voldemort wanted him to do something but he didn’t say what it was.” I told him as I kept out the thing Voldemort wanted him to do, “are you sure?” he asked me and I nodded, “yes I’m sure.” I said before I broke down, “alright, I believe you.” he said to me before he hugged me, “I’m sorry, I was scared to tell you, I didn’t want you to do something to him.” I said to Harry, “what do you mean by that?” he asked me and I just looked at him and it took me a moment to answer him, “we’re dating. I didn’t want you to hurt him if I told you and I knew you would do something like that.” I said to him and he just stood there, “are you serious? Him out of everyone else in this bloody school?” he asked me and I just nodded before he stormed off before he left me there crying.

After a while had passed, I finally managed to calm down and wipe the tears away before I went straight to the Common Room and as soon as I got there, I just went to get changed and stayed away from everyone else for the rest of the night and after a while, Draco soon walked into the room, “what’s wrong? Why have you been crying?” he asked me as he sat in front of me before I looked at him, “I’m sorry.” I said to him, “sorry? Sorry for what love?” he asked me, “Harry overheard you with Snape, I tried to stop him from following you.” I said to him, “it’s not your fault.” He said to me before he hugged me and I started crying again, “I really am sorry about this.” I said to him, “it’s alright. Something like this was bound to happen anyways.” he said to me as I felt him kiss the top of my head and after a while, I finally managed to calm down before I started to feel tired, “are you tired love?” he asked me and I nodded, “alright, let’s get some sleep then.” he said to me before the both of us eventually got into bed after he had gotten changed and as soon as he wrapped his arms around me, I soon fell asleep that night. When another day came around, both Harry and I were going to the Burrow over the Holidays and as I was getting my things together, I heard someone walk in and looked to see that it was Draco, “are you going home for Christmas?” I asked him and he shook his head, “no, I’m staying here but I wanted to give you something before you left.” he said to me before he held up something before I noticed that it was his ring that he had put on a chain, “your ring? You never took this off. Why now?” I said to him, “in case something were to happen, I wanted you to have it.” he said to me and I just nodded knowing he had a point, “I love you, you know.” I said to him before he rested his hand over my cheek and I leant into his touch, “since we’re exchanging things, then I want you to have this for the same reason.” I said as I took off the necklace he had given me in first year and put it in his hand, “I would try and give it back to you but I know you would refuse to take it back because of how stubborn you are so thank you.” he said to me and I smiled a little, “I should probably get going.” I told him, “then I won’t keep you but before you go” he said before he gently placed a kiss on my lips and I kissed back, “I love you. Be safe please.” I said to him, “I love you to darling and the same goes for you as well.” he said to me before he walked out of the Common Room before I eventually met up with Harry and Ron before the three of us eventually got on the train before Harry brought up what happened the other night as he mentioned the Unbreakable Vow, “the Unbreakable Vow? Are you sure that’s what Snape said?” Ron asked him, “positive, ask Iris if you want, she was there. why?” Harry told him, “he’s telling the truth.” I told him, “it’s just, you can’t break an Unbreakable Vow.” Ron mentioned, “I worked that one out myself funny enough.” Harry said, “I don’t understand. Bloody hell.” Ron said before he noticed something before we looked to see Lavender walk up to the window before she fogged it up and drew a heart with her and Ron’s initials inside it before she mouthed that she missed him before she walked away, “lovely.” Harry said to him, “she’s bloody Mad about you isn’t she?” I said to him, “all she wants to do is snog me. My lips are getting chapped.” Ron said as he got close to Harry before sitting back down, “ok, I’ll take your word for it.” Harry said to him before Hermione walked up and noticed the Heart on the window before walking away, “so what happens to you? What happens if you break an Unbreakable Vow?” Harry asked him, “you die.” Ron said and I thought about it hoping that it wasn’t true.

By the time Harry, Ron and myself made it to the station, along with everyone else, we soon saw his parents there and the three of us along with Ginny walked up to them, “do you two have everything you need?” Mrs. Weasley asked us, “yeah.” the both of us said to her, “good, now let’s get going shall we.” she said to us before we later arrived at their place and once we did, both Ginny and I put our things in her room before the both of us started helping her mother out around the house before Tonks and Lupin came around just before dinner and once it was done, we all started eating and talked to each other and once dinner was over, Harry, myself, Lupin, Tonks and Mr. Weasley went into another room and talked about what Harry and I knew, “Voldemort has chosen Draco Malfoy for a mission?” Lupin questioned, “I know it sounds mad.” Harry told him, “has it occurred to either of you that Snape was simply pretending to offer Draco help so he could find out what he was up to?” Lupin said to us, “that’s not what it sounded like.” Harry told him, “Perhaps the both of them are right Remus, I mean to make an unbreakable Vow-” Tonks said and before she could finish, Lupin had spoken up, “it comes down to whether or not you trust Dumbledore’s judgment. Dumbledore trusts Snape, therefore I do.” Lupin said, “Dumbledore can make mistakes, he said so himself.” Harry said, “you’re blinded by hatred.” Lupin said, “I’m not.” Harry said, “yes you are. People are disappearing, Harry, daily. We can only place our trust in a handful of people. If we start fighting amongst ourselves, we’re doomed.” Lupin said to us, “sometimes I think we already are. Besides, Harry is telling the truth, Malfoy told me so himself. He even has the Mark.” I said to them as I began to hate myself even more for even telling them about it, “how do you know of this? Of the Mark?” he asked me, “he showed me. He said he didn’t have a choice either, that he was threatened by Vodemort if Draco didn’t do what he asked.” I said to him before I got up and walked out of the room and sat outside to get some air and just have a moment to myself before I heard the door open and saw that it was Tonks and Lupin with Mr. and Mrs Weasley behind them, “it was delicious Molly really.” Tonks said to her, “Are you sure you won’t stay?” Mrs. Weasley asked her, “no we should go. The first night of the cycle is always the worst.” Tonks said before Mr. Weasley spoke up, “Remus.” he said as I noticed him looking out into the field and before anything else happened, fire surrounded the house before someone landed on the ground before seeing that it was Bellatrix Lestrange.