Chapter Thirty Three

Iris’s P.O.V
Saturday night finally came around and I managed to make it down to the Common Room like Sirius said and saw that he wasn’t there before I heard him from the fireplace, “Iris” he said and I went over to him, “Sirius” I said to him, “did you put your names in the Goblet of Fire?” he asked me, “no I swear I didn’t. Please believe me.” I said to him, “I believe you but Harry, not so much. He still thinks you put your names in the Goblet of Fire.” he said to me, “and he’s going to keep thinking that until something bad happens” I said to him, “anyways, how are you holding up?” He asked me, “So far, it could be worse.” I said to him, “Harry told me about this dream, are you having them too?” he asked me and I nodded, “yeah I am. Did he mention Pettigrew and Voldemort?” I asked him, “yes he did, I believe the both of you are having the same dream. He also mentioned a third man, do you know who he is?” he said to me, “no, I’ve never seen him before.” I said to Sirius, “know this, I want you to be careful during this Tournament because once you have entered and Chosen, there is no going back. People have died in past Tournaments but rarely but it’s possible. But whoever put yours and Harry’s name in the Goblet of Fire is no friend to either of you, do you understand?” he said to me and I nodded, “trust the people who are closest to you and no one else.” he said to me before he disappeared and I just sat there thinking about what he said before I heard footsteps and looked to see that it was Draco as he walked over to me and sat down next to me, “everything alright?” he asked me, “yeah, I just couldn’t sleep.” I told him and we talked for a bit before I finally felt tired, “you should get to bed.” he said to me, “agreed.” I said to him and we both chuckled before we stood up and went back to our Dorms for the night and once I got into bed for the night, I finally fell asleep. When another day came around, I was in the Courtyard with Draco as we hung out with the others as Draco and I ended up in the tree before we noticed Harry walking past, “why so tense Potter? My father and I have a bet you see, I don’t think you're going to last ten minutes in this tournament” Daco said before he jumped down, “he disagrees, he thinks you won’t last five. Although he thinks the opposite of your sister of course.” Draco continued as Harry walked up to him and I jumped down as well, “I don’t give a damn what your father thinks Malfoy, he’s vile and cruel and you’re just pathetic. It also seems my sister is ending up like you.” he said to Draco and I walked up to him, “maybe, but at least I wouldn’t blame family for something like this and so far, you’re seeming to be far from family at the moment.” I said to him before he walked away before I noticed Draco grabbing his wand, “Draco, don’t. It’s not worth it.” I said to him and before he could do anything, Professor Moody managed to turn him into a ferret and I laughed a little as Professor Moody fooled around with it before Professor McGonagall came rushing over, “Professor Moody, what are you doing?” she asked him, “teaching.” he told her, “is that a student?” she asked him, “Technically it’s a Ferret.” he told her before he managed to put it down Crabbe’s pants and Goyale tried getting it but was unsuccessful before it eventually crawled out of Crabbe’s pant leg before Professor McGonagall turns it back into Draco causing him to quickly stand up, “my father will hear about this.” he said to Professor Moody, “is that a Threat? Is that a threat? I can tell you stories about your father that will curl even your greasy hair boy. It doesn’t end here.” Professor Moody said as Draco ran away with Goyal and the others, “Alastor, we never use Transfiguration as a punishment, surely Dumbledore told you that.” Professor McGonagal said to him, “he might have mentioned it.” he said to her, “well you will do well to remember it.” she told him before getting the others to leave, “you two come with me.” he said to Harry and I before the both of us followed him.

We eventually ended up walking into Professor Moody’s office before we noticed him taking off his prosthetic, “that’s a foe glass, let’s me keep an eye on my enemies. If I can see the whites of their eyes, they’re standing right behind me.” he said to us before the chest next to us suddenly started moving and faintly heard someone screaming from inside it, “I wouldn’t even bother telling the both of you what’s in there. Neither of you would believe me. Now, what are the both of you going to do about your dragon?” he said to us, “wait what? The First Task involves dragons?” I asked them, “I thought you knew that already?” he asked me and I shook my head, “no, I didn’t” I said before looking at Harry before Harry spoke up, “oh, well, you know I just thought I” Harry tried saying before Professor Moody had us sit down, “listen to me you two, your pall Diggory, by your age he could turn a whistle into a watch and have it sing you the time. Miss. Delacour, she’s as much a fairy Princess as I am. As for Krum, his head may be filled with saw dust but Karkaroff’s is not. They’ll have a strategy and you can bet that it will play to Krum’s strengths. Come on you two, what are your strengths?” he said to us and I thought about it as Harry spoke up, “I don’t know, we can fly. I mean we’re both fair flyer’s” Harry told him, “better than fair then they way I heard it” Professor Moody said to us, “but we’re not allowed a broom.” I told him, “you’re allowed a Wand.” Professor Moody said to us and we continued to talk about it before he let us go and I went looking for Draco to make sure that he was doing alright before I finally found him in the Common Room with Crabbe and Goyal, “Draco, are you doing alright?” I asked him as I sat down next to him on the couch, “I’m fine, I’ve written to father about what had happened, how about you? Are you doing alright?” He said to me, “I’m fine, besides the fact that I found out that the First Task involves Dragons.” I told him, “really? You know, we can do something about it like read on them or something.” he said to me, “ok, why don’t we go to the library for a while as we read up on the Dragons and had a few laughs along the way as well and eventually the both of us left the Library for the night and went to the Great Hall for dinner and once that was over, we all had gone back to our Common Rooms for the night and once I made it to the Slytherin Common Room, I sat there for a while thinking about everything and I was brought out my thoughts when I felt someone sit down next to me, “are you alright?” Draco asked me and I nodded, “yeah, I’m fine. I was just thinking about everything.” I told him, “alright, I just realized how close the First Task is, are you nervous about it?” he said to me and I nodded, “yeah, scared actually.” I told him, “don’t worry. I’ll be cheering you on alright.” he said to me and I smiled a little, “thanks, that means a lot.” I told him and the both of us hung out for a while longer before we went to bed for the night.

The day of the First Task came around and I was in the tent with Harry and the other Champions and my nerves were getting to me as I paced back and forth before there was a flash that brought me out of my thoughts and noticed that it was Rita Skeeter before I noticed Hermione standing with Harry, “young love. If everything goes unfortunately today, you two may even make the front page.” she said to Harry and Hermione, “you have no business here. This tent is for Champions and friends.” Viktor said to Rita, “no matter, we’ve got what we wanted.” she said to him before another picture was taken and Dumbledore walked in with the others, “good day Champions. Gather around.” he said to us before we did what he said, “now you’ve waited, you’ve wondered and at last the moment has arrived, a moment only five of you could fully appreciate.” he said to us before he noticed Hermione, “what are you doing here Miss. Granger?” he asked her before she stuttered and walked out, “Barty, the bag” Dumbldore said before Mr. Crouch walked up, “Champions, in a circle around me. Miss. Delacour over here, Mr. Krum, Miss. Potter right here” he said before he had me stand between Harry and Cedric, “now, Miss. Delecour if you will.” he said to her before she stuck her hand in the bag and pulled out a smaller version of the dragon, “the Welsh Green.” he said, “Mr. Krum.” he said and Viktor had done the same thing, “the Chinese Fireball, Oooo.” he said before walking over to me, “Miss. Potter.” he said before I pulled one out, “the Ukrainian IronBelly.” he said to me before Cedric pulled one out as well, “the Swedish Short Snout.” Mr. Crouch said before it was Harry’s turn, “which leaves-” he said, “the Horntail” I heard Harry whisper, “what’s that boy?” Mr. Crouch asked, “nothing.” Harry said to him, “the Hungarian Horntail. These represent Five, very real Dragons. Each of which has been given a Golden Egg to protect. Your objective is simple, collect the egg this you must do, for each egg contains a clue. Without which you cannot hope to proceed to the next Task. any questions?” he said to us but no one said anything before Dumbledore spoke up, “very well, good luck Champions. Mr. Diggory, at the sound of the Cannon-” Dumbledore began to say before the cannon went off before Cedric eventually went first and after some time had passed before, it was my turn and I let out a few shaky breaths and I soon walked out and everyone went quiet and before I could take another step, the dragon appeared in front of my causing me to lose my balance before I hid before flames came from its mouth and I managed to get around it after a while of trying until I managed to finally get the egg before I had gone to where the others had gone and after Harry managed to get his egg, everyone left and made it back to the Castle and once I made it to the Common Room before everyone started cheering causing me to smile a little before Draco walked up to me and hugged me, “how are you feeling?” He asked me before he moved away from the hug, “I’m alright, although I should probably go to Madam Pomfrey with all of these scratches and stuff.” I said to him, “ok, do you want to go now?” he asked me and I nodded, “alright let’s go.” he said before we left the Common Room and ended up at the Hospital Wing before Madam Pomfrey came up to me, “how are you doing dear?” She asked me, “I’m fine, I just have a few scratches here and there.” I told her before she checked me out and put some bandaids on some of the scratches that needed them before she let me go and both Draco and I ended up back at the Common Room, “are you going to be alright?” Pansy asked me and I nodded, “yeah, I’ll be alright.” I told her before I eventually got cleaned up and changed before hanging out with Draco as he managed to make me forget about everything as he managed to make me laugh before we all started going to bed for the night and once I got into bed, I just laid there thinking to myself about everything before my mind went to Draco before I had fallen asleep that night.