Chapter Fifty Three

Iris’s P.O.V
It was another day and the weather was cold and there was snow on the ground as I was meeting Harry and the other’s at Hogsmeade before I noticed them enter the Three Broomsticks before I soon followed them inside before, “Iris, over here.” I heard Hermione say before I went to sit down with them before someone came up to us and Hermione had ordered for us before he walked away before Ron had spoken up, “oh bloody hell. Slit git.” He said to us before I looked to see what he was talking about before I saw Ginny with Dean, “seriously, Ron.” I said to him as I turned back around, “honestly Ronald, they’re only holding hands.” Hermione told him before we looked again only to see them kissing, “I think it’s more than that.” I said to her and laughed a little, “and Snogging.” she said, “I’d like to leave.” Ron said to us, “we only just got here.” I told him as our drinks were handed to us, “you can’t be serious?” Hermione questioned, “that happens to be my sister” he told us, “so, what if she looked over here and saw you snogging me, would you expect her to get up and leave?” she said to him, “she has a point mate.” I told him before we noticed Harry waving at someone and I looked to see Slughorn, “Harry my boy.” he said before Harry stood up, “hello sir, wonderful to see you.” Harry said to him as the both of them shook hands, “and you. And you.” Slughorn said, “so, what brings you here?” Harry asked him, “the Three Broomsticks and I go way back, further than I care to admit. I could remember when it was one Broomstick” Slughorn said before spilling his drink on the table, “all hands on deck Granger and Potter.” Slughorn said to us before I managed to get some napkins and clean it up a little as he continued talking to Harry, “listen my boy, in the old days, I used to throw together the occasional supper party, a select student or two. Would you be game?” he said to Harry, “I’d consider it as an Honor sir.” Harry said to him, “you’d be welcome to Miss. Granger and Miss. Potter.” he said to Hermione and I, “I’d be delighted sir.” She said to him, “sure, why not. I’ll come.” I said to him, “splendid, look for my Owl. good to see you Wallenby.” he said to us before walking away, “what are you playing at?” Ron asked, “Dumbledore has asked Iris and I to get to know him.” Harry told him, “get to know him?” Ron questioned, “I don’t know, it must be important if it wasn’t, Dumbledore wouldn’t ask.” Harry told him and I managed to finished my drink and just as Hermione and I set our glasses down, both Ron and Harry motioned to their mouths before Hermione and I looked at each other before we wiped the foam from our mouths and the four of us continued to hang out at the Three Broomsticks for a while longer before the four of us started getting ready to leave.

As we were making our way back, something suddenly began to happen when we heard someone scream before they spoke up, “I warned her. I warned her not to touch it.” Leanne said to us before Katie started moving around before she sprung up into the air for a moment before she fell back down to the ground and after a moment had passed, I went over to check and see if Katie was alright and sighed when I felt that she was still breathing, “she’s alright, she’s still breathing.” I said before we heard Hagrid as he walked up, “don’t get any closer. Get back, all of you.” he said to us and I took a step back from Katie before he eventually picked her up, “do not touch that except for the wrapping. Do you understand?” Hagrid said to us and we all nodded and we eventually managed to do what Hagrid said and cover the necklace back up before we eventually made it back to the Castle and told Professor McGonagall about it before she brought us to an empty classroom, “Iris dear, could you go and get Professor Snape for me please?” she asked me and I just nodded before leaving the room and I went looking for him and once I found him, he noticed me standing there, “what is it Miss. Potter?” he asked me, “Professor McGonagall wants to see you.” I said to him before the both of us eventually made it back to where the others were, “oh Severus.” Professor McGonagall said as he walked up to see what was going on as I stood next to Harry, “what do you think?” Professor McGonagall asked Snape, “I think Miss. Bell is lucky to be alive.” he said to her, “she was cursed wasn’t she? I know Katie, off the Quidditch Pitch she wouldn’t hurt a fly. If she was delivering that to Professor Dumbledore, she wasn’t doing it knowingly.” Harry said to them, “yes she was cursed.” Professor McGonagall said to him, “it was Malfoy.” Harry blurted out, “wait what?” I questioned him as I wondered why he would think that, “that is a very serious accusation Potter.” Professor McGonagall said to Harry, “indeed. Your evidence?” Snape said, “I just know.” Harry said, “Well that’s not going to get you anywhere.” I told him, “you just know? Once again you astonish me with your gifts Potter, Gifts mere Mortals can only dream of possessing. How grand it must be to be the chosen one along with your sister yet I’m surprised you two are nothing alike.” he said as the room had gotten uncomfortable, “I suggest you go back to your Dormitories. All of you.” Professor McGonagall said to us and we left the room.

After Professor McGonagall let us go, I was about to head back to the Slytherin Common Room before I felt someone grab my arm and I turned to see that it was Harry, “I want to talk to you.” he said to me before we ended up in an empty classroom, “what do you want to talk about?” I asked him, “I want to talk about Malfoy. You know something don’t you.” he said to me, “what makes you think that?” I asked him, “probably because you’re the only one that’s closest to him.” he said to me and I sighed a little, “that doesn’t mean he told me anything. I doubt it was him that cursed Katie to begin with.” I told him, “how do you know? He’s probably keeping something from you isn’t he.” he said to me and I took a moment before he spoke up again, “there’s something going on isn’t there?” he asked me, “I don’t think something is going on. He’s been acting rather odd since school started and I don’t know why. He won’t tell me anything.” I told him, “I doubt that.” he said to me, “what makes you think Draco has anything to do with what happened to Katie? You have nothing to prove it.” I told him and he just walked away, leaving me standing there before I eventually made it to the Common Room and I went straight to Daco’s dorm to see him sitting there before he suddenly stood up, “love, what’s wrong?” he asked me, “Katie Bell had been cursed and Harry thinks you have something to do with it.” I said to him and he just stood there in silence before I began to feel like something was up, “Draco, what’s going on? I don’t like that look on your face” I told him before he walked away from me before I began to realize that Harry might be right, “Draco, did you or did you not give that Necklace to Katie?” I asked him as I began to panic a little, “I’m sorry, I wanted to keep this from you but the day I got my mark, the Dark Lord forced me to do something. I swear to you in my life I didn’t have a choice.” he said to me before I hugged him, “I believe you. I believe you.” I said to him as he started crying, “He threatened me if I didn’t do what he wanted.” he said to me, “what does he want you to do?” I asked him and it took him a moment before he finally spoke up, “he wants me to kill Dumbledore.” he said to me and I began to process what he just told me before I looked at him, “you’re not being serious are you?” I asked him, “I am Serious.” he said to me before I rated my forehead against his, “why aren’t you walking away?” he asked me, “why should I?” I asked him, “I’m a monster. I’m a Death Eater.” he said to me, “not by choice, you didn’t have a choice in any of this and you’re not a monster, you were never a monster to me. I love you and I always will.” I said to him, “I don’t deserve you.” he whispered to me, “you deserve everything.” I said to him before I kissed him, “I love you, more than anything.” he said to me, “I love you too.” I said to him before the both of us just spent the rest of the night in his dorm before I saw him just laying there on the bed, “how are you doing?” I asked him, “better than before I suppose. I wish I could just run away from all of this.” he said to me, “you’re not the only one.” I said to him before he sat up before he stood up and made it way to the door, “where are you going?” I asked him, “I just need some air.” he said to me, “do you want me to come with you?” I asked him, “no, it’s fine. You just get some rest and I’ll see you later alright.” he said to me and I sighed a little before he kissed me before he left the dorm and I just sat there thinking about what I had just found out as my fear had grown not just for me but for Draco as well before I eventually fell asleep later that night.