Chapter Sixty: Deathly Hollows

Draco’s P.O.V
It has been a couple of weeks since the night Snape killed Dumbledore and Voldemort had called for a meeting and everyone had sat down in the dining room before Voldemort spoke up to everyone before Snape walked into the room, “Severus, I was beginning to worry you had lost your way. Come, we’ve saved you a seat.” Voldemort said before Snap sat down, “Do you bring news I trust?” Voldemort asked him, “It will happen next Saturday at nightfall.” Snape said to him, “I’ve heard differently My Lord, Dawlish the Auror has let slip that the Potter Twins will not be moved until the 30th of this month, the day before they turn 17.” Yaxley said to him, “this is a false trail. The Auror office no longer plays any part in the protection of Harry and Iris Potter. Those closest to them believe we have infiltrated the Ministry.” Snape said, “Well, they got that right, didn’t they?” one of them said as the others laughed a little, “what's to say you Pias.” Voldemort said to him, “one hears many things My Lord, whether the truth is among them is not clear.” Pias said, “spoken like a true politician. You will, I think, prove most useful Pias. where will they be taken, the Twins?” Voldemort asked, “to a safe house. Most likely the home of someone in the Order, I’m told it’s been given every order and manner of protection possible, once there it will be impractical to attack them.” Snape said, “My Lord, I’d like to volunteer myself for this task. I want to kill the twins.” Aunt Bellatrix said to him before screaming came from the cellar, “Wormtail, have I not spoken to you about keeping our guest quiet?” Voldemort said to him, “yes My Lord. right away My Lord.” he said before rushing to the Cellar, “as inspiring as I find your blood lust Bellatrix, I must be the one to kill Harry and Iris Potter. But, I face an unfortunate complication that my wand and the twins share the same core. They are, in some ways, triplets. We can wound but not fatally harm one another. if I am to kill them, I must do it with another’s wand. Come, surely one of you would like the honor.” Voldemort said but no one said anything before he called upon Father, “how about you Lucius?” he asked him, “My Lord?” father questioned and I can hear the fear in his voice, “My Lord. I require your wand.” Voldemort said as he held out his hand before Father gave it to him, “do I detect elm?” Voldemort asked him, “yes My Lord.” Father said before Voldemort snapped the end of his wand before dropping it on the table, “and the core?” Voldemort asked, “Dragon HeartString My Lord.” Father told him, “Dragon Heartstring?” he questioned before he spoke up about the Muggle Studies Professor, “for those of you who don't know, we are joined tonight by Miss. Charity Burbage who, until recently, taught at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Her speciality was Muggle Studies. It is Miss. Burbage’s belief that Muggles are not so different from us. She would, give in her way, have us mate with them.  To her the mixture of Magical and Muggle Blood is not an abomination but something to be encouraged.” Voldemort said before she tried talking to Snape before Voldemort killed her before letting Nagini finish the rest.

After the meeting was over, and everyone had left the house, I had gone straight to my room and panicked hoping that Iris was going to be alright and I thought about her as I held her necklace in my hand as I paced back and forth before I heard someone walk into the room before I saw that it was mother, “are you alright? You went off in a hurry.” she asked me before Father soon walked in as well, “what’s gotten into you?” he asked me, “says the one who was shaking when the Dark Lord asked for your wand.” I said to him, “what’s wrong dear?” mother asked again, “I don’t want to talk about it.” I told her, “please tell me you’re not concerned for the girl? You know our traditions.” she said to me, “to hell with them then. I’d rather die than not be with her.” I said to her and she just stood there before she walked out of the room, “look son, I understand your feelings for the Potter girl but you simply mustn't go on with it. If you do then I will have no choice but to do the worst.” was all he said to me before he also walked out of the room before my anger grew before I threw something at the wall before I spent the rest of the night in my room thinking about her hoping that she will get through whatever she is going through right now and as I was sitting by the window looking outside, I heard someone walk into the room and I didn’t bother to see who it was until they stood next to me and I noticed that it was mother from the corner of my eye, “how are you feeling?” she asked me, “why do you care? You’re the one putting me through all of this. I didn’t want any of this and you knew that.” I told her, “you knew what would happen if you didn’t do what he asked. And by the looks of it then, you didn’t want to die.” she said to me, “to be honest, I’m starting to rethink the offer.” I told her, “you don’t mean that?” she asked and I looked her in the eye, “I meant every word.” I said to her, “you really love her don’t you?” she asked me, “yes, more than anything. She was the only person who was there for me when I was dealing with the Vanishing Cabinet.” I told her and she let out a sigh, “I’m going to hate myself for saying this but I can see that she’s changed you and I like that she has. If I have to be honest, I like her a lot.” she told me and I looked at her, “seriously? You’re not just saying that to make me feel better or anything?” I asked her and she shook her head, “no, I really do like her and I like that she feels the same way about you.” she said to me and I nodded a little before I looked at the necklace I gave to Iris for Christmas one year, “did you give that to her?” she asked me and I nodded, “yeah, I got it for her for Christmas.” I told her, “So that's why you asked me to get it.” she said to me and I nodded, “yeah, but she gave it back as a reminder I did the same thing with my ring, I put it on a chain and gave it to her.” I told her, “that’s sweet. Anyways, dinner should be ready soon.” she said to me and I nodded, “alright, I’ll be down in a minute.” I told her before she walked out of the room and I sighed a little before speaking up, “be safe my love. We will meet again soon.” I said to myself before kissing the necklace before heading down for dinner.