Chapter Fifty Four

Iris’s P.O.V
It was finally the night of Slughorn’s dinner party and I sat next to Blaise as we ate and Slughorn eventually spoke up, “so tell me Cormack, do you see anything of your Uncle Tiberius these days?” Slughorn asked him, “yes sir, in fact I’m meant to go hunting with him and the Minister of Magic over the Holidays.” Cormack said to him, “well, be sure to give them both my best. What about your Uncle Bellby? For those of you who don’t know, Marcus’s Uncle invented the Wolfsbane Potion. Is he working on anything new?” Slughorn said, “I don’t know. Him and my dad don’t get on, probably because my dad says his potions are rubbish. His only potion worth having is the stiff one at the end of the day.” Marcus said, “what about you Miss. Granger, what exactly does your family do in the Muggle World?” Slughorn asked her, “my parents are dentists. They attend to people's teeth.” she told him, “fascinating and is that considered a dangerous profession?” he asked her, “no, although one boy, Robbie Fenwick did bite my father once, he needed ten stitches.” she said, causing me to choke a little on my ice cream as the room went silent before someone walked into the room and everyone saw that it was Ginny, “ahh, Miss. Weasley come in, come in.” Slughorn said to her, “sorry, I’m not usually late.” she said before Harry stood up, “no matter, just in time for dessert. That is if Belby left you any.” Slughorn said as he laughed a little before we continued eating and after some time had passed, we all began to leave the room after Slughorn had ended the dinner and onc Blaise and I walked out of the room, I let out a sigh, “that was bloody awkward.” I said to him, “I couldn’t agree with you more.” he said to me before the both of us eventually made it back to the Common Room along with the Carrow Twins and as soon as we walked in, I sighed a little when I noticed Draco wasn’t there and before I went to check his roo, Blaise spoke up, “hey Potter, what’s been going on with Malfoy? He’s been acting rather odd recently. Is everything alright with him?” he asked me and I sighed a little, “he’s just going through something right now. I think it’s family trouble or something.” I told him and he just nodded before I went to check his room to see him sitting there and I sat next to him after closing the door, “how are you holding up?” I asked him, “could be better.” he said to me, “you know it’s not going to be like this forever.” I told him, “but what if it is? What if he really does end up getting what he wants? I just got you and I can’t lose you now.” he said to me and I held his hand, “you won’t, I’ll make sure of it. Bsides, like I said before, you can’t get rid of me that easily.” I told him and he smiled a little, “I miss seeing you smile.” I said to him, “only you can make me do that.” he said to me and I chuckled a little, “is that so?” I asked him and he nodded before kissing me, “you look like you were thinking about something when I walked in, what was it about?” I asked him after I pulled away from the kiss, “I was just thinking about all of this. Wondering why he had to pick me but I guess what he wants me to do explains for itself.” he said to me and I sighed a little, “I’m sorry you have to go through all of this, I really am. I wish I could do something.” I told him, “I don’t want you to, you know that. Besides, I’ll be alright ok” he said to me and I knew he would try to keep me from helping him and I sighed a little, “I just don’t want you to go through all of this alone and It worries me that you are.” I said to him before he kissed my hand, “I promise everything will be alright.” he said and I nodded before I kissed his cheek before we spent the rest of the night in his room as the both of us just talked the entire time.

It was the next day and it was the day of the Quidditch Match and It was Slytherin against Gryffindor and after getting ready, I had gotten to the Great Hall and looked for Draco before I saw him sitting alone before I went to go and sit down next to him before speaking up, “how are you doing?” I asked him, “I don’t know. I’m freaking out a little.” he said to him and I held his hand a little, “everything is going to be alright. Now eat something, you haven’t been eating much lately.” I said to him and he just looked at me, “please.” I said to him before starting to eat what he had on his plate and I just sat with him the entire time, “I’ll be cheering for you today if that helps make you feel any better.” he said to me and I smiled a little, “thanks.” I said to him and once Breakfast was over, Blaise, myself and the rest of the team eventually flew out onto the Quidditch Pitch before the ball was eventually thrown into the air as the match began and at some point in the Match, I tried chasing after Ginny as she had the Quaffle and at the last minute, she managed to throw it into one of the hoops causing me to crash into the Keeper before hitting the hoop and falling to the ground and it took me a minute to realize that my Shoulder had been dislocated and my nose had started bleeding, “are you alright?” Blaise asked me and I nodded, “I’m fine.” I said to him before I got back on my broom and managed to continue with the rest of the Match. After the match was over, I eventually had to go to the Hospital Wing for my injures as my nose continued to bleed and my shoulder had been dislocated as well before Madam Pomfrey rushed over to me, “oh goodness, I swear you are looking for some kind of a death wish Miss. Potter.” She said to me, “I’m afraid someone has already granted it Madam Promfrey.” I told her as she gave me something to clean up my nose, “don’t be silly. I doubt he could.” she said to me as she checked my shoulder, “this might hurt dear.” she said to me before she managed to pop my shoulder back into place causing me to groan a little, “bloody hell, couldn’t you have given me something to numb it.” I said to her, “I could have but it would’ve taken a while to do so and I didn’t think you wanted to be here for that long.” she said to me and I sighed, “it will be sore for a while but other than that, just take it easy alright.” she said to me and I nodded before she managed to make the bleeding in my nose stop before letting me go and I made my way back to the Common Room and just as I had done so, Blaise came up to me, “bloody hell, are you alright? You took quite the beating.” he said to me, “I’m fine, I’ll be alright.” I told him, “if you’re wondering where Malfoy is, he’s not here.” He told me, “do you know where he is?” I asked him and he just shrugged before I sighed and walked away before I got cleaned up and changed before I checked his room to see if he was there and didn’t find him there before I walked out of the Common Room and started looking for him. 

I went to check the Astronomy Tower and found him standing there before I walked up to him and rested my hand on his back, “is everything alright?” I asked him and he didn’t say anything, “Draco, look at me.” I said to him before he managed to do so, “what’s wrong?” I asked him again, “I don’t know how much longer I can do this.” he said to me and I just hugged him, “you will, I know you can. I know others might not see it but you’re the bravest person I know and I love you more than anything.” I said to him as I felt him hug me back, “I don’t deserve you.” he said to me, “you deserve everything good this world has to offer.” I said to him as I began to hear him cry before I held his face in my hands, “what makes you so sure?” he asked me, “because you are different. You are the complete opposite from what everyone else says about you and that counts for something.” I said to him before he caressed my cheek, “I love you Iris Potter.” he said to me, “I love you more.” I said to him before he kissed me and the both of us just stayed at the Astronomy Tower for a while before the both of us had made it back to the Common Room for the rest of the night. As time went on, I had been invited to Slughorn’s Christmas Dew and I was wondering whether or not I should ask Draco if he wanted to come and I went looking for him and I found him sitting alone in the Library, “how are you holding up?” I asked him, “alright.” he said to me, “well, I was wondering if you wanted to come to Slughorn’s Christmas Dew with me?” I asked him and it looked like he was thinking about it before he answered me, “I wish I could, but I have to get this done.” He said to me, “I’m guessing you’re talking about whatever Voldemort wants you to do.” I said to him and he nodded, “I don’t blame you for this and I never will, alright. Remember that ok, no matter how bad this gets.” I told him and he just nodded, “thanks for all of this, I mean it.” He said to me and I smiled a little, “I would do anything for you.” I told him, “What does Harry think about this?” He asked me, “Well, he thinks you had something to do with what happened to Katie but I don’t think anyone believes him.” I said to him, “I swear he will do anything to make me seem like the bad guy.” he said to me, “I suppose so but I have no doubt that he will find out the truth eventually.” I said to him, “I know, but he will think about it the wrong way. He probably thinks I had a choice about all of this. About what I had to become just to stay alive.” he told me, “I know.” I told him and the both of us stayed in the Library for a while before the both of us left and made it back to the Common Room for the night.