Chapter One: Philosopher Stone

Iris’s P.O.V
Ever since Harry and I were babies, the both of us have been living with our Aunt and Uncle ever since and when the morning of Dudley's birthday came around, I heard him banging on the door causing me to sigh, “Come on Potter, wake up, wake up.” I heard him say through the door before I eventually got out of bed and got dressed before making my way downstairs and into the kitchen along with Harry, “Happy Birthday son.” Uncle Vernon said to Dudley, “why don’t the both of you just cook the breakfast and try not to burn anything.” Aunt Petunia said to us, “yes Aunt Petunia” the both of us said to her, “I want everything to be perfect for my Dudley’s special day.” Aunt Petunia said, “hurry up. One of you bring me my coffee.” Uncle Vernon said to us, “I got it Harry.” I said to him and poured Uncle Vernon his coffee, “how many are there?” Dudley asked his parent’s, “36, counted them myself.” Uncle Vernon said to him, “36? BUT LAST YEAR, LAST YEAR I GOT 37” Dudley shouted at him, “yes, well, some of them are quite a bit bigger than last year.” Uncle Vernon said to Dudley, “I DON’T CARE HOW BIG THEY ARE.” Dudley said to him, “Now, now, this is what we’re going to do, when we go out, we’re going to buy you two new presents. How's that pumpkin?” Aunt Petunia said to Dudley and Harry and I continued to deal with Breakfast before they finally let us have something to eat before the five of us walked out of the house and before Harry and I got in the Car, Uncle Vernon stopped us, “I’m warning the both of you now, any funny business, any at all, the both of you won’t have any meals for a week. Get in.” he said to us before Harry and I got in the car before Uncle Vernon started driving to the Zoo and the entire drive there, I just looked out of the window thinking of what it would have been like if mum and dad were still alive and neither Harry and I had to live with Aunt Petunia and Uncle Vernon before I was brought out of my thoughts when we had gotten to the Zoo and as soon as we made it inside, both Harry and I just walked around as we looked at the animals, “you looked like you were thinking about something on the way here. What was it?” Harry said to me, “wondering what it would have been like if mum and dad were still alive, then we wouldn’t have to live with them.” I said to him as I let out a sigh, “it would have been a lot better though.” he said and I nodded in agreement as we continued to look at the animals.

Eventually, both Harry and I started looking at one of the snakes they had at the Zoo along with the others, “make it move?” Dudley asked before Uncle Vernon started knocking on the glass, “Move” he said to the snake but it did nothing before Dudley started doing the same thing, “Move” he said, “it’s asleep.” Harry said to them, “he’s boring,” Dudley said before they walked away, “sorry about him. He doesn’t understand what it’s like, lying there day after day. Watching people press their ugly faces on you.” Harry said to it, “I doubt he ever will.” I said to Harry before we noticed the snake wink at us, “did you see that or am I going crazy?” I asked him, “yeah I saw it. Can you hear us?” Harry said before the snake nodded, “it’s just, I’ve never talked to a snake before.” Harry told it, “Neither have I.” I said to it, “Do you talk to people often?” Harry asked it and the snake shook its head, “you’re from Berma aren’t you? Was it nice there? Do you miss your family?” Harry asked the Snake before it motioned to the sign next to it and saw that it was bred in captivity, “I see. That’s us as well. We never knew our parents either.” Harry told it before hearing Dudley, “mummy, dad come here.” Dudley said before he shoved Harry and I out of the way, causing the both of us to fall on the ground before we noticed the glass disappear causing Dudley to fall in before the Snake managed to get out, “thanksss.” it said to us, “anytime.” Harry said to it, “no problem” I said after hearing it talk to us before it slithered away causing everyone it passed to scream and panic as it went by before we noticed Dudley trying to get out before Aunt Petunia panicked when she noticed and both Harry and I laughed a little before we noticed Uncle Vernon looking at the both of us before he dragged the both of us to our feet before Dudley managed to get out with some help from the workers before we all got in the car a Uncle Vernon started driving home from the Zoo because of what had happened. By the time we made it home and we all got out of the car, Uncle Vernon dragged Harry and I into the house, “what happened?” he asked us, “I swear we don’t know.” Harry told him, “one minute the glass was there and then it was gone, it was like magic.” I told him before he pushed Harry into the cupboard, “there’s no such thing as Magic” he said to us before he put me in my room and I started to cry a  little until I fell asleep.

When another day came around and Harry and I had gotten the mail before we looked through it before seeing something with our names on it, “bloody hell.” I said as the both of us just looked at each other before we walked into the kitchen and gave Uncle Vernon the rest of the mail before Dudley took the letter’s from Harry and I, “dad look Harry and Iris got letters.” Dudley said to him, “come on Dudley, give them back” I said to him, “give it back they’re ours.” Harry told him, “yours? Who would be writing to the both of you.” Uncle Vernon said to us before he looked at them before looking from Aunt Petunia and back to us before he ripped it up and threw it away before Harry and I just listened to what they wanted us to do around the house and as time went on, more letters arrived but Uncle Vernon tried to keep it from happening but when Sunday came around, we were all in the living room as they were sitting down as Uncle Vernon spoke up, “fine day Sunday. In my opinion, the best day of the week. Why is that Dudley?” Uncle Vernon said Dudley shrugged, “because there’s no post on Sunday’s” Harry told him, “right you are Harry. No post on Sunday.” Uncle Vernon said before Harry and I noticed something outside before seeing Owls sitting on anything they found on the front lawn, “who are sending them?” I whispered to Harry, “I don’t know.” he said to me before we heard something that caused Uncle Vernon to stop talking before we saw more letter’s fly out from the fireplace before Harry and I managed to get one with our names on them and as we tried getting away, Uncle Vernon managed to grab onto us, “that’s it, we’re going away. Far away where they can’t find us.” Uncle Vernon said to us. After a while had passed, everything had calmed down and everyone had managed to start packing what everything before Harry and I were forced to go with them as the five of us left the house and made our way to wherever they planned on staying.