Prologue

Your breathing increases rapidly as you desperately run from the people who are chasing you, you hold your baby tightly in your arms and sprint through the forest with your barefoot.

"Find her! She might be lurking around here somewhere. If the chief comes to know that we have lost her then he would punish us all for sure! So run and find the woman!" Yells one of the men wearing a uniform.

The rest of the men go through every place in the forest, looking for you.

You stop at a place and take a series of breaths as you lean on the tree for support. Your legs went numb from the constant running.

You gulp down as you look around the unfamiliar place. You looked surrounding which is covered with trees, the moon shining through the branches of the trees and the night breeze washed across your body, adding more coldness to your system. You pull the blanket closely across your baby to protect her from the cold night.

"Did you find her!" Yells the man.

Your eyes go wide as you look back, noticing a few torch lights approaching your direction. Your eyes widen in horror holding your baby closer to your chest.

You immediately sprint out of your resting place and run deep into the forest. Once you reach your peak of breathless feeling, you stop and look around for a place to hide.

"Sir, a sound is coming from there," yells the man.

Fear crawls upon your body as you look for a hide. You notice a large hole in the tree and immediately rush into it. You place yourself into it smoothly hide into it.

The bright light nears your zone causing your underline to pump and your heartbeat increases its pace.

"Did you get any glimpse of her!" Shouts another man to which a guard yells no.

"Come on, she must be here somewhere. Let's search properly,"

The guards move forward and move out of your hiding zone. You let out a relieved sigh and lean on the tree trunk inside it. You hug yourself tightly for some time to escape the cold.

After a few minutes, you get up from the hiding and slowly walk out, looking around if there is any presence of the men. You sigh gladly once you feel no presence of humans.

Suddenly to your bad luck, a sound of a motor engine frightens you. You look back and notice a bright light shining at you. Your baby wakes and starts crying out immediately. You try to hush the child but she doesn't stop and continues her cries. You guessed that she might be hungry.

You immediately run away from the place away from the approaching motor engine. Soon you lose your balance and fall to the ground but your grip on your child doesn't lose and keep her above you so that she won't be hurt.

The motor engine comes to a halt and a driver comes out

"Who is that-"

"Wait!" Another man tells as he is being seated inside the motor engine. He slowly comes from his car.

Your eyes shiver as you dreadfully look at the person whose face is covered by the flashlight, and a uniform is being worn by the male.  Slowly his face unravels, and your feared expression melts into a calm posture as you notice his long face, plum lips and small eyes that look deeply at you as of he is trying to analyse you.

"Who are you, lady?" Asks the man.

Your mouth widens as the words from your mouth are unable to get out.

This man is wearing the same uniform as that person, your fear only increases further as you gaze at the uniform he wearing.

The male understood your nervous feeling as he looks at the dress he has wore.

"Don't worry, you don't have to fear me. I mean no harm. You can trust me," his soft voice gives you a feeling of calm and steady emotion.

Your baby cries out further.

"Shush it's okay, I will feed you soon," you hush her calmly.

He looks at the baby in your hands and bends down.

"Are you in any trouble?" He asks after looking at your torn dress and muddy clothes.

You nod your head with a tiny bit of fear, no matter how much good vibration radiates from him. You can't trust him yet.

"I will help you, lady. I can't leave you with your child here. The forest is no good as vicious animals lure around at night," he gently tells you.

You look at him for some time before opening your mouth to utter some words.

"Please..... help me," your voice quivered as your eyes teared.

"I'm Park Jimin and you can rely on me Lady, I will help you," his soft gentle voice makes softens your heart.

He extends his hand and asks for you to accept it. You hesitantly look at his palms before accepting his hand.

He smiles, his eyes closing while his dimples are visible on his pale cheeks.

He makes you stand up and guides you to his car.

You sit inside the car, wondering how this magical vehicle works. After all, you have travelled only in carriages and carts, and cars were very expensive and the one who owns it is either from a very rich family or the ones who are from a higher authority people in the government.

You look at the man who is seated beside you, you have no idea about this stranger named Park Jimin yet your mind tells you he is far better than the one whom you are escaping from.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

New book!

I'm excited about this 💥😊