Chapter 23

Third POV
All of a sudden, Sasuke gasped and opened his eyes. No one was in there except for him and Naruto. He squinted at her, trying to figure out where her mind was within her pretty little head. He was a little woozy from being in his mindscape for so long; he had never known how Naruto did that. She was something else.

Sasuke stood up and stretched his limbs, walked around, shook Naruto for the sake of shaking her, and then started to pace around.

And about 30 minutes later, at the smallest of Naru's movements, Sasuke pinched the bridge of his nose and muttered, "About time, Naru. How low do you have to be stuck in there?"

Uncharacteristically, Naru replied, with her eyes closed, "I'll get up when I'm ready to, and not a second later."

Sasuke didn't react outwardly, but in his mind, he thought, This isn't Naru.

Then the supposedly 'Naru' stretched and opened her eyes, a blue that could rival the sea.

"What took so long, Naruto?" Sasuke grumbled but noticed how Naruto looked slightly different when she stood up.

"Sorry, Sasuke. Kyuubi gave me a hard time." Naruto smiled sheepishly.

"Hmph. You owe me. Now how the heck do we get out of this space thingy?" Sasuke asked seemingly unwittingly.

"I dunno, just bang on the wall-" Naru was cut off when Sasuke sucker-punched her gut.

Blood spurted from her mouth. "The hell was that for?" She exclaimed.

Sasuke sported an especially malicious and evil grin, "I know who you are. Don't play with me."

"What the hell do you mean, Sasuke?" Naru yelled indignantly.

"You're my teammate, right? Tell me what I mean." Sasuke ordered.

"First off, don't order me around. Second, what do you mean 'because I'm your teammate'-" Sasuke cut her off again as he kicked her down, holding her down with his foot.

"I'll say this one last time. Don't. Play. With. Me." Sasuke growled.

"What!?"

Sasuke whispered to himself, then grumbled, "... you're still dumb." Then to Naru, he explained, "I'll explain really simply."

"You aren't Naruto." 

The supposed fake gasped in shock, "What do you mean, I'm not Naruto? Who else has entered this space even to henge into me and then sit in front of you like an idiot?"

Sasuke shook his head, "White Zetsu mixed with Kyuubi Chakra, huh? Kind of smart now that I think about it. Completely fooled my sharingan, or so you'd think."

Then the body in front of Sasuke melted from a soft tan to white, and the White Zetsu showed itself. "Why thank you Sasuke. Naruto was quite weak when I knocked her out and stored her away-"

Sasuke kicked Zetsu over and held his sword at Zetsu's throat, "Where's the scroll."

Zetsu struggled against Sasuke's foot on his throat but managed to croak out, "Why... should I tell... the likes of you?"

Sasuke sighed. "Never mind." He infused his hand with chakra and pierced the Zetsu's core. Zetsu screamed and tried to flee, but Sasuke held him still as he withdrew his hand, carrying a black scroll.

Sasuke didn't waste a second in slicing the zetsu's head off, effectively killing it. To his shock, the Kyuubi's chakra escaped, then entered the closest living near it: Sasuke.

Sasuke screamed as the Kyuubi's chakra invaded his system. With the last of his strength, he unsealed whatever was in the scroll, then collapsed in a fit of pain.