Chapter 18

Third POV

Sasuke smiled. His work was done. He was about to turn to Naruko when a sharp, intense wave of pain overwhelmed his whole torso. He cried out in pain, as Naruko quickly caught him and lay him partially on his back, his head resting on his cloak.

Then Naruko saw the blood. Blood-tracks littered both their bodies, but his had a still-flowing track on his chest. Then she saw the wound. It was barely the size of Sasuke's sword. In fact, it seemed to fit the sword's height and width...

//Flashback//

Naruko POV

"Sasuke!" I cried. Danzo's wood style -- How'd he get that, and where? -- had grabbed Sasuke's sword and was about to stab Sasuke's heart. But before I could react, Sasuke was back by my side. I wondered what happened, did he just let it pass in between his arm and torso (A/N: I just can't say armpit because that just makes me visualize something disturbing: Sasuke's armpit and Sasuke odor 🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢I'm sorry for that iNtErEsTiNg mental picture) and then grab it and shunshin to me?

//Flashback end//

Third POV

"Baka!" Naruko muttered, all panicky while trying to strip off his chunnin jacket, using what little medical jutsu she could use to stem the flow of blood.

Sasuke spit out a little blood, coughing profusely.

"I don't get it, how did I not see the blood?" Naruko murmured as tears seeped out of her eyes.

Sasuke coughed out, "Remember... I wear a black vest." Naruko's eyes widened in realization.

"You really are stupid."

"You DO know your life is in my hands, right?"

"You wouldn't know enough medical jutsu-" Sasuke cried out in pain as Naruko got to his heart, trying to close up the hole there, "agh... to even heal a fish."

(Sasuke's thoughts rn: Naruko's chakra is so warm... like bathing in sunshine. Well, I guess she's a sun by herself.)

"Not my fault you decided to be a dumb*** and try to fight him on your own."

"I had you as backup, plus, the Uchiha don't need backup."

"You realize Madara Uchiha, yes, you heard me right, Madara Uchiha's backup was his brother until the latter died?"

"Nah, I didn't- AGH- OW OW STOP!" Sasuke shouted writhing in pain, teeth gritted. "I'mSorryI'mSorryI'mSorryI'mSorryI'mSorryI'mSorryI'mSorryI'mSorryI'mSorry" Naruko kept repeating while closing up the hole in his heart (A/N: OBITO I'M SORRY DON'T KILL ME-). 

"Next time-" Sasuke gasped as Naruko finally sealed the whole wound shut, and started to stitch his skin together. "-I'll leave the-" coughs from the Uchiha, "dying to our enemies-AHH!" Sasuke yelled as Naruko tightened the stitches and tied them together. 

"Good decision. You continue this and I'm gonna get my eternal mangekyo at this rate." She muttured.

"You ain't an Uchiha. Yet." Sasuke smiled softly (and hAnDsOmE-lY), causing Naruko to turn beet red. hen she sobered up, thinking. Somehow, those thoughts made her tear up again.

"I'm just saying- HINATA! BAACHAN!" Naruko called loudly, as both women landed on the bridge (A/N: which I might add was messed up).

"Naru-Uchiha! What happened?" Tsunade asked while kneeling down and checking the wound. Sasuke winced as Tsunade's cold chakra seeped through his skin.

"Come on. Let's get you all cleaned up." Tsunade said as Naruko cradled Sasuke as gently as she could, which still resulted in Sasuke yelling out in pain and Naruko apologizing a lot.

//Time-skip//

"Mikoto-san!!!" Naruko yelled at the Uchiha house-hold's door.

"Wait, Naruko, just enter. I can sense something's wrong." Sasuke murmured. Naruko re-shouldered her Uchiha (she was supporting him like a human crutch) and then pulled the door open. Soft gurgling coughing permeated the silence.

Both chunnin stepped quitely into the house, and a woman's crying added to the coughing. Both hurried their steps to the source of the sounds, which happened to be Itachi's room. Naruko opened the door, and Sasuke said "Tadai-"

What they both saw shocked them more than a Thousand years of Death from Kakashi, and pained more than a sword stab.

Itachi lay coughing in a pool of his own blood, and a very distressed Mikoto was crying and trying to heal him.

(A/N: UGH GREAT CLIFFHANGER BUT I GOTTA WRITE MORE

AGHHHHHHHH NOOOOOOOOOOO I CAN'T KILL OFF ITACHI NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭)

Sasuke leapt from Naruko's hands, ignoring the pain in his chest, since there was a greater pain than his wound.

"Nii-san. Nii-san!" Sasuke whispered, gently shaking the dying Uchiha heir. Tears started to pool in the younger Uchiha's eyes, and dripped down to mix with his mother's and Naruko's tears (she'd come along and sat too...), along with Itachi's blood.

"Sasuke. You've come." Itachi murmured dimly. It seemed like he knew all along that he'd die, and that he'd come to peace with his future.

"Listen. I don't have much time. But I do know Danzo slashed my cheek with some poisoned Kunai while I was asleep. and you have proof because that same Kunai, plus one piece of his clothing is in my room." Itachi murmured quickly, interrupted by his wet coughs.

Then Itachi did something gross yet noble, also infuriating. He plucked his own eyes out, both of them, and put them in a jar with fluid. He then gave the jar to his mother, who's eternal mangekyo was glowing behind her tears. (A/N: She's literally bawling her eyes out.

Get it?

You don't like it? Yeah, I get you, now is not the time to joke around like that...)

Mikoto barely had time to catch the jar with shaking hands before it shattered on the ground.

"Listen Sasuke. Take my mangekyo. Transfer your eyes. Get EMS. I beg of you. And Naruko," He turned to Naruko who's tears had turned to blood from her anger. 

(A/N: gurl less go beat up some butt. Also, I thought you [naruko] weren't an Uchiha? What's makin' your eyes bleed like Sasuke?

OKAY I'LL STOP NOW)

"Keep Sasuke away from trouble. Take care of him. Marry him if you can. Give me at least 2 nieces or nephews. Please. Continue the Uchiha line for me." Itachi asked Naruko, who didn't even turn red. She kept a determined face despite the blood and tears on her face.

"I promise. But you have to promise me something too. Stay with us." She muttered.

"Oh, I'll keep that promise. Don't worry about that. I'm always with you all." Itachi smiled gently as he touched Sasuke's chest, where his heart would be.

"I'm sorry guys. Tell Izumi I'm sorry. I'm sorry Sasuke. But there won't be a next time." Itachi did his famous forehead poke with 2 bloody fingers. His hand fell down a second after.

And Itachi sighed for the final time as his soul flew to the heavens.

(A/N: sorry guys, I made a mistake when I first published it, I fixed it now! Sorry!

Also, Chapter 19 is coming out soon! Stay tuned!)