46: Abnormal Situations

It's only November, and the cold north wind is already blowing in Xuefeng, and the weeds on the roadside are all withered and yellow. The villagers don't want to go out when they have nothing to do, and they love to stay at home and enjoy the fire.

    This is the sixth year that Xiaoberry has been married to Xuefengling. She still remembers that when she was a child in the capital, the whole family huddled under the covers in order to save firewood during this season. When it snows in winter, the days are even more difficult. The surrounding houses are often crushed and collapsed, even several members of a family were crushed below and lost their lives. The chief and those patriarchs seldom pay attention to such things, and Xiao Berry also thought that all the big tribes were like this, only now did he realize that our Lord Xiaolin is completely different from them.

    If there are any good things, they will be distributed to everyone according to the work in the end. Lord Xiaolin also doesn't like those gorgeous clothes and accessories. In summer, he wears simple robes, but in winter, like everyone else, he wears animal skin jackets. But he is handsome, he looks good in whatever he wears, the lord is prettier than others in ordinary clothes.

    In the past two years, the conditions have gotten better and better, and the lord has not built a beautiful lord's mansion for himself like the patriarchs of those big tribes. After the Harvest Festival this year, he also lived in a small courtyard with his partner. On the contrary, he built new houses for everyone two years ago. The newly built houses are all made of burnt red bricks, with a layer of mud walls on the outside, which are thick and airtight, much warmer than stone houses. .

    The lord got a lot of precious iron from nowhere this year, and asked people to make very useful iron pots and tin stoves for everyone, as well as newly minted black coal. The lord said that the smoke from the black coal was poisonous, so he installed flues in everyone's house, so that the tin stove could be used in the living room. Putting some specially made black coals can burn all day long, and the house is always warm. Everyone in the family likes to sit around the stove, and the naughty cubs in the family like to scratch and play with the stove. Xiao Berry has discussed with her husband to bring her parents to enjoy the blessing next autumn.

    It is very hard for my husband to go on patrol in such a cold day. I will heat a hot pot later and put some red oil buns made by the gourmet shop, and he will be able to eat it when he comes back. Parents-in-law and mother-in-law also love this red oil bun. Put a little in the soup, it is delicious, and the hot and unique taste can make people warm up all over. It's just that the cubs can't stand the smell, so they have to make some broth in advance.

    The patrol team that Xiaoberry talked about recently has a really heavy workload. This season, there is a lack of food in the wild, and the scale of the farm has expanded several times. There are hundreds of chickens, ducks, rabbits and sheep in different areas. Now there are wild boars, which are very attractive to carnivorous dragons. Be optimistic. In winter, the hunting team can't go out to hunt, they all rely on the farm to supply fresh meat for thousands of people in the territory, and everyone regards the farm like an eyeball.

    Xiaohui led the patrol team and carefully swept around the farm and the perimeter of the territory, catching the wild rats that got in and some carnivorous dragons wandering around the perimeter, and almost finished today's work. It was getting dark early now, and the sun hadn't set yet, so some team members invited everyone to go to the tavern for a drink.

    Xiao Hui was tempted to hear that, thinking that Xiao Lin must be busy right now. Every year at this time, Xiaolin would go to each household to do a population record, and check the villagers' health by the way. He would be busy until dark before returning. When he went back, he would stay alone in the empty room, so he said: "Okay, let's go have a drink. "Those with a partner were in a hurry to go home, and he took most of the single players to the tavern.